Last night in the church

The Walking Dead
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

“Sungmin and Yesung could you make something for everyone to eat, Yesung especially…Thank you” Sungmin nodded and guided Yesung to the supply bag, Eunhyuk and Leeteuk took some string and empty cans and headed out the front door carefully.

“What shall we make?” Sungmin asked in the most cheerful voice he could but it wasn’t working, Yesung just wasn’t responding to anything, Sungmin sighed and watched as Eunhyuk and Leeteuk walked out of the church ‘I hope they will be ok…’ Sungmin frowned as his hyung and Dongsaeng left his sight “They should be ok, they have weapons and there hasn’t been any trouble for a while now” Siwon walked over to Sungmin and Yesung and helped rummage through the food supplies. Sungmin smiled and also looked through the ingredients “What shall we cook?” he asked Siwon frowned for a second before shaking his head and shrugging, Sungmin noticed Siwon stiffen for a second “What’s wrong? Are you feeling ok?” Sungmin placed a hand of Siwons back and the latter looked at Sungmin with a quivery smile “O-Oh it’s nothing” Sungmin frowned as Siwon looked back to the food.

Yesung was sat next to Sungmin with his knees up to his chest and his arms wrapped around his legs with the giraffe pendent held tightly in his hand rocking back and forth, but the moment Sungmin said the word ‘Cook’ he stopped rocking, he had nothing but Ryeowook going through his mind and when he tried to think of something happier the slightest word or object would bring back the horrific memory and this was driving Yesung insane, Yesung looked at Siwon and knew exactly what he was frowning about…

“W-Wookie…” Sungmin and Siwon looked at Yesung as he spoke –He hadn’t said a word in hours- “Wookie was the cook… He would know what to cook…” Yesung spoke with a shaky voice but no tears escaped, only pure sadness and guilt writhed in his eyes.

Sungmin looked down then to Siwon and back to Yesung, he then reached his arm out to hold Yesungs shoulder but the latter flinched back “Don’t! Don’t touch me… I’m nothing but bad luck” Yesungs eyes were still red and puffy from sobbing and stung to keep them open so he decided to keep them shut and fiddle with the pendent for some form of comfort, Sungmin was about to try again by Siwon placed his hand on Sungmins shoulder and shook his head “I think its best we let him be for now… out of all of us… no… all of our sadness put together wouldn’t compare to the sorrow Yesung is drowning in now… and the worst thing is… there is nothing we can do to save him… he has to heal by himself” Sungmin nodded understanding what Siwon was saying completely.

 

Eventually they decided to make Kimchi with Fried rice, Simple but Ryeowook favourite, Siwon was in the process of dishing out everyone food in to plastic bowls when Leeteuk came back in, Sungmin looked at Leeteuk and sighed in relief “What took you so long? You had me worried” Sungmin said as he stood up and walked to Leeteuk with a bowl of Kimchi fried rice “Sorry about that but they are all set up now” Leeteuk smiled as he took the bowl but Sungmin frowned again looking behind Leeteuk

“Where is Eunhyuk?” Leeteuk also looked over his shoulder

“He said he would be in, in a bit I think he is enjoying the last of peace while it lasted” Leeteuk smiled and walked with Sungmin to the mini portable stove that everyone was sat around, Kyuhyun had come from the bell tower and was sat next to Yesung and opposite them two was Siwon and Donghae, Sungmin sat next to Kyuhyun and Leeteuk sat next to Siwon.

They ate their food in silence for the first minute until that silence broken by a horrific, ear piercing, high-pitched scream coming from outside the church, all the members froze and looked at each other with wide eyes, without realizing Leeteuk and Donghae both dropped their food as their heart stopped, everyone’s breath was either really fast or not at all, finally Leeteuk looked at Donghae and Donghae looked at Leeteuk both with wide eyes shaking their head slightly “No… Please tell me that I was hearing things” Donghae voice was hoarse as he spoke, he didn’t want to believe that, that scream had come from his lover but the look from the leader said otherwise.

Donghae and Le

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter