Chapter 12

That's Not My Name

 

I sat down at the table and it was really awkward. I remember Taemin from the concert and it nicely waves to me with a bright smile on his face.

"Everyone this is Ji-Eun" Onew said introducing me.

I gave them a small wave and smiled. "But you can call me Yenny"

Suddenly everyone became confused.

"I just like to be called Yenny, it's like a nickname" I added.

Then everyone introduced themselves. I remembered that Minho was the one with the nice eyes. Key was the one was really beautiful, Jonghyun was the one with the nice eyebrows and of course Taemin was the sweet one.

"Sooooo, Yenny how did you two meet?" Key asked.

"We kinda bump into each other and then things kind of went from there"

Key smiled. "Awww, that's so cute. You know ever since he met you the only thing he talks about is you"

Onew began to clear his throat and turn red. We all laughed then Minho decided to say more. "Everything is all about Ji-Eun. Ji-Eun this Ji-Eun that"

I small laugh escaped my lips and I feel that I was turning red too. I decided to drink some of the water that was on the table to try and calm down. After I took a sip I then found out that it wasn't water but alcohol. I quickly choked on how strong it was. It took Onew and Taemin to pat me on my back to make sure I was alright. After that incident I was so embarrassed I don't think I could even look at them in the eye anymore.

Next, the waiter came and took our orders. Key decided to order something called spaghetti, Minho ordered something that sounded fancy. Onew ordered some chicken (of course), Taemin ordered steak and I decided to get a steak also.

After the waiter left that's when things began to get real.

"Soooo...how was your trip to Africa?" Jonghyun asked.

I stammered a little while trying to find an answer. "Great...yeah it was really nice. I had a lot of fun, you guys should go one day"

Jonghyun nodded then Minho asked me about the drama Lee Ji-Eun starred in last year. I racked my brain for the information I seen on the computer that day with Sohee. Ahhh, what was the name of it!?* Think, Yenny, Think….. .oh yeah...Young Forever!

"Oh yeah, that was one of my favorite dramas I've starred in. I thought the whole story line was perfect, and hilarious"

"But you died in the end" Key said. 
Then everyone laughed, I was beginning to get nervous again. "The part where I didn't die..." I mumbled.

I don't know what I'm saying! Hell, why am I here!? The more I sit here the more of an idiot I feel. I felt Onew touch my hand under the table, I looked over to see he had a smile on his face. 
I guess he was trying to tell me something in a way that I wasn't understanding, so I just smiled back.

"Relax" he finally whispered in my ear.

I took his advice and I decided that I'm just going to go with the flow. I laughed a little to try to clear the air then of course more questions were asked. Like where are you from? Little stuff like that.

When the food came I happily ate my steak. I can't even remember the last time I ate steak. It felt like I was in steak heaven. A muffled 'mmmm' escaped my lips as I bit into my steak. Everyone stopped to look at me weird except for Taemin and Onew. Me and Taemin laughed at everyone's faces. And the rest of time while we were eating we would say 'mmmmmmm'.

When it was time for desert I decided to get ice cream and so did everyone else.

"So what's it like when you all have a comeback?" I asked while eating my ice cream.

All of their faces lit up as they told their stories but then they got to how hard they hard and I really felt bad. They said that during this time they barely get any sleep. I can't imagine how it feels to be worked so much and seem so perfect all of the time.

As we ate our ice cream I decided to test something out. I grabbed a fry and dipped in the ice cream to find out that it is actually really good.

"Did you just dip your fry in your ice cream?" Jonghyun asked with a shocked expression on his face. 
I nodded not sure what to say. Then he decided to give it a taste and he liked it too. Key thought it was weird but then Jonghyun convinced him to try it. After that I finally convinced Onew. It took him forever to even dip it in the ice cream. Minho tried it without a problem and well....it took Taemin a while but I think he rest liked it.

When Key tried it everyone died of laughter at his disgusted face. "It wasn't that bad" I tried to tell him.  He shook his head still told us it was disgusting.

The rest of us continued to eat it like it was nothing. Before you know it we were all snapping pictures with each other and goofing off. When the night came to an end I honestly did not want to go home just the thought of going back there would bring my spirit down.

Before leaving the table that's when everything went wrong. I heard a familiar voice and I almost died when I seen it was their manager. I could tell he wasn’t happy…like always. When he seen me his eyebrows rose. I quickly hid behind Onew so I wouldn't have to look at his face.

"What is she doing here?" He hissed at Onew.

"We were just leaving" he replied keeping his voice calm.

I guess he didn't want to make a scene but he just told him that's he would speak to him later. I wonder is he still mad about the cake? I don't even want to think about that.

"Sorry, our manager can be a little ..you know" Minho sighed as he walked up to us.

I quickly tried to brush it off and tell him everything was okay but he knew his manager is an . I said goodnight to everyone and then we left. Onew insisted on walking me home or getting a cab so I just told him to take me to some random nice looking apartments.

I honestly hate lying to him, I really do but I can't help it. He kissed me good night before telling me he would be in a Japan for about a week. This is going to be a long week I thought.

I got out of the cab and walked inside the building like I lived there but left as soon as the cab pulled off. As I walked the streets I sighed. Why do I have to lie? Why can't I have a normal relationship with him. Why can't I just wake up and really be Lee Ji-Eun? Why?

Thoughts of how much fun I had flashed in my mind and I instantly felt bad. I lied to his friends too. I tried to brush the thoughts out of my mind bit it was hard. I slowly walked back to the shelters with my hands in my pocket just enjoying the last few minutes to myself.

~**~


After I snuck back into the shelter I ran into Sohee. She was in her pajamas and she looked tired.  It's been a while since I've really had a chance to speak with her since I've been spending a lot of time with Yubin. I awkwardly rubbed the back of my neck and down to the floor.

"Hey" she mumbled.

"Hey" I replied, finally meeting her face.

"Soooo, you and Yubin are pretty close now, huh?"

I shrugged my shoulders. "I guess so.."

She sighed then it looked like she wanted to say something but she just said good night and walked past me. I cursed myself in my head for being such an idiot. How can you get so close to someone then out of nowhere we suddenly don't even talk that much anymore. I'm slowly starting to lose everyone around me.

I quickly took a quick shower trying not to wake anyone then climbed in my bed to go to sleep. Tomorrow is going to be a busy day for me, first of all I have schedule full chores then I help Yubin look for her parents.

I snuggled up in my covers even more then closed my eyes. 
 

Hope you all are enjoying the story! <3