Chapter 5

That's Not My Name

 

"He asked me out again" I grunted as I scrubbed the dirt off the floor. Me and Sohee had to wake up at five in the morning just like Mrs. Hanna told us and I'm beyond tired.

She stopped scrubbing and looked at me. "Yenny, I thought you said only one date"

I pushed a piece of hair behind my ear.

"He's nice" I admitted. "Plus, he was giving that face that no one can resist."

I demonstrated how he was looking and Sohee tried to hold in her laughter. "No he wasn't"

"Yes he was!" I told her. "And so I was like okay. But that will be the last one"

She rolled her eyes. "Whatever you say"

"Oh and I forgot to tell you"

I dugged in my pocket and pulled out the smashed brownie. She looked at me like I was crazy and I tried to smile why handing it to her. "Surprise~"

 

~**~

For the past two days I've been tired with chores and I've been thinking about Onew a lot. Yeah, I know it's wrong on so many levels but I can't stop thinking him. I can't wait to see him on Sunday, I wonder where we will go since it'll be a night?

My thoughts were interrupted when Sohee asked me about how I would contact him.

"I guess I'll have to steal a phone"

Sohee gasped and I looked at her. "What?"

"You just can't continue to steal stuff, what if you get caught?"

I shrugged my shoulders. "I've been doing this for years and if I get caught at least I'll get away from here"

Sohee got quiet and we both didn't say anything else. She knows how horrible this place is. There's not one day the thought of running away doesn't cross mind, I want to live a normal life one day.

I rolled over in my bed and told Sohee good night. I need to get a good night's rest because tomorrow I have to get a phone and I know the perfect place to go. 
~**~

Mrs. Hanna left this morning and I was relieved. Usually when she leaves she returns before twelve. I told Sohee to cover for me again and that I'll be back. She was pissed of course, but I ignored her.

I put on some old tennis shoes, a pair of pants and a random graphic shirt. I snuck in the kitchen and grabbed me some fruit.

The sun was out and people were beginning to leave for work and other activities. I crossed the street and continued until a came the back of an old building. I knocked three times before the person I was looking for opened the door.

I smiled when I seen Mitch and he just looked at me in awe. "Yenny?"

"It's me" I laughed.

Mitch is in his thirties I met him a couple of years ago. He knew my parents before they died and every since then he looks out for me when I need something. But I haven't seen him in about three months because of some reasons.

"I thought you were dead or something...I haven't seen you in months. How are you?"

He opened the door and led me into the dirty place. I decided to sit on the old mattress because there really wasn't anywhere else to sit.

He rubbed the back of his neck and chuckled nervously. "If I'd known you were coming I would've cleaned a little"

I told him it was no problem and I really didn't mind. He offered me a bag of chips and I gladly accepted them. They were a little stale but I didn't mind, while we ate we caught up with each other.

"So what brought you by?" He asked curiously.

"I need to ask for a favor?"

"Hmmm. What kind of favor?"

I avoided his look. "I need a cell phone, I don't need anything expensive. I just need something I can contact someone on"

He didn't respond for a while and that made me believe he was going to say no.

"Why?" He simply said.

I played with the chip bag and thought about should I tell him the truth. "There's this guy..."

"And..."

"I need to contact him on important information..."

Mitch knew I was lying. "Alright you don't have to tell me but I give you a phone...but you have to do one thing for me"

I quickly looked up at him. "What?"

"You need to be careful, kiddo. Alright?"

I nodded then he came over and patted my hair. I sighed then tried to fix my hair and he just laughed. "You look just like your mom"

Suddenly it became quiet then I turned away from him. Mitch knew my parents and he was devastated after they died. I often ask him why he didn't care of me but he just tells me I'm better off without him.

When he noticed how quiet he stoops down and kisses my forehead. "Don't look so sad, trust me things will get better I promise. Good things come to those who wait."

What?

I just nodded then he handed me the cell phone and a charger. It wasn't anything fancy but I can still use it. "And don't worry about the bill I have everything covered"

I gave him a huge hug before leaving and thanked him.

"If you need anything just let me know!"
 

so for the boring chapter. ;_; Anyway, thanks for commenting/subscribing! :D