Chapter 3

That's Not My Name

 

"Whoa, she's pretty" Sohee said in awe.

I got a closer look at the girl on the computer screen to see she was right. This Lee Ji-Eun person was beautiful.

Sohee turned backed and looked at me. "And you really do look like her, you can really be her twin"

I mean we looked just a like, that explains why Onew must have thought I was her. And she was beautiful; does that mean he thinks I'm beautiful? I erased out of my head and we continued to look up information about her. We found out that she is a famous actress and currently she's in Africa on a mission to help out kids.

"Don't you think he will find out your not Lee Ji-Eun?" Sohee said.

I shrugged my shoulders. "Probably, but it's only one date. I just want to experience something different for a day. After the date I'll never see him again"

"That's what you think" she mumbled.

I lightly slapped her arm. "Yah! You think I'll mess around with him. If you do you really don't know me"

"I think I know you better than anyone"

Well that may be true but I wouldn't do that. I just want to have a fancy meal then I'll come back to the shelter and pretend like nothing ever happened.

"We should look him up too?"

"Who?" I asked.

She gave me that look she always gives me. "What was his name..Onew or something?”

Just as she was typing in his name we could hear footsteps approaching and I knew it was Mrs. Hanna.

Sohee quickly deleted the history then closed the laptop. When the door opened we pretended to ne cleaning.

She stood the door way and watched us like something was wrong. I feel my heart racing, what if she finds out that we were on the computer? Then she would really kill us.

I brushed the dust off the bookshelves and Sohee brushed off her desk. Out the corner of my eye I watched as Mrs. Hanna sat at her desk and examined her computer. "Who was on the computer?"

I froze in my place.

"Who was in the computer?" She asked again but in a stern voice.

"No one was on the computer ma'am"

Me and Sohee stood up to face her. She walked over to us and looked us straight into the eyes which made me feel weak.

"You're lying. I didn't log out of my computer!" she hissed.

It felt like my heart was about to jump of my chest. My fingers were shaking and I stopped breathing for a second.

Sohee bowed to her. "I'm sorry, Mrs. Hanna I wanted to search for something on the internet. I know I should've asked you first"

What is she doing? I could clearly tell that she was nervous. Mrs. Hanna glared at her. "Wake up at 5 am and make sure the bathrooms are sparkling. And prepare to skip a meal"

"I-It was m-me, Mrs. Hanna" I stammered.

She quickly looked over at me. "So you're trying to cover for her now?"

I shook my head. "Really it was me. I told Sohee to cover for me but now I'm telling the truth. I'm sorry"

Sohee always cover for me and now I can't continue to let her get in trouble for me. Last time Sohee lost a meal for two days all because of me and I can't let that happen again. "Well, I guess both of you will lose a meal and wake up early to clean the bathrooms. Now leave."

We both bowed and scurried away. When we left her office I let out a breath of air. Mrs. Hanna scares the out of me. I sat down in the hallway and so did Sohee. "I'm sorry"

"I just want to leave this stupid place"

"Me too"

~**~

While everyone was downstairs eating me and Sohee sat on our beds munching on snacks. Mrs. Hanna thought she could stop us from eating, not really. Earlier today I snuck out and found a away to get some snacks. We quickly ate them before Yubin came up to mess with us.

"I bet you two idiots are hungry" she laughed. "I can't you snuck on Mrs. Hanna computer and expected to get away with it"

She made a 'tsk' sound and shook her head.

"Why do you like to mess with us?" I asked her. "We don't ever say anything to you but you always have something to say"

She swung her long brown hair over her shoulder and crossed her arms. "It's because I don't like you two. You act so caring for each other and . Don't you understand we are in a shelter no one cares about you"

"And you Mrs. Yenny" she said pointing at me. "You better watch out"

With that she left and I couldn't believe she said that stuff. Who cares if Sohee is my best friend and we're close. She's just jealous because she has no one. Stupid .

I felt Sohee patting my shoulder. "Don't worry about her, she's just angry and jealous. You should worry about what you will wear on your date"

She smiled then got up to get something from her small dresser that each one of us has. When she turned I gasped when I seen a gold dress. She sat on the bed then handed it to me. "Here have it"

"No I can't take this" I said pushing it towards her. How could I take something like that from her?

She pushed it towards me again. "No, Yenny. I want you to wear it on the date. He won't believe you're Lee Ji-Eun if you don't wear something fancy"

Well she does has a point right there.

I took the dress and examined how pretty it was. I have Sohee a huge hug then kissed her cheek she's the best friend a girl could ever have. "You better bring me back some fancy food"

"Don't worry about it, you know I always bring you stuff back"