Chapter 16

That's Not My Name

 

This morning Sohee left. My best friend since I've been here is now gone. We hugged for seemed like hours. We both were crying but I decided to try and be happy. I could tell how relieved she was when she finally left. I guess I would be too. Her new mother told me that we could still keep in touch with each other. Also, her little brother was there. He was so excited to meet Sohee and Sohee was just as excited.

How bad I wish that was me...but nonetheless I’m happy for her.

After she left I ran upstairs and cried myself to sleep.

~**~

I breathed in slowly as my head was on his chest. His soft breathing was so comforting. My fingers traced down his arm.

"Can I ask you something?" I asked.

"Anything"

"What if someone you knew for a while and you really liked them a lot" I began. He mumbled 'mmhmm' indicting fore to continue. "What if they turned out to be the totally opposite, how would you react?"

He looked down at me and shrugged. "I guess I'll be disappointed but I guess it depends on what they really are y'know?"

It depends on what they are...hmmm. "Let's just say, you were dating someone, okay....and you thought they were this amazing person but then you find out that they don't really compare to what you thought"

He thought about it for a second.

"I'll be disappointed" he answered. "That means they were lying the entire time"

I laced my fingers in his.

"Hmmm, why did you ask?"

"Just curious"

We stayed silent while I was in my own little world. So if I told him the truth he wouldn't be so angry at me, but he would be disappointed. But if I don't tell him the truth then this guilt will be killing me. It's already hard to deal with it. So I decided that I'm going to come clean...soon. I don't know about now, but today is the last day I'm going to with him while keeping this secret.

I sat up then leaned in to kiss his lips. "Thanks for everything"

He raised an eyebrow, completely confused about what I was talking about. "I just wanted to say thanks" I simply told him.

He smiled then pulled me closer to him capturing my lips.

~**~

5:01. Just getting back in time I said to myself. Onew was going to be mad when he wakes up and see that I wasn't there..again. Last time he didn't like that. Sometimes,.it feels like I'm using him but I know I'm not.

I made it to the shelter, and tried to take a quick shower without waking anybody up, which I failed. As soon as I got out the shower Yubin was standing there with her arms crossed.

"What?" Was all I said before I moved passed her.

"What's been up with you lately? Every since Sohee left you've been acting weird. Get over it! She's gone"

It felt like my blood went cold when she said that. I can't believe she had the nerve to say that.

"And not to mention, you've been sleeping around with your 'boyfriend'" she put emphasizes on boyfriend. "Once he knows the truth,it's over. Think about it. Why would he date an orphan? Someone that doesn't compare to him"

"What?" I spat out. I can't believe she's really doing this. "How about you mind your own business, Yubin. Why are you so concerned about what I'm doing"

She shook her head and chuckled. "You really don't get it, do you? If anything I'm trying to help you out" She gave me one last look before walking away.

I was so angry! What did I do to deserve all of this!? I took a deep breath and told myself to calm down. I went to lay down, and there was Sohee's bed...empty.

~**~

"And yeah, after school me and some kids hung out at this pizza place. It was soooo good" Sohee told me over the phone. "I wish you were there...."

"Mhmmm" I mumbled. I doubt she even thought of me while hanging out with her new friends.

"And we just got a Christmas tree, too! It's really nice, we're suppose to decorate it soon. I'll make sure I tell you how it turns out, okay?" She sounded so much happier which was great. I want her to be happy but why couldn't she be happy here.

I did one of those fake chuckles, then we both had an awkward silence. "So did you ever tell Onew the truth?"

Before I could answer I could hear Sohee's little brother begging her to play this new game with him. Sohee laughed then quickly agreed.

"I decid-"

"I'll call you back later" she quickly said before hanging up in my face.

I stood not believing this, what was going on. I hung the phone up thinking about how Sohee has her new life and apparently she doesn't have any time for me. Damn, that's a horrible feeling.

Just when things couldn't get worse....I remembered last night. I quickly went upstairs to grab my.phone, I went into the bathroom and locked the door. I dialed Onew's number, hoping he would pick up. Finally, when he did answer he said we needed 'to talk'  "Lately, I've been noticing that you seem a little different"

"Different? How?"

I heard him sigh. "It seems like whenever you get a little angry or upset you come to me. Then we sleep together then BAM! You disappear and then when you feel angry or upset again, you do the same thing"

I was completely taken back by what he was saying. "What are you trying to say?" I said faintly.

"There's a lot I'm trying to say. Is there something you need to tell me?"

I was quiet for a while trying to figure out what to say, so I guess he knows. He knows that something isn't right. Maybe this is my chance to tell him now but I can't.

"Just take your time"

"Can we meet each other this Friday?" I asked. I promise I'll tell him everything on Saturday.

"I can't, me and the group are getting holiday gifts and give them to different group homes"

We ended up deciding to meet up on Saturday instead. I have a couple of days to prepare for this I told myself. "Well, I guess I'll see you then, bye"

Once we hung up Mrs. Hanna called me downstairs. When I got downstairs I could all of the other girls were there waiting for me. Mrs. Hanna had a smile on her face and I'm curious to know what's going on. "I have some good news" she told us. "This year for the holidays were doing something different. We will have a couple of guests this Friday"

"Are we getting a Christmas tree?" A girl asked.

"Maybe...maybe not" she replied.

Everyone groaned. It would be nice to have a Christmas tree and decorate it or even bake cookies like in the movies.

"Anyway, just know that on Friday there is a special surprise for you all, so until don't do any stupid to make me change my mind, okay"

And with that she walked off. I wonder what this surprise is...

--

So this story is turning to be a little angsty, lol but everything should be fine…soon. Hopefully. Thanks for subscribing & commenting! :D