Chapter 19

That's Not My Name

 

Today's my birthday and Ji-Eun came by. For the last few weeks she's been by a lot. Now I've come to accept that she's my sister, well.I least I think I have. She brought a small cake with my name on it and candles. I turned red as everyone gathered around and sung happy birthday. This is the first time someone as ever done that and I was really embarrassed. When I had to make a wish, I wished that one day Onew will forgive me.

After eating cake and other things I had to go get my stuff, because I was finally leaving the orphanage. I was happy and a little sad at same time. Ji-Eun said I could stay with her for as long as I need.

Before leaving I said goodbye to everyone and surprisingly Yubin gave me a hug. "I'm gonna miss you" she muttered, into my shoulder.

I was taken back but I have her a hug back. "Me too"

I don't know why I was so sad, because now I'm going to have a better life. Ji-Eun said I could study at a nearby college and I have a plan of my own.

I gasped when we arrived at her apartment. It was beautiful. It was so modern and just perfect. When I walked through the door, a small brown and white puppy greetes me at the door. She sniffed me all over. "What her name?" I asked, while rubbing her belly.

"Jersey" she replied. She walked into the kitchen and sat her keys down. "You can make yourself at home. And your room is down the hall the second room on the right"

I smiled to myself as I got up and explored the rest of the place. So far there were four bedrooms. When I got to my room, I froze at the door. This is like my dream room I said aloud.

I grabbed my bags and sat them on the bed. This bed was king sized and waaaay better than my bed back at the orphanage. Then there was a studying desk, computer, TV, dresser, a walk n closet and my own bathroom! I swear it felt like I was in a movie. I walked into the closet the find there were already clothes and shoes inside.

"Amazing!"

I examined everything in pure excitement. The bathroom was even better! I couldn't believe what was happening to me. I had to pinch myself a couple of times to make sure this wasn't dream. I grabbed Jersey and plopped on my bed. "This is so cool" I said to her. "Never in a million years would I have expected this"

I rolled around on the bed just enjoying everything at the moment. So Sohee must've felt like this when she left. I sat up and examined the room once more, when Ji-Eun came in.

"I hope you like it" she said, while standing in the doorway.

"Like it?" I gasped. "I love it. This is like a dream, thanks a lot for everything"

Jersey leaped into my lap and I petted her.  "She seems to like you more than me" she laughed. "But I came to tell you that I won't be here much because I'm starting a new drama soon. So if you anything let me know. And next Monday you start the semester at the university"

I nodded while she went over everything and told me the rules and other things. Once she left I had the entire apartment to myself. I decided to take a bath, then watched a few shows on TV then that's when I got bored. I went back upstairs and the computer. Once everything was loaded I began typing in the search bar.

Lee Jinki

Many articles and blog post popped up, but the first one caught my attention.

SHINee's leader Onew Caught In A Scandal!!

I clicked on and there were many pictures of us together. My eyes quickly roamed over the article to see things about us.

It seems to be that she girl has been having a relationship with him for a couple of months now. She looks exactly like the famous Lee Ji-Eun but it's not. She is an seventeen year old orphan that pretended to be Ms. Lee Ji-Eun. Onew hasn't spoken out about the incident and we do not know the whereabouts of this young lady. Also, Ms. Ji-Eun has spoken and said that she was shocked to hear this news and that she didn't have a clue. She's currently working on her new drama which premieres soon. 

I scrolled down to see the comments and how many people said that I should stay away from Onew. Also, that if they knew who I was they would kill me. I clicked out the browser and shut off the computer. My chest was thumping so much and I suddenly felt sick.

Jersey climbed in my lap and rested. I guess she could feel my uneasiness.

It's gonna take a lot to fix this.

--

Merry Christmas everyone! :D