Chapter 4

That's Not My Name

 

I quietly snuck out the shelter around ten thirty. Sohee covered for me like always just in case something happens. I went to a local store and changed into the dress Sohee gave me. Then I fixed my hair and put on the necklace I recently stole. I looked myself over in the mirror and for the first time I felt pretty. I threw the clothes I had on before into a bag then left the store. I ran to the park and hid the bag in some bushes then I waited for Onew.

The street lights were on and the street was pretty busy. I sat on the swing as I waited for him, and honestly I’m so nervous. My first date with some stranger, what if he tries to kill me or something? Nah, I doubt he’s that type of person.

Within five minutes Onew walked up and he was smiling. He smiles a lot I noted to myself.

“You actually came?” He said in disbelief.

I nodded. “I guess I can spare a little of my time to do something. I’ve been so busy lately”

“Well, I’m glad you came. I thought you wouldn’t come but I guess I was wrong”

I grinned then he held his hand out to mine. I looked at his hand awkwardly then lightly held my hand in his. My heart flutter and I felt my cheeks getting redder. I heard him chuckle. Then we walk the streets. “Do you like pizza?”

I nodded but I wasn’t expecting to get pizza, now I feel a little over dressed. . When I didn't reply he asked if I was alright.

"I'm fine it's just now I feel over dressed..since we're just going to get some pizza"

"I think you look fine"

I slightly turned away from him so he wouldn’t see me smiling. “I think you look good too…”

While we were walking he asked me questions about my career (well Lee Ji-Euns career) and I just made up stuff and tried to remember what was on the computer. And I have to mention how he tripped twice on absolutely nothing. He’s very clumsy I noted.

When we got to a place called Johnny's pizza he asked me what I wanted and I couldn't decide. There were so so many pizza's to choose.

"You can anything you want" he told me.

"Anything?" I asked unsure.

He nodded then smiled. I swear I was the happiest person ever.

"I want the supreme pizza" I told the waiter. "With lots of meat, onions, olives, bell pepper, and can you add some mushrooms to that? Also I want a large coke with no ice"

When I finished ordering Onew and the waiter gave me a are-you-okay look. "Did I order too much? If so, then I'll just get a sli-"

"No you didn't order too much" he smiled. "You can get whatever you want"

My face turned red and I Onew just laughed. When the food came my face lit up. I haven't seen so much food in a long time. I grabbed three slices and placed them on my plate, while Onew only placed one on his.

"You eat a lot, were you hungry?"

I nodded as I munched on the pizza.

"Onew?" I asked as I wiped my mouth.

"Is everything fine?" He said looking up from his plate.

"Yeah, everything is fine but I wanted to ask why did you ask me out? Or why did you want to go out with me so bad?"

He thought for a moment then explained when he seen me on a drama how pretty and nice I was. Then he said how he always wanted the chance to meet me but he schedule was too busy.

"But now since I've met you I know you're kind of different then how you are on TV but I like that"

I almost choked on my pizza when he said that. Just as I was about to say I needed to leave five girls rushed up to him and started calling him 'Oppa'

Yes, I was a little jealous but why were they calling him that? Do they even know him? They asked for a picture and Onew happily took pictures. And why did he agree to take pictures with them?

"Hey, that's Lee Ji-Eun!?" One of the girls exclaimed. "How was your trip in Africa? I thought you weren't coming back until next month"

I stopped eating my pizza and tried to think of something to say.

"It was great, I decided to come back early just catch up on some things" I smiled.

The girl said 'oh' and nodded. After a few seconds they left and then I suggested to order dessert so he wouldn't bring up Lee Ji-Eun. I decided to get a ice cream cone but Onew said he was alright. Then I ordered a brownie for Sohee.

We walked around as I ate my cone and I laughed as Onew told a stupid joke.

"It wasn't that funny" he chuckled.

I tried stop laughing but I couldn't. "I know but it was funny to me"

As we walked back to the park he shyly slipped his hand into mine. I felt my heart skip and I turned away. I finished my cone then we continued to walk not really speaking probably because we're both nervous.

"Race you to the swing!"

I let go of his hand and ran to the swing. I sat down and seconds later he down in the one next to me.

"You cheated!" He accused.

"No, you're just slow"

I kicked my feet and closed my eyes as I was swinging. The wind felt so good blowing through my hair. For the first time I felt at ease about everything until I remembered I needed to leave.

"What time is it?" I asked while I stooped swinging.

He looked at his watch and told me it was almost twelve o'clock. I hopped off the swing and fixed myself. "I'm sorry but I really have to leave"

Before I walked off and he lightly grabbed my elbow. "Do you want me to walk you home?"

I shook my head. "I'm fine, I can go by myself. Thanks for everything!"

He let go of my elbow and I walked off until he asked me something. "Can we...see each other again?"

In my head I was beating myself in my head and face palming myself. I can't go another date with him but today was the most fun I've had in years. I wouldn't mind spending a little more time with him but I can't.

"I had a lot of fun with you tonight, Ji-Eun" he added. "But if you don't want to go out with me again its fine"

Is he was trying to make me feel bad? Because if he is it's working. I turned around and told him I'll go on another date with him. I could sense a smile forming on his face, but I was surprised when he said 'Yes!'

I laughed at his craziness then I him we could meet each other Sunday night at the same time.

"Good night, Lee Jinki" I called to him as I left.

"Good night Lee Ji-Eun" he sung. I was surprised at how nice his voice sounded. But he isn't the only one who has a nice voice.

As I walked back to the shelter I felt happy and jittery. I can't believe I just went out on a date and it was amazing.

Lee Jinki

Lee Jinki

Was all that was in my head as I went home.

Then I remembered that I left my clothes at the park. "Aish! Why am I so stupid?"

 

Thanks for subscribing!! <3