Chapter 1

That's Not My Name

 

I'm Park Yeh Eun, well at least I hope so. My parents died in an accident a few days after I was born. Ever since then I've been moving from different shelters, and I hate it. The shelter I'm in now I've been here for about three years and the only reason I'm here is because of my best friend Sohee.

Sohee is a year younger than me and she's the only person I have. She's like a sister, best friend and mother to me. And I can't leave her at this shelter for anything.

There are seven other girls here who have been dropped off by their parents or something happened to them. You would expect for us to all be happy and friends but no one here really speaks, except for me and Sohee. Other than that we're working our asses by cleaning, but not all the time. I'm the only person who has the guts to leave this place sometimes. Only Sohee knows about me sneaking out and sometimes picking up little things for her.

She hates it when I steal things but I really don't have anything to lose.

~**~

"Yenny" Sohee whispered to me as I was getting ready to lay in bed.

The lights were out and everyone was asleep. "Yeah, what's wrong?"

"Please, don't anymore. Mrs. Hanna will find out soon. I don't want you to get in trouble"

I sighed and went over to her. I kissed her forehead and gently pushed her hair out her face. "I'm sorry, Sohee but you kn-"

"No" she said sitting up. "Why don't you understand. If you keep doing this, you're going to kind kicked out"

"I'll be eighteen soon, then I'll leave. And I promise I'll come and see visit you"

She sighed and laid down, not looking at me. "You don't ever listen to me, Yenny. Good night."

And with that I made my way to my bed feeling sad. Sohee is my best friend here, and I can't have her mad at me. I tucked myself under the covers and looked up at the ceiling. Just a few more months a I thought. Before drifting off to sleep I thought about my parents. I can't explain how much I miss them.

~**~

"Girls wake up!" Mrs. Hanna yelled. I felt something hit my face and I knew Sohee threw a pillow at me, like always. Maybe that's a sign that she still isn’t mad at me.

I groaned and stretched before looking around to see everyone was leaving to go eat breakfast.

"Yenny if you're late coming down, you'll have to do extra chores today" Mrs. Hanna yelled.

I quickly got out of bed and followed everyone downstairs. There's no way I'm doing any extra cleaning.

I sat next to Sohee like always and today she looked tired than usual. When I first met Sohee five years ago when I first came to this shelter I knew we would be best friends. Sohee has always kept me laughing and happy. That's why I hate when she's mad at me.

"I'm sorry" I whispered to her as I stuffed my face with this crap called 'breakfast'.

Sohee didn't respond and I poked her arm.

"Awww, looks like Yenny can't win over her girlfriend's heart"

I looked over to see smirking in my face. She is always saying that me and Sohee are a couple which apparently isn't true. I ignored her comment because I know if I would say something back Sohee would get mad.

I finished eating my breakfast when Mrs. Hanna handed us our schedules for the week. I smiled when I noticed that I didn't have a busy schedule.

Today and tomorrow I have kitchen duty. Wednesday, Thursday and Friday is my day. While Saturday and Sunday I have a few chores.

"Full schedule?" Sohee asked.

I shook my head. "Nope. What about you?"

"Yeah"

She gave me her schedule and I noticed it was completely full. I hated seeing Sohee doing a lot of work. She's one of the youngest and I don't think Mrs. Hanna should overwork her.

"I'll help you with" I said trying my best not to let everyone hear. "I don't know why Mrs.Hanna likes to overwork us"

She smiled and we finished eating then went to work just like every other day.

After chores and as everyone was watching TV I left just like I do any other time. Sohee looked at me with a sad face but she doesn't understand. It get tired of staying I'm that house just cleaning all the time and being sad.

I love going outside to see the world and other people even though I have to sneak and do it. But I know Sohee wouldn't tell on me especially since I bring her snacks back. Sohee hates the things I do, yes I sneak out and steal but that's because I need too. I guess...

I headed to nearby store and spotted a necklace, it was so pretty and sparkly and I knew I had to have it. Just a little look wouldn't hurt. 

 

A:N/ Yeah this chapter was a little boring, things will speed up next chapter :)