I Care...!

Love me like I love you

The next morning in 11th floor dorm

Hyukjae opened his eyes heavily.  He slept very late last night.  At the moment he could fully regain his consciousnes, the first thing snapped into his mind is Donghae.  He frowned when he realized that his hand no longer holding Donghae's waist.  Where is he?  He should be still sleeping beside him right now considering he was sick.

Hyukjae sat on his bed and rubbed his eyes several times.  His thought was driving to Donghae.  Suddenly, he felt that he really needed to see his face right now just to make sure he was okay.  He was about to get out from his room when suddenly his eyes caught a piece of paper patched on his mirror.  That was from Donghae.

Morning Hyukkie,

I have to go for my schedule...I have prepared your breakfast on the table.  I hope Donghee hyung keep his promise to not eat that.  Hehehe...

I'm sorry I didn't wake you and I'm sorry I can't deliver you lunch today...my schedule is so tight :(...see you tonight, Hyukkie..:D

P.S I love you...

Hyukjae's lips formed a little smile as he was reading that letter.  But that smile disappeared instantly when he read the words 'my schedule is tight'.

His schedule is tight?  But he is still sick...

He folded and put that letter neatly in his drawer.  His handsome face was showing his worry about Donghae's condition.  He was afraid that donghae would be fainted at his schedule.

Should I catch him up?  But...no...it will be too much...maybe I should call him later..after breakfast..

Hyukjae came out from his room.  He went to the bathroom to wash his face and brush his teeth.  After he finished, he walked to the dining room to join the other members who were still busy eating their breakfast. 

"Morning..." Hyukjae greeted everyone in that room.

"Morning, hyung..." The first reply that he got was from Ryeowook, then he went to the kitchen.  The other members, such as Sungmin, Kyuhyun, Shindong, and Yesung were still munching their foods, so they just waved their hands to Hyukjae.

“Here’s your breakfast, hyung…”  said Ryeowook who just came back from kitchen.  He was bringing a plate of fried rice with fried egg on top of it.  “It’s from Donghae hyung…You better eat it before it was cold, hyung…”  Ryeowook said as he placed the plate on the table right in front of Hyukjae.

“Thank you, Ryeowook-ah…”  muttered Hyukjae.  He started to spoon his fried rice.  He smiled slightly after he tasted that fried rice.  “He’s getting better at his cooking…”  Hyukjae mumbled softly without realizing that the others also could hear what he said.

Kyuhyun let out a loud sigh.  “You’re so lucky to have him as your lover, hyung…”  He spoke his thought with a jealous tone and the other members nodded in agreement. 

Hyukjae raised his eyebrows.  “You mean…Donghae?”

“Who else??  Do you have another lover except Donghae?”  Kyuhyun snapped out.

Hyukjae huffed at Kyuhyun’s sarcasm tone.  But he chose to not respond Kyuhyun’s words.  Instead, he continued his eating silently.

“Hyukjae-ah…You do know that Donghae isn’t really well these days, right?”  Sungmin asked in serious tone.

Hyukjae stopped munching his food then looked at Sungmin.  “Yes…I do know, hyung…Last night also his fever was pretty high…” 

“You’re not worried?”

“Of course I’m worried, hyung…Do you really need to ask about that?”  Hyukjae started to get annoyed. 

“I’m just asking, hyuk…Because you don’t seem really care about him—”

“Hyung!  Please!! Stop accusing me not caring about him!”

Sungmin’s mouth gapped in shock.  He didn’t expect Hyukjae would snap at him like that.  “O-okay…”

“I know I lack of concern about him lately!  I even don’t know he often gets light fever these days!  But it doesn’t mean I don’t care about him!  I care about him, hyung!!  He’s my best friend!”

Sungmin, Kyuhyun, Ryeowook, Yesung and Shindong looked very surprised.  It was the first time Hyukjae shouted at his hyung like that.  Usually, he only does that behavior at his friends or his dongsaeng. 

“I-I understand, Hyuk…You don’t need to shout at me like that…” Sungmin stuttered and his voice is a little bit shaking.

“Calm down. Hyuk…it’s so not you…” Shindong who’s staying quietly all this time finally spoke up.

Hyukjae realized his mistake.  He bowed his head then said ‘sorry’ to Sungmin in low voice.  Sungmin sighed in relief then tapped his shoulder and muttered ‘it’s okay’.

“Donghae hyung…looked so pale today.  His breathing wasn’t as steady as usual.  He couldn’t even stand more than two minutes.  I wonder how he will through his schedule today…”  Suddenly Ryeowook uttered softly while looking at his food sadly. 

Yesung took a deep breath.  He put his spoon and stopped eating.  He eyed Hyukjae with his sharp eyes then spoke firmly, “You need to talk to Leeteuk hyung about Donghae’s condition.  Maybe he can talk to manager to reduce his schedule…”

“Yes, hyung…Yesung hyung is right.”  Kyuhyun spoke.  “I think, beside Leeteuk hyung, Donghae hyung is the busiest member these days…He has to film his drama and join our album’s promotion.  Different from Siwon hyung, Donghae hyung never misses even a single performance.  He always tries his best to join us though he is very exhausted.  Seeing him like that, my heart is ached…He really need rest…”

“If we’re the one who tell him, he won’t listen…but if it’s you or leeteuk hyung, I’m sure he will listen…”  Sungmin also added Kyuhyun’s statement.

Hyukjae digested all of his brothers’ words in his mind.  Yeah, they are right.  Donghae is too busy since they started promoting their sixth album.  Beside his filming drama and promotion, Donghae still has to write lyrics and compose them for their repackage album and also for his drama’s soundtrack.  If he has any time to rest, he will choose to spend it at Hyukjae’s needing.  Preparing his clothes, his food, and even preparing Hyukjae’s bath sometimes.  And if he comes home before Hyukjae, he will wait until the later go home then he finally can sleep.  That’s why maybe Donghae lacks of sleeping.  And maybe that’s the reason why Donghae is so easily getting sick.  His immune system is weak because he is too tired and not to mention, he’s in the middle of diet.

“Hyukjae-ah…Hyukjae-ah…Hyukjae-ah…Yaaa~~  are you listening to us?!”  Yesung’s voice woke Hyukjae from his daydreaming. 

“Yes, I’m listening, hyung…and yes, I will talk to Leeteuk hyung to reduce Donghae’s schedules. then I will talk personally to Donghae to make him rest and stop preparing everything for me when he actually can get rest.”

************

Donghae’s filming location

Donghae rested his back on the one of bench at there.  His head was hanging freely facing the sky.  He closed his eyes slowly to rest his mind.  Since he woke up this morning, his head was pounding like crazy.  And it hurt him badly.  He couldn’t focus in anything include his filming.  Luckily, he didn’t need to repeat too many scenes today.  Thanks to Jinhyuk who always did improvisations to help him covering his mistakes. 

“Donghae-ah…are you okay?”

Donghae opened his eyes.  He found Jinhyuk’s face was on top of him, watching him with worried expression.  “Hyung…” he whispered softly then closed his eyes again.

Jinhyuk frowned then touched Donghae’s forehead.  His eyes widened.  “Donghae, you’re burning!  I’ll tell to your manager!”

“Hyung, don’t…”  He grabbed Jinhyuk’s hand immediately.  He tried to open his eyes again then said, “I’m okay, hyung…don’t tell him anything…”

“But…”

“I don’t wanna ruin today’s filming, hyung…the filming is almost done, right?”

“OKAY!!  EVERYONE LISTENS!!  After I discussed with my main staffs, I decided to add some scenes today…so, we will do filming until midnight!  For Donghae…I’ve already talked to your manager, and he said you don’t have any schedules, so I think it is no problem for you…okay?”  Suddenly, the director’s voice hit Donghae and Jinhyuk’s ears. 

Donghae sighed resignedly.  “Okay, hyung!”  He replied the director while showing his right thumb.

Jinhyuk watched Donghae in disbelief.  He was about to protest but Donghae hold his hand tightly.  “Please don’t make yourself into trouble, hyung….I’m fine…okay?”  Donghae showed his pleading eyes that can melt everyone’s heart.

“Haissshh…Don’t look at me with those eyes!!  I don’t buy it this time!  I will tell to director—”

“Hyuuuunggg….”  Donghae started whining. 

Jinhyuk groaned in frustration.  Donghae’s pleading eyes and cute whining are something that he can’t resist.  “Arraseo…arraseo…but, if I know you’re getting worse, I’ll talk to your manager immediately.  Deal?”

Donghae smiled brightly even though his face is still pale.  “Arraseo, hyung…thank you!”

“Now, let go of my hand and stop looking at me like that, you rascal!”

Donghae let Jinhyuk’s hand go then smile at him.  Jinhyuk shook his head then left Donghae to go to his coordi.

After Jinhyuk left, Donghae leaned his back again then he took a mirror on the table beside him.  He blew his bangs then pouted slightly.  His face indeed looked pale.

“Aissh…I will get nagging from that stylist noona, again…”

*************

12th floor dorm

11.30 AM

“Is Donghae home?”  Hyukjae asked immediately after he entered the dorm.  He only found Kangin who was watching television.

“Nope…he’s still filming, Hyuk…He called me and Leeteuk earlier…”  replied him without looking at Hyukjae.

Hyukjae slammed his body on the sofa beside Kangin.  He ruffled his hair annoyed.  Donghae called Kangin and Leeteuk but not called him?  Hyukjae folded his arms around his chest, looking at Kangin with his piercing eyes.

“Hyung…why did he call you but he didn’t call me?”

Kangin turned his head to Hyukjae.  “I don’t know…maybe he thinks you—”

“Yaa~~!!!  Don’t dare to mention that I don’t care about him!!  I’m so sick listening you guys saying I don’t care about Donghae!!  I CARE ABOUT HIM, KIM YOUNGWOON!!  I CARE!!”

Kangin blinked his eyes several times.  He was shocked with Hyukjae’s over reaction.  He didn’t even finish his sentence.  After he recovered from the shock, Kangin felt really angry at Hyukjae.

“LEE HYUKJAE!!  How dare you to speak informal to me like that!!  You don’t even call me ‘hyung’??  You want to die, huh??!!”

“It’s because you accused me not caring about Donghae, hyung!!”

“When did I say like that??!!  I didn’t even finish my sentence, you’ve already cut it!!”

Hyukjae gasped.  Yes…Kangin never say that he doesn’t care about Donghae.  It’s only Hyukjae’s assuming because his mind was bothered by Sungmin’s words since this morning.

“Hyung…I…I’m sorry…”

“AISSSHHH!!!!  You better disappear from my sight before I punch you for shouting at me!!”

“Hyung…”

“ONE….”

“Sorry, Hyung…I—”

“TWO….”

“I didn’t mean to—”

“THREE!!!”

“I’ll GO!!!”

Hyukjae stormed out from the dorm before Kangin really punched his face.  He panted heavily when he was out of the dorm.  He rubbed his chest repeatedly to calm himself. 

“I almost died…”  He muttered to himself then walked away leaving the dorm.

 

********

 

Donghae’s filming location

12.15 AM

After debating with himself, Hyukjae finally decided to follow Donghae at his filming location.  He called Junghoon—the manager who stayed with Donghae—to ask where the location.  And when he had arrived, he inhaled and exhaled the oxygen for many times before he finally had enough courage to get out from his car.

“It’s just Lee Donghae, Hyukjae…Why are you so nervous?” He spoke to himself.

He walked slowly to the location.  The filming was in break now.  So he could easily approach Donghae without disturb the filming.  Before he went to Donghae, he went to Junghoon first to tell him that he was here.

“Hyung…”  called him as he tapped Junghoon’s shoulder.

Junghoon was surprised when he saw Hyukjae was already standing behind him showing his gummy smile.

“Why are you here?”

“Do you still need to ask?” 

“Aissh….yes…why I still ask you…Of course you come here to fetch your fishy…”

Hyukjae blushed hearing ‘your fishy’.  “Whatever, hyung…When will the filming finish?”  He tried to keep his cool.

“Maybe one or two hours…”

“Aissh…why so long?!”  Hyukjae nagged in low voice. 

He watched Donghae was leaning his head against the table.  He could feel that Donghae was holding his pain right now.  Although his face was covering with make-up, but Hyukjae couldn’t be fooled.  He knew Donghae’s ill was getting worse.  Plus, he didn’t wear any jacket to cover his body.

“Why he didn’t wear jacket, hyung?”

“Because the director said so…”

“Hyung…you know he’s sick, right?”

“Yes, I know…but he had already drunk his medicine…he’ll be okay…beside, he also said he is okay…”

“Ck…you should know him better, hyung…”

“What?”

Hyukjae didn’t reply again.  He was focusing his eyes to Donghae.  His eyes widened when he saw Donghae was leaning his head on Jinhyuk’s shoulder.  Jinhyuk smiled at Donghae lovingly.  Then, he Donghae’s head gently.  Hyukjae was feeling so upset suddenly. Especially when he saw Donghae was very comfortable with Jinhyuk.

“Junghoon Hyung…are they always like that?”  Hyukjae asked with flat tone.

Junghoon could sense Hyukjae’s anger just by hearing his voice.  He cleared his throat then spoke tentatively, “They…eungg…their relationship is just like hyung-dongsaeng, Hyuk…”

“I didn’t ask their relationship…I asked, are they always like that?”  Hyukjae repeated his question.  This time is with sterner tone.

“Ye…yes…but it’s nothing, Hyuk…they are—Yaa~ Hyukjae-ah…where are you going?? Yaa~!”  Junghoon called Hyukjae panicly.  He tried to keep his voice on low tone in order to not make Donghae knew that his boyfriend was here.

“Aiishhh…that monkey…why is he jealous with Jinhyuk? Jinhyuk was already had girlfriend…”

 

*******

Hyukjae was driving back to the dorm with furious feeling.  He was upset.  But he couldn’t understand why he was upset.  He just knew that he didn’t like Donghae acted so close with that Jinhyuk guy!

What the hell was he doing??

Why he leaned his head comfortably on that man’s shoulder??

Aiissshhh….he said he loves me, but why does he always behave like that??  Not only at the other members but also at stranger??  He’s too much!

I’m worried about him for nothing!!  I shouldn’t worry about him when he was busy flirting with another man!

...........................

............................

..............................

...............................

Wait…

............................

Why am I upset??

.................................

Why am I angry??

..............................

Am I….jealous?

.............................................

***************

 

see you on the next chapter...

any comments?