Photograph

Photograph

 

Chapter 9 – “New memory”

 

I open my eyes with a dull ache in my head. As I opened my eyes, I saw familiar faces, some not.

“Omma” I called my mother.

My mother, with tears in her eyes, rushed to my side.

“Oh! I’m so glad you recognize me. The operation went well.” She told me.

“We used laser to remove the tumor from your head. It was almost too late.” The doctor said. ALMOST TOO LATE.

“But, we think there’s a complication. There might be things, people or events you’ll forget.” He continued on.

“Will I forget those things permanently?” I asked.

“We’re looking through it, but let’s hope not.” He answered.

“Do you recognize me?” a high-pitched voice asked. I immediately recognized who it was.

“Of course, I do. You’re Hyeri!” I told her.

“Oh good. Cause if you didn’t, I would have killed you.” She joked.

“Anyway, the class misses you so in a few weeks, you should be able to recover.” She told me.

“By the way, Miss Bang, you will start the therapy once you feel much better. Since the tumor was on the left side of your brain, the right part of your body is affected. Movements are not functioning well.” The doctor said.

“Yes, doc.” I said and tried to move both hands, the right one was too stiff.

“I told you.” The doctor said and laughed.

“I was curious.” I laughed and my head started to ache again.

“Okay then, I will see you later. Make sure you rest, okay?” he told me.

“I’ll try that.” I joked as he left the room.

 

As he left, Hyeri and my mom went outside.

Wait, the doctor told me there were things I might forget, am I missing something? Oh, well. I guess it’s not that important. So, who’s this guy here?

 

“Annyeong.” He said and approached me when I noticed him standing in a corner.

“Hey,” I answered. This person had to be someone I should remember.

“Who are you?” I asked.

 

 

“I’m Kyuhyun. Your boyfriend.” He said and smiled.