Chapter 9

That's Not My Name

 

Today is SHINee's comeback and I really want to see Onew perform but the only way I can go...is by lying of course. For the last three days I've been faking sick, for example pretending to puke or having bad headaches. Hopefully my plan will go well...

I knocked on Mrs. Hanna door nervously while preparing myself. Please work, please work I chanted in my head. Moments later Mrs. Hanna came to the door and I could already tell she wasn't happy. She was in her formal clothes like always and her hair was in a neat bun.

"What do you want?"

I sniffed before answering and made my voice sound as tired as possible. "For the last few days I've been feeling horrible. Can you please take me to the hospital?"

She studied my face then checked my forehead. Good thing I put a warm washcloth on my forehead before I came. She mumbled something about my temperature being high. I sniffed and nodded. "Be ready in thirty minutes"

After that she closed the door in my face and I almost screamed with joy. Omg I get to see Onew!! I was running back to finish my chores when I seen Yubin and I quickly pretended to be sick. When we passed each other she rolled her eyes and I pretended to cough.

~**~

Mrs. Hanna dropped me off at the hospital and told gave me the name of the doctor I was supposed to see. While we were driving I pretended I was sick so well she wanted to pull over, but I quickly told her I was fine. I thanked her again and she told me she would be back in two hours. I nodded then she drove off, I went into the hospital but came out when I knew she was gone.

I combed out my hair and fixed my clothing. I applied a little gloss to my lips and just make something stand out. Then I pulled out the address of the building Onew wanted me to go to. The place wasn't far and all I had to do was tell this guy my name and of course I got in easily.

My mouth dropped in awe as I seen the stage and other equipment. There were other fans with signs with idols names on it. Everyone was cheerful and excite. While trying to find a seat I bumped into someone.

"I'm so sorry" I muttered.

"It's fine" she smiled. Then when she got a better look at me her eyes almost popped out of her head. "Lee Ji-Eun?"

I quickly shook my head. "No, my name is.."

I quickly went through my brain trying to find a fake name. "My name is..Krystal!"

"I really thought you were Lee Ji-Eun I'm sorry anyway I'm Sunye"

Sunye had hair that was the same length of mine but it was red. Before it started we both sat by each other. Throughout the conversation she continued to ask was I somehow Lee Ji-Eun.

"So which group do you really want to see?" She asked.

What was the name of the group again. Was it Shine? Nope. "Oh yeah..SHINee. What about you?"

She blushed madly as when she told me SHINee then she went on about a guy name Taemin was she loved. After that I zoned out not really caring about other things she had to say. So I just nodded and smiled.

After a while everyone was filling up the building the lights went down and everyone light sticks were glowing. When Sunye noticed I didn't have one she handed me one. I thanked her and then the show began.

I was getting really anxious as many groups performed. I was amazed when the groups showed their talents and I was really enjoying myself. When SHINee came onto stage everything went quiet, and the lights went down.

Then suddenly the music came on and the crowd started chanting "SHINee's back!"

I grinned to myself when I spotted Onew. He still looked like the same Onew but he was a thousand times hotter on stage.

Sunye nudged my arm and pointed out this Taemin guy. He had long brown hair and he was a really good dancer. I watched as they all sung and danced in sync. I didn't even know it was possible to dance...so perfectly.

Throughout the entire performance of course my eyes were on him. At one point I swear we made eye contact and I think we did because he then smiled like a dork.

I felt Sunye nudge my shoulder again and she was giving me a look but I just shook it off. After SHINee performed I felt really happy and excited for some reason. I checked the time and I only had less than an hour left. I wish I could stay longer. I were the stage was then I decided maybe I should pay Onew a little visit.

I walked away until I found a way backstage because some people really think I'm Lee Ji-Eun so I got in with no problem. There were so many people walking and moving around I don't think I will find him. While looking for him I bumped into a few idols approached me but I quickly found a way to avoid them. I guess that's not a good reputation for the real Lee Ji-Eun.

I spotted Onew and four other guys. I'm guessing that's his group mates, they were all speaking to what look like their manager and he didn't look very nice. After they finished talking they all spilt up and I slowly followed behind Onew him.

Before I could say something some other girl approached him. She had pretty long blonde hair and I'm guessing she's an idol too by the clothes she was wearing. I made sure I was close enough to try and hear what was being said but I didn't have any luck. I could that she was flirting with him just by the way she looked and flipped her hair every so often.

I couldn't really read Onew's expression of course he was being friendly. But I can't get jealous it's not like I'm his girlfriend or anything...right? Maybe I'm just being selfish. I turned to leave until I bumped into someone and whatever was in his hand dropped to the floor. I slowly looked down to see that it was a cake.

"I-I'm s-so sorry.." I stuttered then I noticed it was the guy from earlier, it was Onew's manager.

I could sense his anger and see it on his face. Suddenly, everyone turned their eyes to where we were and I'm honestly scared as hell.

"You should watch where you’re going! Damn, I should make you this up!" He yelled.

I gulped as I felt a little of his spit spray my face. Ew.

"I'm really so-"

"Do you work here or something!?"

I nodded. "I should get you fired, I can't believe they would hire some idiots around here. Now pick this up"

Instead of moving I looked down to the floor. Then he yelled at me to pick it up again. I quickly kneeled down to pick up the cake when I noticed the cake has SHINee's name on it and their faces but now it was ruined.

"Hyung" I heard a soft voice. I was too afraid to look up and see who it was. "Please stop"

Then I heard Onew's voice. "Hyung, there's no need to be so harsh. We'll clean up the mess you can leave for now and I'll take care of her"

I froze in place when I heard his voice. He actually stood up for me. His manager said something before leaving and whatever it was I knew it wasn't good. Then someone else kneeled down and I remembered him from the concert earlier. He was the one that Sunye kept pointing out, so he must be Taemin.

"Hey" he whispered. "I'm sorry about my manager he can be a little..mean. I hope that you can forgive him for his rudeness"

Taemin gave me a small smile and I just nodded a little. "And I'm sorry about the cake, I wasn't paying attention"

"Don't worry about it, we'll get it cleaned"

After that he got up and left then I noticed everyone back stage went back to talking and stuff. It's like no one seen anything. Then Onew came back over and helped me up. I blushed madly when I grabbed his hand and I completely forgot about what just happened until he reminded me.

"I'm sorry about he can be a real at times" he told me.

I let out a breath of air. "Tell me about it. I thought he was going to knock my head off, I was so scared"

He rubbed the back of his neck awkwardly. "But I wouldn't have let him do that, you know?"

"Well...I know now"

We both laughed a little then Taemin came with two brooms, a mop and a dust pan. He handed one to Onew and they then kneeled down to clean up the mess I made.

"I can't let you two do something that I caused"

I got down and grabbed the broom from Onew then told Taemin to drop his. At first they protested but I gave them a look that made them give up. While I cleaned I continued to think about how much time I had until Mrs. Hanna comes to the hospital. Or what if she comes early? I quickly cleaned the mess then checked my phone. 30 more minutes I thought.

After that me and Onew went somewhere else were there wasn't any people just to talk for a few minutes.

"Let's promise each other that one day we will try to make time for each other, okay?"

We both locked fingers and nodded. "I like the sound of that"

Then he surprised me when he kissed my cheek. We both got extremely quiet then looked around trying to avoid each other eyes.

"Can..I kiss yours?" I asked him slowly.

Who asks can you kiss someone else's cheek. I'm such an idiot!

Instead of being creeped out he laughed and let me kiss his cheek. I was so nervous but excited at the same time. I just had my first kiss with Lee Jinki, am I lucky or what?

~**~

I made it back to the hospital in time and I almost forgot that I was supposed to be sick. Mrs. Hanna questioned me and I gave her typical answers. I just told her that I have the flu and that I should rest for a few days then I should be fine. And she believed me. During the car ride I was smiling and laughing inside, I was so happy that I couldn't wait to go home and lay in my bed and think of Onew. Hopefully, I won’t have another bad dream. 

Sorry for the late update/any errors I've been busy..but anyway I hope you're enjoying the story. :<3