Drunk on Sleep

Me & My Honey

 

"Do you think he can be a rapper?" Seunghyun asked, adjusting the pillow under you head as he glanced back at Seungsuk's crib. "Does it really run in one's blood?"

Maybe. I bet he could be. Why? Should he follow on your footsteps?

"Imagine that," Seunghyun laughed, rubbing your arms to warm you up. "What would his stage name be? Would they try to make it Mark?"

Ahaha, Mark. You loser.

"That would be nice, though," Seunghyun murmured. "I wouldn't mind him becoming a rapper. We could protect him."

We could. Hmm. 

"Do you remember what happened later that week? Right at the end of the first month?" Seunghyun asked, his voice dropping do a whisper. 

I remember. Why wouldn't I remember? It was you the one that was drunk. Alright, we both were.


 

"Why do you need a house so big?" you asked, tipping the bottle back into your lips and sprawling down on the floor. 

"Why wouldn't I?" Seunghyun asked, swaying slightly from side to side. "It's a trick."

"What sort of trick?" you asked, sitting up again and looking across the coffee table at him. 

"It's so big," Seunghyun whispered, leaning forward. "That sometimes, I can pretend there's someone else living here."

"It really works?" you asked, blinking rapidly as you tried to focus on him. 

"Yeah," Seunghyun nodded, taking another drink before standing up and stumbling to your side, plopping down next to you. "Try it."

"Try what?" you whined, leaning your head back on the couch. 

"Pretend!" Seunghyun yelled, throwing away the empty bottle and grabbing another one from the table. 

"Okay," you nodded, setting your bottle down and closing your eyes. 

You cleared your mind slightly, thinking back to how big the place was. You remembered every single detail, pursing your lips and broke down the structure of the building. With a sigh you imagined yourself in a room, bringing up people that didn't exist and watching as they moved about the building. You smiled and opened your eyes, nodding at Seunghyun who was staring intently at you. 

"It works, right?" he asked, tipping the bottle into his lips again.

You kept your eyes on him, watching as his Adam's apple moved up and down when he gulped down the drink. He set it down and glanced over at you, throwing his arm around your shoulder before leaning his head back on the couch as well. You pulled your knees up, looking around at all his Be@rbricks curiously. You felt him pick up a drink again and turned to look at him again, frowning when you saw tears slipping out of the corner of his eyes. With a sigh, you pulled the bottle away from his hands and set it away. 

"Stop," you mumbled, wiping his tears. "You won't be able to stand tomorrow."

"Am I crying?" he asked, wiping his own eyes when you pulled your hand away. "Sorry."

"Don't say sorry," you mumbled, looking down. 

"Can we pretend again," Seunghyun asked, taking you by surprise when he dropped his free arm next to you, getting on his knees and pulling his arm away from your shoulder to place it firmly on your other side. "Please?"

"Pretend what?" you asked, keeping your eyes on his which were having trouble completely focusing on you. 

His head dropped to your shoulder, arms wrapping tightly around you, making you shiver involuntarily. Seunghyun didn't answer your question, and instead pressed the tip of his nose against your neck, breathing in deeply and whimpering slightly. You sighed and pulled one of your hands up to his hair, running your fingers through it soothingly. Seunghyun buried his face further into your neck, pressing his entire weight into your body. With a sigh you wrapped your free arm around his neck and held him close, not really caring that it was wrong. 

"Alright," you sighed. "But just for tonight, okay?"

"Okay," Seunghyun's voice was muffled, his cheek resting against your shoulder. 

"Yah, what are you? A baby?" you scowled, tugging on his hair slightly. 

"Tonight I am," he whispered, his nose running up and down the side of your neck. 

"Ah," you said, pursing your lips together tightly. 

You were both quiet, enjoying each other's warmth and company. When you shifted around he did as well, never losing contact with you for more than two seconds. At some point during the night, it was you the one on his lap, resting your head on his shoulder. Seunghyun pulled his knees up, holding you closer and wrapping his arms around you in a tight circle. 

What did circles symbolize again? Infinity? Would this embrace last that long? Seunghyun tilted his head up, and you traced his neck with your eyes, biting down on your bottom lip. He closed his eyes tightly, trying to find a way to tie you down and never let you go. He wasn't sure what the feelings stirring in his heart were, but he knew he didn't want to let them go. He reached for the bottle that was next to him and you frowned as you watch him take a few long gulps before throwing the empty bottle away. You squeaked when he dropped you, expecting your head to slam down on the cold floor. He chuckled and you met his eyes, heart speeding up when he used the hand behind your head to pull you up.

"What are you doing?" you managed to ask, your feet twisting together when he stopped pulling your head up midway and instead leaned down himself. 

"It feels funny," Seunghyun slurred, letting go of your head for second to pull one of your hands to his chest, pressing it against his heart. "What are you doing to me?"

"No-nothing," you stuttered, flinching at how quickly his heart was beating, noticing it was exactly what your heart did when he was around. These past few weeks during lunch, or dinner, you passed it off as him being a celebrity. You didn't mind labeling yourself as a superficial person as long as it explained it. 

"You don't feel it?" Seunghyun asked, furrowing his eyebrows. "Am I the only one again? Am I alone again?"

"Tabi," you whispered. "You're not alone. I'm right here."

"It's okay," Seunghyun sighed, dipping his head to press his forehead against yours. "One night is better than nothing, right?"

"Seunghyun-ah," you mumbled, slipping your hand from his chest to the back of his neck. "Don't... you..."

"Hmm?" Seunghyun murmured, opening his eyes to meet yours. 

"I feel funny too," you confessed, rolling your eyes at how stupid this was. Definitely not what you had imagined when the time came with whoever it was. 

"I think I like you," Seunghyun finally said, burying his face back into your neck. "And you can't stop me."

"We'll see," you sighed, wrapping both of your arms around his neck. 

"I should have confessed in a better way," Seunghyun laughed, resting his forehead on your pillow.

 


 

You did, don't you remember?

"Why did you say that anyway?" Seunghyun whined suddenly, lifting his head to smack your arm. "You could have just told me you did too."

I told you I felt funny as well! Your mind must not be working. Did you forget everything that happened? Were you that drunk? I'll tell the clear versions when I wake up. 

"We could have saved ourselves a lot of trouble."

Yah, stop being such a baby.

"Aish, you're not worth the trouble," Seunghyun scowled, using both of his hands to pinch your cheeks. "This is the only good thing of you being asleep, you can't slap me when I do this."

Just you wait, idiot. I'm keeping tabs on how many times you do it. 

"Hey," he stopped, pressing the tip of his nose against your cheek.

What?!

"I like you," Seunghyun chuckled, wrapping his arms around you carefully and giving you a quick hug.

As cheesy as always, Choi Seunghyun.

"Wake up?" he asked, his voice full of aegyo as he clung to your hand. "Please? Please?"

I'm trying, Tabi. I really am.

"If you don't wake up," Seunghyun said. "I'll take pictures of Seungsuk and post them on the internet!"

What kind of threat is that?

"Then everyone will use his beautiful face and claim him as their own son," Seunghyun said. "Do you want that, huh?!"

He's my son. Are you already trying to replace me with your VIPs?!

"Aigoo, imagine the headlines," Seunghyun said. "BIGBANG's TOP son, Choi Seungsuk."

Go eat ice cream and shut up. 

"There's already been news of him, you know?" Seunghyun said. "YG released a statement since people have been wondering where I am... We're not sure whether or not to reveal the news about you, though."

Ah, are you the one on maternity leave?

"I don't know," Seunghyun sighed, biting on his bottom lip. "We've been in the hospital for a month already. I don't know if I should finally take Seungsuk out into the world, or keep him here until you wake up."

Leave... It'll be lonely here.. but it's better if you go back home with him. It will be better if you move on, Seunghyun. 

"I want to be here," Seunghyun said. "I want to be here until you wake up, but the guys say it's not healthy. I can't... I can't see myself leaving you for even one day, though."

Listen to them. Take Seungsuk-ah out. He needs to go home eventually. 

"Plus," Seunghyun said. "How will I hush him at night when he misses you?"

Aren't you a father now? Find a way. 

"How will I hush myself down when I miss you?"

Such a big baby. 

"I wonder what it will take to wake you up," Seunghyun mumbled. "Should I do something shocking and stupid?"

Don't.

"Should I run into traffic?"

SEUNGHYUN!

"Wake up already, punk," Seunghyun scoffed, shoving you slightly. "I swear that if you don't wake up by the time I finish telling Seungsuk about us I'll leave you here alone."

Aigoo, so mean. 

"And we won't ever come back!"

We'll see about that. 

"Just wake up," Seunghyun sighed. "Wake up now. What kind of wife doesn't do what her husband says?"

You'll wake him up, idiot. Quiet down. 


 

You held your breath when you felt Seunghyun's lips against your neck, kissing it tenderly all over. Your arms tightened around his neck and you had the urge to push him away, but at the same time keep him close. You shook your head slightly at the internal battle. One side of you wanted to let Seunghyun continue, while the other one wanted to push him away, cancel your contract with Hyunsuk and flee the country. You didn't know if you had the energy for another heartbreak. 

"I really like you," Seunghyun murmured. "I do."

"I..." you hesitated before giving in. "I like you, too."

Seunghyun pressed his body further into yours, his kisses going up steadily until he reached your chin. You froze, taking a deep breath before opening your eyes to meet his. He smiled slightly before grabbing the back of your neck and pulling your head up, pressing a tender kiss into your lips. It was much different from the sloppy kiss you were expecting, and short lived. He pressed his lips against yours one more time before rolling off you and throwing his arm over his eyes. You sat up and looked down at him, smiling when you saw his lips tilted into a smile. After a second, his breathing went back to normal indicating that he was asleep. 

You looked around with heavy eyes, wondering what the best move will be. You could either leave and let him think it was all some sort of sick dream, or you could stay and face the awkward morning. As you were about to pull yourself to your feet, your hand brushed against his warm fingers. With a sigh you dropped back down and rested your cheek against his chest, closing your eyes. 

"It's too late," you mumbled, curling up around him. "Might as well enjoy the ride."