Chapter 17

That's Not My Name

 

After fixing my hair, I looked at myself in the mirror and smiled. Today, was going to be a good. Nothing is going to get me down...well I'll try. I went to sit by the window and ipwatched the snow fall to the ground. I smiled formed in my face then I let out a breath of air. Let's get this surprise over with.

I went downstairs to see everyone scurrying around trying to clean up at the last minute. And, surprisingly there was a Christmas tree it wasn't big but I didn't care. Just like I always wanted.

"Well, you're unusually happy today" Mrs. Hanna commented. I turned around and nodded.

"This is like my first 'real Christmas'" I replied.

"I see" she said. "Well don't get too excited in the mean time make sure the table is cleaned"

After fixing up the table I went back into the living room to see all of the girls crowded around the Christmas tree, just chatting. "I wonder will we get presents too?" One girl asked excitedly.

"Mrs. Hanna isn't that nice" Yubin told her. "This is just a font for our 'guests'"

Of course I knew it was a font but for once to have these things it felt nice.

I made eye contact with Yubin and I quickly turned away. I don't have anything else to say to her. After that I was so angry even though she was telling the truth, which I can't seem to accept. Next, everyone was talking about who these 'guests' could be. Honestly, I have no idea. Some said our parents or relatives. But I'm kinda hoping Sohee would show up but I doubt it will happen.

"Who do you think it is?" Someone asked me.

"Ehh...I don't know honestly"

After talking for a bit Mrs. Hanna came in and told us that our guests would be here any minute, so she told us that we better seem surprised and happy. Whatever I thought.

The door bell ranged and Mrs. Hanna went to go open it when she yelled and told me to grab some snacks from the kitchen.

I got up and went into kitchen. There were some cookies and some other snacks on a large plate. I decided to just taste one and then went into the dining room where our guest would be. Before I could get to the living room I could hear some laughter.

I walked into the room to see the girl staring at the other side of the room.

"Come on in" Mrs. Hanna said to me.

I turned to drop everything thing in my hand. My heart stopped beating and I felt the pan fall onto the floor. I stood there speechless and scared. Now, it makes sense. How did I not figure this out?

Everything suddenly went quiet.

"Yenny!" Mrs. Hanna hissed.

I didn't bother to make eye contact with her I was too shocked to even care about anything she had to say. "Yenny?" Onew said.

"Hold up" Mrs. Hanna said. "You two know each other"

"We all know each other....or that's what I thought" Taemin added.

I could the gasps of the other girls and I just stood there unable to say anything. I took a couple of steps back before turning to run upstairs. I heard Mrs. Hanna shout something but I didn't care. I heard some foot steps behind and I turned to see Onew. "Wait!"

I continued to run until I got to the bedroom, I turned to shut the door until Onew put his foot inside to stop it. "What the hell..." he breathed. "What the hell..."

I was still holding the door while he was on the other side. Neither one of us were making a sound. I wanted to tell him how sorry I am but it wasn't going to be easy.

"I'm sor-"

"You lied to me?" He muttered. I could hear the pain in his voice and it made me feel worse. "This whole time, I thought you were Lee Ji-Eun. I thought you were...Lee Ji-Eun. How could this be happening to me?"

I felt my eyes water and honestly if anyone was supposed to be crying its him. I wiped my tears before saying anything else. "Onew, I'm sorry"

"Sorry!?" He yelled. "Being sorry isn't going to fix this! This entire time you've been lying to be about everything! And you think being sorry is going to help!?"

I flinched. I've never heard him yell ever. But nonetheless, I deserve it.

"How old are you?"

"S-Seventeen"

He was quiet for a moment until I heard him sigh. "Everything is ruined, everything. Do you know how much trouble you have caused? If anyone finds out that I've been dating a seventeen year old that pretended to be someone she's not, It will make me look bad!"

My eyes widened as I was beginning to understand. I've been dating him, sleeping with him and sneaking out with him. And..I'm not legal yet. I covered my mouth to keep from any noise escaping. I've jeopardize his entire career and his group.

I wanted to continue telling him that I'm sorry but that isn't going to change anything.

"Why did you do this me?"

Why did I start all of this I thought to myself? "I always feel lonely. When I first met you, I was excited because I felt wanted and this was a new feeling, I didn't know what I was getting myself into. At first, I was going to use you but we hung out more and I noticed that I was falling for you"

I paused for a moment to wipe a tear. I in a breath of air and began again. "My friend warned me how this was a horrible idea, but I didn't listen. I liked you too much to listen to what she had to say. After a while the guilt was starting to build up the more we were around each other, I couldn't even sleep. Then I decided that I was going to tell you the truth but then this happened"

I slowly opened the door to him looking down at me. "I'm sorry. I can't change what I've done, or make you change your mind about me. But I thought if you knew the truth you wouldn't look at me any different, that maybe you wouldn't care because you really liked me"

And that's what I honestly believed. I believed that he would find out and then magically he would still like me. But I guess that's not going to happen.

I now could see the anger written in his face. "How can I not see you differently!? You're a freaking orphan!"

When that last sentence came out his mouth it really hurt. I know I've hurt him but that was just..harsh. I felt my fist tighten as I looked at him. I'm not good enough got him because I'm just an orphan, huh?

I heard foot steps coming up the steps and we stood there glaring are each other.

"...Onew?" Taemin mumbled, while shaking his shoulder telling him to leave.

Onew shook off Taemin"s hand before saying one last thing. "Stay the hell away from me"

Finally, they both left and I got one last glimpse of Taemin and he looked shocked. The front slammed a few moments later and I felt my lips quiver. Also, I can hear everyone downstairs trying to figure out what was going on.

~**~

I've been out on 'lockdown' well that's what Mrs. Hanna told me. She also said she doesn't trust and that I will not leave this room. After she learned about the truth I thought she would slap me but instead she yelled her lungs out.

It's crazy how much trouble I can cause in such little time. Hell, I guess this is a gift that I have.

There was a small window, bed, dresser and that's about inside of this hell hole. I was getting depressed just being in here, I was getting depressed thinking about Onew. Everything was starting to come back and haunt me, but I guess I deserve it.

Every night I would pray for a miracle, just something that would put me out of my misery. I hated living here, I hate and the regret the things I've done and furthermore, I'm sorry. But it wasn't good enough. Mrs. Hanna wasn't going to let me out and that was that.

And I kinda miss Yubin even though she was an .

I stared out the window, watching the snow fall...again. I wonder what Onew is doing? I thought. I tried to shake my thoughts of him out of my head but it isn't easy. In fact, I don't think it's possible. While I was caught up in my thoughts I didn't notice Mrs. Hanna walk in.

I turned around to see her standing in the door way. Her arms were folded and her lips were pursed. "You have a visitor"

I raised an eyebrow. I have a visitor? Who could possibly want to speak to me after all of the trouble I've caused. Mrs. Hanna stepped to the side and there slowly walking in was a woman, who looked exactly like me. 
 

---

sorry if this chapter seems rushed :/