Chapter 20

That's Not My Name

 

I was beyond nervous as I stepped into the classroom. Or was it considered one since its so huge and there are soso many students. I gulped at how intimidating this is. I slowly walked down to find a seat on a row that was kind of empty. I sat my bag down then I felt relieved. The class didn't start until a couple of more minutes, so I have time to kind of prepare myself.
 
I looked around nervously to see a couple of people eying me. Inside my head I was screaming at myself. This is so embarrassing!
 
I looked down at my desk trying to avoid everyone stares.
 
Then someone sat down next to me and I almost freaked.
 
"Y-you're that orphan girl, aren't you?" It was clearly a female voice. I decided to ignore her and just look down at the desk. "Well, I'll take that as a yes. Anyway, I just want to say I hope you enjoy your first day"
 
She got up and moved then I could hear some snickering behind me. This is never going to end...uggh!  
During class I constantly took notes just to distract myself. I was so ready to go home, but I had two more classes. For the rest of the day I'm sure everyone in this this university knew me as 'that orphan girl' or something dealing with Onew. But thankfully I didn't harassed by some fans...well except for this morning, that girl clearly didn't like me.     To get my mind off of things, I went to the cafeteria and picked up some lunch. At first I was going to sit in the cafeteria but there were too many people and I didn't feel comfortable. So, I went to the library where no one paid any attention to me when I walked in. I went to the back then sat on the floor and enjoyed my lunch.
 
I flipped through my books while eating just to busy myself.
 
I heard some books fall from a nearby and I looked up to see a guy scrambling to pick them up. The kindness inside of me quickly went over to help him."Sorry to distrib your studying" he said, looking down.
 
"No, it's fine"
 
I grabbed a couple of books then he looked up to take them. When I seen who it was the books suddenly left my hand. It was Taemin! SHINee's Taemin.
 
His eyes widened when he recognized who I was. "Yenny?"
 
The words couldn't seem to leave my mouth so I gave him a small wave.
 
We were both quiet so I picked his books up again and handed them to him. "Thanks"
 
We both stood up and it was really awkward. "Please, don't tell him that you seen me here...or anywhere or spoke with me" I asked him, while looking down.
 
He told me that he wouldn't tell and then he asked was I a student here. "Yeah, today's my first day. What about you?" "Yeah, but this is my second year here" he informed.
 
That must explain all of the books I said to myself. 'Oh' was all I said before he left.
 
I still can't believe I seen Taemin. I wonder what he thinks about me? Will he tell Onew? There were so many questions I was asking myself, that I didn't have an answer to.
 
I grabbed my books and stuffed them in my bag. When I get home I need to have a nice long sleep.    
 
 
~**~    
 
 
 Today I was back again with my books and lunch. In the same spot, waiting. I'm waiting for Taemin to show up and hopefully I can get a chance to speak with him. I've been here for about ten minutes and no one was even walked past me. I pretended to be looking in my books and waited some more.
 
Finally, I looked up to see Taemin looking for another book. I got up and went over to him, when he noticed it was me he flinched.
 
"Sorry, if I scared you"
 
He shook it off and just smiled. "You didn't scare me at all"
 
I chuckled. "Okay, whatever you say"
 
Now it was awkward again.
 
"How's Onew?"
 
"He's fine, I guess" he slung he bag over his shoulders and grabbed a book.
 
"That's good" I mumbled. "Well I guess I'll see you around" I turned to go back to my lonely seat on the floor.        "Hey" I heard him say. I turned back around. "You wanna hang out with me today. You look kinda of bored in that corner" he pointed at the corner and well he was right, I was bored.
 
I accepted his offer then grabbed my things. I was slightly nervous because I'm actually hanging out with one if Onew's best friends and that's not good. I followed him without a word, we walked out of the library and then I finally asked where we were going.
 
He shrugged his shoulders. "Where do you wanna go?"
 
"No where in particular" I replied, so we decided to walk around. I pulled my jacket up closer to me because it was freezing.
 
We stopped by a nearby shop and we both got some hot chocolate.
 
"So" he began. "I heard that you live with Ji-Eun"
I nodded then sipped my hot chocolate. "I moved in recently but it seems like in there by myself most of the time. But besides that it's cool"
 
"Oh cool...you two look so much alike"
 
"She's my sister"
 
We talked a little more just about random things and I tried my best not to ask about Onew. Taemin walked me home and when I got there Ji-Eun wasn't there like I expected. Jersey happily greeted me at the door and I picked her up and played with her before getting bored. Watching TV or using the computer didn't help at all.
 
I really wanted Onew. Lately, I've been doing good at not thinking about him but since I've ran into Taemin that's all I can think about. Maybe I can get Taemin to help me out with seeing Onew just one more time. I smiled to myself trying to figure out how I'm going to go about this.
 
---
 
 Sorry about these boring chapters :/