Chapter 11

That's Not My Name

 

I felt my heart melt as I watched him perform on stage. Everything thing just felt perfect. After hitting an high note he looked at me and smiled. Then he walked closer to the edge of the stage and I came closer too. Soon, everyone else seemed to have left and it was only him and me. He leaned down to give me a kiss and I stood in my tippy toes to kiss him too. Almost there Yenny! I screamed in my head-

I abruptly woke up expecting to see Onew but it was just a dream. I face palmed myself for expecting to see Onew in front of me. I sighed and took a few breaths. If only that dream was real!

"Dreamt of Onew?"

I knew exactly who that voice belonged to. Yubin. "What do you want now? I groaned. I glanced at the clock to see it was 2:09 am. What the hell!?

"I've been trying to wake you for the past five minutes" she whispered.

"Why would you wake me up this early. Are you crazy?" I hissed back. "Wait....so you were the one who ruined my dream"

She giggled a little and I glared at her. I hope she can see my piercing glare in this dark room.

"I need to show you something"

I yawned. "Why not later...I'm tired"

"No, now" she pulled the covers off of me and I quickly felt the cool air cover me. If I'd known that Yubin would be this annoying I would've have agreed to this.

I finally surrendered after she threatened to pull me out of bed. I slipped on my slippers and I thin jacket. We snuck out of the room quickly, I followed close behind Yubin because honestly this place is pretty big and can be scary at night. Yubin abruptly stopped which caused me to bump into her. "I can't believe you're afraid of the dark" she mumbled.

I wanted to protest but I decided to be quiet because at any time she could decide to leave me in the dark.

I noticed as we walked we came into the living room which was a place I've been in a couple of times. Mrs. Hanna doesn't allow use in here, we can't even step foot inside it she will go crazy. It looked even scarier probably because it was dark or the huge number of dolls and glasses Mrs. Hanna keeps in here. Everything in here looked so expensive and nice. I wonder why we are in here. 
I followed Yubin to the book case. "Why are we in here?" I whispered to her.

"Be quiet and watch" she replied in an aggravated tone.

I crossed my arms and rolled my eyes. I can't believe she woke me up just to play around. I was about to say something to her until she slightly moved the bookshelf and slipped inside of  whatever was behind it.

"Y-Yubin" I whispered to her.

"Yubinn"

"Omg, shut up and just come inside"

I slowly slipped behind the bookcase then Yubin flicked on the light. I gasped when I saw the sight before me. It was like another hidden room, filled with shelves with books. There was a table and a couple of chairs and there was even a window. Everything was dusty but I attention quickly turned to all if the books.

I was so amazed about this place. I've been here for a couple of years and I've never knew about this place.

"How did you find out about this?" I asked her.

She sat down on the floor and explained how one day was snooping around in the living room then she noticed something was off about the book case. I was all ears for her story because I was truly amazed. Then she explained how ever since then she's been coming whenever she has a chance.

After her story suddenly I thought about something. "Why did you show me?"

"Because I want you to help me find my parents because they used to own this place. So maybe there's something important in here that'll help us"

Wow. This is all too much, so her parents used to own this building? Then how in the world did she end up in it? How did this place turn into a orphanage? So many questions were running through my head but I decided not to ask so many right now.

Yubin told me that when she was eight she lived here in this house with her parents. She says she remembers her parents running this place and all of the children that came here. Then when she was ten one night her parents got into a huge argument and the next day she woke up and they weren't there. Just out of the blue they left. Then the same day that's when Mrs. Hanna showed up and took over the orphanage. She always asked Mrs. Hanna what happened to her parents but she gave her a straight answer.

As listened to her story I know she felt about her parents but it must be really tough for her.

"I remember how much they used to work in here" she mumbled. "Hopefully we can find some clues or something to help us"

I nodded and smiled. I hope that I can help Yubin to find her parents. I can admit me and Yubin aren't the best of friends but I think I can start to befriend her but it'll take a while....a few years maybe.

Before getting up to search through everything I had one more thing to ask her. "Does Mrs. Hanna know about this place?"

She shook her head and smirked. "This is our secret, okay?"

We both locked fingers and nodded.

~**~

Tonight Yubin promised that she would cover for me if something happens. Usually I would ask Sohee but lately I haven't been speaking with her that much. Now I'm always hanging out with Yubin. I feel kinda bad that I haven't been really close with her but things happens...

Tonight Onew said that he had a surprise but I'm not really ready for anymore surprises honestly. When Onew showed up like always I was smiling like an idiot. Whenever I'm with him I can forget about the orphanage and all of this other crap that bothers me. I walked up to him and placed a kiss on his lips. I could tell he was a little taken back but I didn't care. Tonight I'm not going to worry about anything.

"Tonight, I have a surprise" he told me.

I nodded, feeling a little unsure.

He pulled out his phone and I really thought he was going to do something big like he did last time. He felt my uneasiness and told me to relax. "I'm just calling a cab" He laughed and I pretended to wipe sweat off of my forehead.

The cab came within a few minutes and we climbed into the back seats. And for some reason I was excited this is my first time riding in a cab. After we pulled off I continued to point out things to Onew like he's never rode in a cab before.

"Can you turn on some music?" I asked the driver. He looked at me through the mirror and shrugged. He flicked the radio on a random station and I moved a little to the music.

"Like this song?" Onew asked.

I nodded. "Do you the name if it?"

"I believe it's called Bloom by a Singer named Gain"

I've never heard of her I thought to myself. Then Onew began singing along and I laughed, he didn't sound bad its just I wouldn't expect him to listen to this type of music. When the chorus came on we both sung along and I felt like this song was speaking out to me.

When the song Benedict we were both left laughing. After the laughter died down we both were looking at each other then he leaned in and kissed me. But it wasn't just any kind of kiss it was a real kiss. A kiss that makes you explode a little inside.

We both pulled away and I had a stupid grin on my face. I snapped out of it when the driver said something then I sat back in my seat and thought about how amazing that kiss was.

The rest of the ride I couldn't be normal around him. For some reason, I'm even more nervous than I was before. When the taxi stopped we thanked the driver and then got out. We stopped in front of a huge building that looked really fancy. I couldn't tell the name what the name but it was in another language.

'Whoa' was all I could say. Everything looked so nice. Onew grabbed my hand then we walked inside. The guy in the front led us to a table with surprised the hell out of me.

There sitting at the table were the other members of SHINee. We awkwardly looked at each other before me and Onew sat down. I could already tell that this wasn't going to go so well.