The Night That Determine Everything

Love me like I love you

Hyukjae had sat there for 45 minutes.  In front of him, there was Tiffany.  He had plans to take Tiffany with him to meet Donghae today.  He knew that was very awful and made him be a jerk, but he didn’t care.  The only thing that he cared now was he freed from Donghae.  He wanted to free from this mixed feeling.  He was afraid, if he kept being with Donghae, he did not only hurt Donghae’s feeling  but also his own feeling. 

“Oppa…”  Tiffany called Hyukjae.  Again.  She tried for several times but Hyukjae still remained silent.  It made Tiffany annoyed, so she kicked Hyukjae’s leg. 

“Aww!  Yah, Fany-ah!!  What’s that for??”  Hyukjae screamed while rubbing his left leg.  His eyes were glaring at Tiffany angrily.

Tiffany smirked.  “That’s a punishment for ignoring me after you asked me out.”  Tiffany placed both of his hands on the table and used them for resting her chin.  “Oppa…tell me, what’s wrong?  Do you have any problems?”

Hyukjae bit his bottom lip.  He wasn’t sure how to answer that question.  Problems?  Is Donghae a problem?  Hyukjae never considered Donghae as problem before, but now…

“Oppa, you’re spacing out again…” 

“Sorry…”  Hyukjae mumbled.  He felt really sorry to Tiffany.  She didn’t know anything but he dragged her into this matter.

“Seriously, oppa…you’re not being yourself lately…do you have problem with your work?”

Hyukjae shook his head.  “No…”

“Your family?”

“No…”

“Super Junior?”

“No…I don’t have any problems with them…”

“I’m pretty sure it’s not about a girl…because I know you’re not that kind of man…”

Hyukjae nodded his head.  “Yeah, it’s not about a girl too…”

Tiffany sighed, annoyed.  She was about to nag at Hyukjae when one name suddeny was appearing in her head.  She looked at Hyukjae intensely, made Hyukjae startled.

“Wh—Why?”

“Is it about…Donghae oppa?”

Hyukjae’s eyes widened.  His gesture started to reflect that he was in panic.  It made Tiffany smiled instantly.

“I hit a jackpot, huh?”  Tiffany asked with a mocking tone.

Hyukjae let out a heavy breath.  “Yeah, you’re right, Fany…It’s about him.”

“Why?  Do you guys have a fight?”

“I can’t tell you, Fany…It’s secret…But, can you help me?”

Tiffany frowned, but she still nodded.  “Of course.  What can I do for you?”

“I’m going to meet Donghae...can you join us?  You don’t need to say anything…just follow my lead.”

Tiffany looked at Hyukjae confusedly.  Why she had to join their meeting?  But seeing how desperate Hyukjae right now, she reluctantly nodded her head without asking anymore.

***

Donghae was ready.  Like their previous—failed—date, he and Hyukjae would have dinner location.  This time, Hyukjae chose different place.  It’s a little bit far from their dorm.  And this time, he decided to not trouble Junghoon anymore.  He would take a taxi to drive him to his date location.  Marina Café.  It was almost at the outskirt.  Maybe that café was the safest and also the most dangerous place for them to date.  It was safe because there wasn’t many people know that café, and it was dangerous because the surrounding was so damn deserted.

It took thirty minutes for Donghae to get that café.  After he paid his bill, he got down and took a deep breath.  He was scared, to be honest.  This place was so deserted, and when he took a look the café, his heart was beating fast.  No one was there except the waiters.  And the waiters’ faces are not really friendly. 

After he sat, a waiter approached him.  “This is the menu, Sir…call me if you’re ready to order.” 

“O-Okay…”  Donghae stuttered.  He wasn’t comfortable at all.  He kept praying Hyukjae would come soon.

‘Where the hell Hyukjae knew this café from?  This café is so creepy…’

Donghae scanned the menu, and he smiled when he found what he was looking for.  He called the waiter, and the waiter wrote down his order lazily. 

“I want one chocolate milkshake, one strawberry milkshake, and one spaghetti.”  Donghae tent to eat first before Hyukjae came.  He was so hungry and he thought Hyukjae wouldn’t mind if he ate first.

After 15 minutes, his order came and he started to eat happily without knowing that someone was observing him and his lips when he saw Donghae was slurping the spaghetti.

***

Hyukjae was still at the same place with Tiffany.  He eyed his watch.  It was 45 minutes pass from his dating time, but he still didn’t leave to meet Donghae.  Yeah, he hesitated to do the plan, suddenly.  He was afraid Donghae would get angry at him, suddenly.  He didn’t want Donghae hate him, suddenly.

“Oppa…when will we go to meet Donghae oppa?”

“Eung? Ah…that’s…emm…”

“Oppa…actually, I have a date today with someone…I have already postponed my date until at 8 because I wanna help you first.  And now, it was already at 7.45.  I’m sorry…I have to go oppa…”

“You have a date?  With Nickhun?”

Tiffany’s cheeks blushed.  “No!  Nickhun oppa and I are best friend.  We only hang out together sometimes.”

“But best friend can turn into a lover, you know…”

“Yeah, like you and Donghae oppa…”

Hyukjae shocked.  He looked Tiffany in horror. 

“I’m joking oppa…there’s no way you and Donghae oppa together.  He’s too good for a playboy like you…”  Tiffany stuck his tongue out.

“Yah!  YOU!”

“Bye, oppa…!  Good luck!  I hope your problem with Donghae oppa settled down soon!”  Tiffany ran to the door while laughing.  Before he left, he turned around then said, “But actually, you and Donghae oppa are very adorable when you two are together…Eunhae, right?  Eunhae hwaiting!”

Hyukjae stunned with Tiffany’s last sentence.  Is it true that he and Donghae look good together?  Why he never thought about that before?

Hyukjae sighed for countless time then looked at his watch again.  One hour.  He was already left Donghae alone there for one hour.  It was like a de javu.  They had a date, and he didn’t come.  Last date, he finally came because he was worried.  But this time, he restrained himself to not come.  Maybe Donghae would be angry and they got into a big fight, then Donghae would ask to break up with him.

Break up?  Did he really want to break up with Donghae?

***

Donghae was tapping the café table while humming a song to shoo his boredom.  It was 9 PM and Hyukjae still didn’t come.  Donghae stopped his activity then eyed his watch for 15th time.  He sighed.  “He late again…”

He leaned on his chair.  Slowly, he closed his eyes.  This date was Hyukjae who asked him.  But, why he was the one who had to wait?  He was angry.  But he knew, once he met Hyukjae, his anger would evaporate.

“I’m really stupid…”  Donghae mumbled sadly.  “I should call Hyukjae…but…No…I don’t want to call him…maybe he is on the way now…My call will disturb him.”

Donghae looked at his surroundings.  He shivered when he couldn’t see any human or transportation out there.  Plus, it was really dark.  He saw the waiters started to clean the café.  It means, they would close the cafe soon.  Should  he go home?

“Hyukjae…Why do you lie to me again?”  Donghae said with a very soft and crack voice, tried his best to not cry.  Again.

***

“What???  You meet Hyukjae hyung at SM café 15 minutes a go?”  Kyuhyun shouted at a girl in front of him.  He met her accidentally when he stopped at minimarket to buy some drinks.

“Yes, Kyuhyun oppa…why are you shouting?”  the girl, Tiffany closed both of her ears.

“I’m sorry…thank you, Tiffany…I have to go now…”

He left Tiffany and run to his car.  Once he sat on the driver seat, he fished out his mobile phone and started to call Sungmin.

“Hello—”

“Hyung!  Is Donghae hyung there?”

“No…why—”

“Can you check him whether he is home or not?”

“Okay…wait a minute.”

“Don’t hang up my call…”

“Okay…”

After several minutes, Sungmin’s voice was heard again.  “Kyu…he is not home yet…he has a date with Hyukjae, right?  Maybe he’s with Hyukjae now…Don’t worry and go—”

“Hyung, I have to find Donghae hyung!  Do you know where he have a date?”

“Kyu…”

“Hyung!!  Please!!”

“Marina café.”

“Thank you, hyung!”

Kyuhyung hung up his phone.  He typed Marina café at his GPS then started to drive there with his right hand, while his left hand started to typed Donghae’s number.

“Hyung…please pick up my call…Hyung…”

***

Kyuhyun is calling….

“Oh?  Kyu?”  Donghae picked his phone then said with a fake happy voice.  “Hello, Kyu!!  What’s up??”

“Hyung…Hyukjae hyung would come to meet you.”

“Eung?”

“He was so busy, Hyung…He couldn’t meet you tonight…”

Donghae smiled sadly.  “I knew it.  Thank you, Kyu for telling me…I’m going home now…”

“Hyung…I will go to there to pick you…”

“You don’t need to do that, Kyu…I can go home by myself…”  Donghae stood up, walked to the cashier and paid for his order. 

“But, Hyung…it was almost midnight, and I know there will be no public transportation there…I’m on my way, Hyung…wait me…”

Donghae walked out from the café.  He walked to the road tried to look for taxi, but he found nothing. 

“Kyu…I can go home alone…I’m not baby…”  Donghae started to walk along pedestrian mindlessly. 

“Hyung…”

Donghae didn’t answer this time.  He felt something strange.  He felt like someone was following him.  He turned his head and saw a man with black coat was standing behind him.  His hand was holding a bottle. 

“Hyung…are you still there?”

“Ye-yeah, Kyu…”

“Hyung, are you okay??”

Donghae’s legs weakened when he saw that man start to approach him.  Although it was dark, he could see that man was smirking evilly. 

“Lee Donghae…Finally I meet you…”  that man said with hoarse voice.  It was enough to make Donghae shivered.  He remembered the last time he felt like this is when he was robbed after he told Hyukjae about his feeling.  That was an awful memory.  Now, it happened again.

“Why are you just standing there, Donghae-ssi?  Why you don’t start running or screaming?  You’re not fun…”

Donghae was very scared until he couldn’t do anything.  His tears started to fall heavily.  He didn’t even hear Kyuhyung called his name for many times.  “A-ahjussi…you must be drunk…”

“I’m not!!  If I’m drunk, I won’t be able to recognize you, my baby…”  that man talked again.  His steps was closer, and Donghae still couldn’t move.  He could only take one step backward. 

“Please, don’t come closer…please…”  His voice was shaking.  Without him knowing, his mobile phone fell from his hand. 

Donghae gulped.  His legs couldn’t support his body anymore.  He collapsed.  He was so afraid.  And when that man finally approached Donghae, Donghae screamed.

***

PRAAANG!!!

Hyukjae surprised.  The glass that he was holding suddenly slipped from his hand.  He touched his chest.  He felt an uneasy feeling. 

“What happened?”  He mumbled.  “Is there something bad happen to my family?”

Hyukjae called his sister to ask what they were doing and she answered happily that they were watching television.  So, Hyukjae hung up the phone and sighed in relief.  But oddly, that uneasy feeling was still there.

“What is this?”  He gripped his T-Shirt tightly.  He tried to shoo that feeling but it was useless.  He sat down to calm himself, but suddenly he stood up. 

“Donghae?”

He didn’t whether his feeling correct or not, but he ran to his car and drive his car to find Donghae.

“Donghae…please be okay…”

 

-tobecontinued-

 

Do you miss this story?  I’m sorry for abandoning this story for a long time…but at least, I’m back! Hehehe…n_n;;

I give you choices this time…who do you guys want to find Donghae first?  Kyuhyun?  Hyukjae?  Or…no one?  *Don’t choose the last choice please*

Warning!!  Your choice determines the plot of this story and maybe the ending!  Choose carefully…:*

Good night all~~

 

NB : I want to make a poster for this fic...can you help me? hehehe...