Chapter 23

That's Not My Name

 

"Did you get the drinks?" I asked, Ji-Eun quickly before setting the plate of food the table. Within ten minutes Onew is going to be here and we were almost done with everything.
 
"Yeah" she called from the kitchen. The table was all set, and Ji-Eun was finishing cooking. I.decided to take break and made sure I looked neat. Next, I locked Jersey in my bedroom just to make sure she doesn't cause any problems.
 
"Everything is ready!"
 
Ji-Eun was placing the last things on the table. When she was done she let out a breath of air. She looked so tired and worn out. So I took her apron off for her and cleaned off the evidence of food on her. Then gave her a kiss on the cheek. "Thank you"
 
She gave me a gentle smile. "No problem"
 
There was a knock on the door and Ji-Eun scurried to get her clothes changed, while I went to open it. I fixed hair and clothes before opening the door and there stood, Onew.
He gave me that signature smile before handing me some flowers. I blushed. "You didn't have to-"
 
"But I wanted to, so what you have to say doesn't matter" he said.
 
Well, I guess he's right.
 
I let him and he whispered about how big the apartment was. "Why are you whispering?"
 
"Isn't your sister here?"
 
I laughed. "Yeah, but we don't have to whisper"
 
"Ohh"
 
I sat the flowers in a vase then brought him into the kitchen. His eyes lit up when be seen all the food, and my heart fluttered. "Whoa, did you cook all of this?"
 
"Does making salad count?"
 
"Of course not!"
I must admit I make some really good salad. Onew told me that I need to learn how to cook and I told that I've been trying. (Not really) We both sat down while waiting for Ji-Eun. "Do you know how to cook?" I asked him.
 
"Well you see..." he said, while rubbing the back of his head. I shook my head. Then finally Ji-Eun came in and suddenly everything was awkward. One thing I've been worrying about for the last few days is...Onew meeting Ji-Eun. Yeah yeah yeah, he's told me all about the crush he had on her before he met me and that's been bothering me a little.
 
Ji-Eun is hot. We may look alike but I was no where as beautiful as she is. I know thinking about this was pretty stupid but I couldn't help just to have these thoughts.
 
Onew stiffened as Ji-Eun walked in. It must be awkward for him too. Ji-Eun sat down then she introduced herself to him, like he didn't already know who she was.
 
Dinner was okay well at least for me. I was left of out their conversation and when I did try to become a part of it, I didn't know what was going on. So I decided to just laugh whenever they did, I didn't want seem rude or uninterested.
 
They seemed to get along with each other so well and I was getting jealous. Being jealous is only natural, right. But I don't like this feeling at all, it .
 
After dinner was over with I told Onew I wanted to show him around. I grabbed his hand led him around the huge apartment and pointing out things. "This is a big apartment" he commented.
 
"That's the same thing I was thinking when I got here"
 
Next, I opened the door to my room and Jersey sprung out, which scared Onew. He flinched and burst out laughing. He held his hand over his chest. "I wasn't scared.."
 
"Yeah right" I told sarcastically. I picked up Jersey, then showed Onew how cute she was.
 
"See she doesn't bite" I said in a baby voice.
 
Onew softly petted her head. "What's her name?"
 

 

"Jersey"
 
I let her down and went over to Onew to sniff him. Onew looked awkward trying to get away from her but she wouldn't stop following him, I just giggled because she likes him already. We went into my room and Onew commented about how clean it was.
 
Only because I have company I thought to myself.
 
After a while we sat sat down on the floor and played a board game, while Jersey laid by Onew. Onew won twice, but I believe he cheated. Or maybe not, he's pretty smart, so maybe he did win fair and square.
 
The loser of the game had to do whatever the winner said and I groaned. I was just lucky enough to lose. Onew tapped his chin while thinking about what he wanted me to do. "I want some ice cream"
 
"We just ate!"
 
"Yenny, there is always room for desert, don't ever forget that. Now go" he shooed me off.
I went into the kitchen and grabbed two bowls. Next, I went to go get the ice cream, the only flavor we had was vanilla so hopefully he likes vanilla.
 
I scooped four spoon fulls for me and only two for him. I smirked to myself. I grabbed two spoons and stuck one in each bowl. Onew looked so happy when I came in with the ice cream but look on his face disappeared when I handed him the bowl. "Enjoy"
 
I sat down next to him and grabbed the remote for the TV. I turned it on some scary movie and throughout the movie he was trying to steal my ice cream. Even Jersey was trying to get a . After feeling full we all laid down and finished watching the movie. Throughout we would sneak and and give each other a small kiss on the cheek or something, nothing much but it was a huge deal to me. Inside I was bursting with happiness. This night couldn't have been better. I'm so grateful to have Onew and for him to give me a second chance.
 
While drifting off in my thoughts,.something came across my mind. I've never told Onew I love him, and he's never said it to me. Do I love him? I don't know but I do like him a lot. Maybe he feels the same way about the 'love' thing.
"What're you thinking about?" He asked, curiously.
 
I propped myself on one elbow then smiled. "Stuff"
 
"Like?"
 
I shrugged. "A lot of things"
 
"Like?" He repeated.
 
"I'm just glad that I'm here right now with you, enjoying this time. I just want to say thank you"
 
I blushed and looked down to avoid his eyes. "I'm glad I'm here too" he lifted my chin with his finger. He placed a soft kiss on my lips and we both smiled. And there was that feeling I got every time he was this close to me. He literally makes my knees weak or make me forget how to breathe for a second. It's crazy how one person can make this happen.
 
"I-I l-love...you" I breathed. My heart was beating so hard against my chest, I couldn't even hear myself think. Once I saw his shocked reaction I tried to take back what I said. "I meant-"
I was so nervous, why am I feeling like this all of a sudden? I quickly moved away from him, so he wouldn't see how nervous and red I was.
 
"Yenny" he said trying to get me to turn around. He finally succeeded. He lightly put his hands on my side of my face, I tried to avoid his gaze but it wouldn't let me. "Park Ye Eun, I don't think my life has been so much trouble until I met you. I believe that's a good thing. One thing that I love about you is your boldness, I've never met a girl like you, ever. You're so beautiful and smart, I like how if any situation gets tough you will find a way to get out of it" he laughed at the last part.
 
I couldn't believe the words coming out of his mouth, I was in complete awe.
 
"There so much I can say about you, but I just wanted to say those few things. Ye Eun I love you. I can't describe it" there was confusion evident on his face. "There's this feeling I get when I'm around you, a nice feeling at that. I love you, too"
 
And there goes my heart again and that feeling. And his lips. This time the kiss was different, completely different, but I don't mind. It was mind blowing and just...perfect. Yep, it was perfect. Just like Onew.
 
After all of the lies, finally something good came out of it. I.don't regret stealing that necklace and then bumping into Onew. It's funny how a necklace started this all, but now I'm happy. Really really really happy.
 
The End.
__
 
 Thanks for everyone who ccommented/subscribed. sorry for ending like this, lol it wasn't anything special :p
 so thanks for reading, I feel like I let you all down with this story :/ but thanks again :)