Chapter 6

That's Not My Name

 

All day I've been getting weird looks from Yubin. I know she's always on to me but lately she's been watching me even more. Tonight is me and Onew's dare again. I'm really excited, I'm trying hard to hide my excitement but it's hard. Sohee just rolls her eyes and I sigh. I know what she's thinking but I'm serious this is the last date.

When the day was ending and the lights went out I climbed in bed and waited an hour and a half before leaving. I made sure everyone was sleep before I left, so no one would suspect anything. Sohee was awake when I left to cover for me if anything happened.

Once I left I changed my clothes into something casual but I continued to make sure my hair was perfect. When I got to the park I didn't see him so I decided to wait until he came up behind me trying to 'scare' me.

"Boo!" He said.

"Ahh!" I gasped, pretending to be scared. "You almost got me"

He chuckled. "Come on, you know you were scared"

"Hmmm..not really, I don't get scared easily"

"Well I guess we have to change that" I heard him say.

Someone's a little bold tonight I thought, but honestly I liked that. As we walked to our mystery date we both learned each other a little better. As he talked I made sure I noted that he's clumsy, loves chicken and to sleep. I laughed to myself as he was telling me. He's a pretty cool person I thought to myself.

"One thing" he told me as we stopped walking.

"What?" I asked.

He quickly covered my eyes which took me by surprise.

"Where we're going is a surprise" he whispered in my ear.

I wanted to tell him how much I like surprises but I decided to just go with the flow. He led me into a noisy place filled with laughter. And I also hear...games? Now, I'm confused I thought. Where are we?

He moved his hands from my eyes and I blinked a couple of times.

"I know it isn't fancy an-"

"...this is perfect" I said in awe. "I've never been to an arcade...ever"

Before he could say anything else I ran over to the first game I seen, which was a racing game. I sat down in the seat and I noticed I  didn't have any coins to start. I pushed random buttons hoping it would start, and I don't want to ask Onew for money. Just as I was about to get up Onew put some coins in the machine.

He stood up and I told him thanks. "No problem, you just need to beat this game so we can get some tickets"

I smiled then I started the game up. While I was playing I began to realize I wasn't that good. Of course Onew was cheering me on but that wasn't working. I ended up coming in last place and I got one ticket. I actually pretty happy that I got one ticket, it's the first thing I've earned in a long time.

"Maybe you should stay away from racing games" Onew said as we walked to the next game.

I nodded. "At least I got one ticket. You wanna play this dancing game?"

He looked at me with an unsure expression. I begged him and pouted my lips. He sighed then agreed to play, I smiled then pulled him over to the game. Onew chose a song to play which I didn't know but I didn't mind. When the game started I really noticed how uncoordinated he was. I burst into laughter as he couldn't get the footwork right.

We finished the three rounds and I ended up getting twenty while he only got two.

"Just to let you know I let you win"

"Whatever you say Lee Jinki...whatever you say"

I stuffed the tickets in my pocket and then I slowly got close to him to hold his hand. I looked away to avoid being embarrassed but he didn't mind.

Next, we played a basketball game. As we played we were trying to see how could make the most shots. Onew ended up winning and he got more tickets than I did. After that we played a game where we had to kill zombies and surprisingly I won. When I seen all of the tickets coming out of the machine I almost jumped up and down. 

I thought the tickets were never going to stop. When I got my tickets I had to wrap some around my neck and coming out of my pockets. We played a few more games then we decided to go turn in our tickets to get a prize.

Onew decided to get a Teddy Bear and I got two mood rings. I put one on and the other in my pocket. In sure Sohee would like it. 
Lastly, we went to order some food. When Onew asked what I wanted I made sure I got something that didn't cost over three dollars, which was a soda. The food on the menu was really expensive and the games we played today were kind of expensive.

"Are you sure you don't want anything?" He asked as we sat down.

I nodded and smiled. Honestly, I was hungry and seeing him eat a Burger in front of me made it worst. I gulped as I watched the juicy burger go into his mouth. I don't know how long I was watching him eat until he snapped me out of my thoughts.

He was about to say something when my stomach growled.

Why now!? I hissed in my head. It felt like time had stopped and I was so embarrassed. What am I supposed to say? I asked myself. Or hopefully he didn't hear it. Yeah, he didn'y hear it I reassured myself.

"Are you sure you're not hungry? I don't mind getting you anything"

"...Umm can I get a Burger? With extra ketchup and a coke?" I asked slowly.

He chuckled. "No problem"

He got up and ordered it. While he was gone I was cursing myself in my head. That had to be one of my most embarrassing moments. I don't even think I can tell Sohee about this.

He came back and pushed the plate towards me. I told him thank you then I remembered something. I shyly asked for his number and he was really excited when we exchanged numbers. After that I finally ate.

"Thank you for everything" I told him while I sipped my drink. "I hope I'm not being a burden or anything"

"If you were being a burden I wouldn't ask you to come out with me, I like your presence. If anything I hope I'm not being a burden to you. And also the manager gave me a discount"

I wonder how he got a discount? It's not easy getting discounts around here. "How?"

He shrugged his shoulders. "Idols get discounts all the time?"

When he said idols I quickly stopped eating. Did he just say idols!?? Was he an idol? This whole time I thought he was a regular person from the street. That explains the people chasing after him and the girls taking pictures with him. How could I've not figure this out.

Onew could sense my uneasiness and asked me was I alright. I Haute nodded and smiled. Now his fans will think he's dating Lee Ji-Eun. This can't be happening to me.

"What kind of...idol are you?"

"I'm the leader of a group called SHINee. Have you ever listened to our music?"

I shook my head.

"Maybe one day you should come to a concert"

I gulped and finished my food. Oh , I've gotten myself into some deep trouble. I have to end this right now. I pushed my plate away from me, then cleared my throat preparing myself.

"I know this may sound weird or whatever" I began. "But-"

"Hey, look there's Lee Ji-Eun and Onew from SHINee!" Someone screamed.

Then everyone began to rush over to our table. People were snapping pictures and I quickly hid my face.

"You two are dating?" Someone said. "Omg! I can't wait to tell my friends what I seen"

When she said that I quickly got up from the table and ran. I ran out the door and didn't stop until I got to the shelter. I quickly changed my clothes and got into bed trying not to wake anyone. This can't be happening to me..this can't be happening.

Then I felt something vibrate I grabbed my phone. And there was a text from Onew.

From: Onew

I'm sorry about tonight, I hope you're not too upset. I'll have my manager speak to the tabloids and sure no information gets leaked. Night. -Onew

I didn't type anything back instead I turned my phone off and stuffed it back under my pillow. I'm such an horrible person. 


I just started school but anyway I'm going to try & update at least twice a week. ;)