Smell of War

Love me like I love you

Hyukjae shook his head repeatedly.  He tried to shove his thought about he, Lee Hyukjae, had fell in love with Donghae.  His mind was so messed up right now.  He couldn’t think cool like usual.  He didn’t know what he supposed to do after this.  Can he still face Donghae?  Can he still talk to Donghae like usual?  He wanted everything’s back to normal, like before he knew that Donghae fell in love with him.

Why?  Why he should love me?

Why he should be that weak and so damn pathetic when I left him that night?

Why he should be sick?

Why Heechul hyung should care about that kid too much?

Why Heechul hyung…Why???

Heechul hyung…I clearly remembered our agreement, Hyung…I have tried my best but it is so damn hard…

Can I end this faster than our agreement, Hyung?

I have to end all of these crazy things before everything is too late.

I can’t fall in love with him and he have to stop loving me…

***

Kyuhyun didn’t tear his gaze from Donghae on their way to KBS’s building for recording Music Bank.  His forehead frowned everytime he saw Donghae clenched his eyes tightly, as if tried to endure his pain.

“Hyung, are you okay?”

Donghae just nodded his head without looking at Kyuhyun.  “I’m okay, Kyu…don’t worry.”

“But you’re very pale, Hyung…”

Donghae smiled then he turned his head to face Kyuhyun.

“I’m a little bit dizzy.  I wanna sleep for awhile.”  Donghae said while leaning his head to Kyuhyun’s shoulder.  Kyuhyun nodded his head as reply even though Donghae couldn’t see that.

Leeteuk who sat beside Kyuhyun watched his beloved little brother worriedly. He knew very well that Donghae was very tired.  Actually, he had predicted Donghae’s condition would drop in no time.

“Let him sleep…you guys also need to rest.”  Leeteuk said to the other members.

“Hyung…Have Hyukjae called you?”  Sungmin asked to Leeteuk.

“Not yet…”

“Does he know Donghae’s condition?”  Siwon was the one who asked this time.

Leeteuk sighed.  “Donghae forbids me to tell Hyukjae…”

Kyuhyun shook his head in disbelief.  “Why?  He should know that Donghae hyung’s like this because of him!”

“What are you saying, Kyu?  It has nothing to do with Hyukjae.  Donghae is just tired.  Don’t blame Hyukjae.  Donghae won’t be happy if he heard that.”  Sungmin defended Hyukjae. 

Kyuhyun scoffed.  “You know nothing, Hyung.”

***

Donghae was sleeping again in the waiting room while the others were busy preparing to enter the studio for pre-recording. 

“Where’s Hyukjae?”

“He hasn’t come yet?”

“We will start in no time!”

 “Aissh…that kid!  I will punish him later!”

“Siwon-ah!  Call him!”

“I’m here…”  suddenly, in the middle of chaos, Hyukjae entered the waiting room. 

“Ya~Lee Hyukjae!!” All of them shouted at him in unison.  Somehow, it made Donghae woke up from his slumber.  He rubbed his eyes for several times then smiled widely when he saw Hyukjae.

“Hyukkie…”

Hyukjae glanced at Donghae for a second then he went to one chair on that room, ignoring Donghae.  “Noona…I’m ready…”

While the coordi noona put make up on him, Donghae watched him silently.  He missed Hyukjae.  Yeah, he only didn’t see his face for several hours, but the fact that they fought before they separated make Donghae missed him more.  He wanted to make up with Hyukjae now, but he held it.  He had to wait until they’re back to the dorm.

Donghae was too busy in his own thought until he didn’t realize that Hyukjae was done and they had to enter the stage.  Kyuhyun sighed.  He walked to Donghae and patted his shoulder softly.

“Hyung…”

Donghae flinched.  He turned his head to Kyuhyun quickly.  “Ye-yeah?”

“It’s the time, Hyung…let’s go…”

Donghae looked at his surroundings.  There was no one.  Donghae nodded.  He stood up slowly while massaging his temple. 

“Hyung…dizzy?”  Kyuhyun helped Donghae massaging his temple. 

“It’s okay, Kyu…”

“You wanna drink?”

“No, thank you…”  Donghae said while smiling.

Donghae took his first step but he swayed slightly. 

“Hyung!”  Kyuhyun grabbed Donghae’s waist swiftly. 

“Ah, Kyu…I’m—”

“Don’t say you’re okay!  You’re clearly not okay!”

Donghae was about to reply Kyuhyun when suddenly the door was opened.  Leeteuk’s head peeked from behind the door. 

“What are—”  Leeteuk stopped when he saw them.  He knew immediately that Donghae wasn’t good.  He entered the room as his eyes kept focusing on Donghae worriedly. 

“Donghae-ah…your physic is very weak…You’re better not performing with us.  I’ll talk to the PD…”  Leeteuk rubbed Donghae’s back.

Donghae smiled.  “Hyung…Kyu…I’m really okay…If I can’t hold on anymore, I’ll let you guys know…” He muttered softly.  “Now, let’s go…we can’t make ELF wait too long…”

Leeteuk and Kyuhyun exchanged glances then sighed in defeat. 

“Promise me, Hyung.  If you feel you no longer be able to withstand your body, you have to let me know.”

“I promise.”

Then, three of them went to stage to perform for ELF.

During the recording ran, Donghae felt his body was weaker and weaker.  Besides that, Hyukjae’s ignorance to him somehow made his body worst.  He tried to have eye contacts with Hyukjae several times, but he always avoided them.  Now, the only think in Donghae’s mind is for the sake of s and ELF who were cheering for him, he had to be strong ‘til the end of recording.

First pre recording finished.  Now they had to do the second recording.  They did that without giving them time to rest.  They even didn’t have time to just drink plain water. 

Donghae couldn’t hold anymore.  His headache was getting worst and he wanted to faint.  When the part he had to face each other with Kyuhyun, he looked at Kyuhyun’s eyes with his frowning head, the sign that he was trying to bear with his headache. 

Kyuhyun startled.  Donghae was gripping both of his shoulders and bowing his head.  He wanted to grab Donghae’s body but Donghae had leaved him for next movements.

After two minutes, finally the recording was done.  The PD gave them signal ‘okay’.  Donghae let out a relief breath.  Little did he know, not only him, but the other members and ELF also did the same thing.  They relieved that the recording was done so Donghae could rest.  Even though Donghae tried to hide his pain, but ELF’s eyes couldn’t be fooled.  They knew that there’s something wrong with Donghae from the start only by looking at his eyes.  His eyes didn’t sparkle as usual.  Unfortunately, when all of people knew that Donghae was sick, Hyukjae was still obliviuous with Donghae’s current condition.  He kept being an ignorant Hyukjae. 

They were back to the waiting room.  They had to wait until the announcement of this week winner.  Kyuhyun stayed near Donghae.  His left hand was around Donghae’s waist to prevent him from falling, while Hyukjae was walking behind them, eyeing them closely.  His face showed that he was unhappy with Kyuhyun’s act toward Donghae.

“Hae!”  Hyukjae palmed his mouth.  He didn’t know why Donghae’s name slipped out from his mouth.

Donghae and Kyuhyun turned their heads.  “Hyukkie…you… just…called me?”  Donghae looked at Hyukjae in disbelief.  He was happy but confused at the same time.

Hyukjae didn’t have any choice.  He said without looking at Donghae, “I wanted to talk to you…” 

 

***

I know it’s short…but I think it’s better than I don’t update, right? Hehehe…the next chapter will come out as soon as possible.  Maybe tomorrow or the day after tomorrow…

So…comments? 

Do you miss this story? n___n;;

I bet everyone now knows who’s the third party…hehehehe…he’s my second favorite pairing and sometimes almost replace Eunhae.  But my Eunhae’s feeling always be stronger…XD

This is my twitter account..you can follow me and mention me to just have chats with or even force me update when I didn’t update too long.  I’m a lazy girl, you know…n__n;; sorry…

@eunhaeternalove