Chapter 22

That's Not My Name

I know I've been gone for a loooong time , but I'm back now! 

 

-------

 

 

I was quite nervous when I finally realized in a few hours I will get to Onew. Just thinking about it made heart thump like crazy. I haven't decided what I'll say to him but when the time comes I just tell him what's on my chest and I'll bring him chicken.
 
Ji-Eun was getting her makeup done in another room, as I picked out what I was going to wear. My eyes scanned over all of the nice clothes I've received over the last few weeks. I decided to wear a simple black dress with black lace as the sleeves. While getting ready I even danced a little because that's how excited I was.
 
When Ji-Eun was finished with her makeup it was finally mine turn. I sat patiently and many scenarios of what can possible happen where running through my head but I have to stay positive.
 
When everything was finished it was time for Ji-Eun to leave. I decided to catch a cab to the hotel so I prepare what I need.
 
Around 7:00 I went to nearby store and bought some really nice flowers. Hopefully, he likes flowers. Next, I picked up some chicken which I know he loves. I smiled to myself just imagining his face when he sees all of this chicken. After that, I bought candles and a small cake.
 
It was pretty hard carrying all of this bags and to make it worst it started drizzling when I was waiting for a cab. I groaned, why me? I begging that everything wouldn't get ruined! Finally a cab came and I quickly hopped in and told him my destination. Just when I finally calmed down....there was traffic. I looked out the window to see many cars and it was no way this was going to be over soon. And to make it worst, now it was raining harder than before.
 
Just relax I told myself as I laid rested my head on the seat.
 
After five minutes I knew I didn't have time to wasting. I grabbed my bags and hopped out of the cab and ran through the rain, in my heals. I clutched the bags tightly, I'm determined that I will not let anything ruin this moment for me.
 
As I neared the hotel, my hair was soaked, one of my heels broke, and my sleeve ripped. I was pretty pissed off and to make it worse, I got many stares and the bags were heavy. I went inside and spoke to the manager just to remind him that I was going to be using the balcony. When he seen me his eyes he was completely surprised. "Don't worry it's me, Yenny. I'm sorry for looking so..like this. I just want to thank you again for letting me use the roof"
 
"Ahhh, no problem, anything for Ji-Eun's little sister"
 
He gave me a kind smile, then I made up the many stairs to get to the roof. Maybe I should've used the elevator.
 
I opened the door to the roof and surprisingly, it wasn't raining. Just my luck. The roof was mainly empty except for a small clothed table with a note from the manager. I'll make sure I thank him later. I set the candles up on the table and lit them. Next, I put the chicken and cake on the table. Then I patiently sat. I was about to call Taemin when I realized I must have dropped my phone. It was getting colder outside and I starting to think maybe Taemin couldn't get him to come.
 
I twirled the rose in my fingers as I examined it, while sighing. I'm cold, wet and lonely. I dropped my head on the table. I'll wait a few more minutes I thought to myself. A few more minutes seemed like thirty and then it began to drizzle again.
 
Now, I was officially angry. I just did all of this for nothing!
 
Then I heard the door creak, I turned to see Onew, standing in the door. There he was in his performance clothes and I standing there wet and looking horrible. My heart skipped so many beats and it was hard to breathe for a moment.
 
I expected him to leave once he seen me, but I guess he was just as surprised as I was. I hopped over to him with one heel on and the other was off. My ankle hurt but when I seen Onew that didn't seem to matter.
 
"Hey" I said, stupidly. I wanted to punch myself for saying something so stupid, but am I supposed to say? He didn't say a word, instead he look at me like I was crazy. "It's a long story, but I was trying to-"
 
"Don't you remember when I told you to stay away from me?"
 
What?
 
"I was serious, I don't know what you're thinking. You think just by getting Taemin into this it will make anything better?!"
 
Tears stung my eyes, though I repeatedly told myself not to cry. I was going to find a way fix, and crying isn't going to help. I wiped my face and breathed in.
 
"Look" I began. "I'm an idiot. I always was and I'll always be one. Lying to you and making you angry wasn't my intentions. I know what I did was wrong. I think about this everyday. I just want you to give me a second chance at least, just know that I'm sorry! I don't know what else to say. I'm sorry! I'm sorry having these feelings for you, okay!?"
 
Now I was the one yelling and screaming. I felt a little relieved when I got that off my chest. Why can't he see that I'm sorry, huh? Or that I really like him? "I was trying to do something nice, and that hasn't been working out"
 
I walked over to the table and grabbed the wet roses, then gave them to him. "I even brought chicken" I said sniffling, I was starting to catch a cold or something. "But it's soggy and I'm sure you don't want it, so you can leave now, I know people are waiting for you downstairs"
 
I couldn't even look him in the eyes. I turned and hopped back to the table in the drizzle.My back was facing the door and I was hoping he had already left, before I start getting emotional again. I was biting my lip begging that he has already left.
 
"You'll catch a cold if you continue to stand in the rain like an idoit. I froze when I recognized that voice. I felt his hand on my elbow, he turned me around to face him. He leaned down and both of our foreheads were touching. "Yenny" he breathed.
 
I was looking into his eyes and my stomach was doing all types of flips. He was hair was starting to get damp and so was his clothes.
 
"I'm so angry at you but I miss you at the same time. You fooled me so well, I couldn't believe this was actually happening to me. Never would've thought someone would lie about their entire identity and I wouldn't know. Never"
 
"And I never thought I would do what I did and now I'm paying that price. I'm sor-"

 

His lips softly pressed against mine, taking completely off guard but I didn't mind. I felt like the first time I kissed him and that was an amazing feeling. Before I could kiss him more he pulled away. "You're not fully forgiven yet" he smiled.
 
"I'll work for your forgiveness back, I promise"
 
We both locked pinkies.