Photograph

Photograph

 

Chapter 4 – “Tripod”

 

“A gentleman can’t just let a lady walk without shoes on.” He answered.

“No, really. I can—“

“Look, it’s okay.”

“Uhh, okay.” I sheepishly said and slowly climbed on to his back. For short, he was “piggy-back riding me”.

“Thanks,” I told him. But he deserved more than that.

“Why?” he asked.

“First, you gave me a tour. Second, you paid for lunch. Third, you’re giving me a ride.” I said.

“What ride?” he asked.

“This ride.” I answered and pretended to laugh in order to distract him a bit.

“It’s really okay with me. You don’t have to thank me that much. Koreans help each other right?” he assured.

“Honestly, I feel great being with you. It’s kinda weird to hear it from a stranger like me but I can’t help myself from not letting you know. I don’t know why, this is a first but I—“

“You feel like we’ve known each other for a very long time, right?” he finished.

“Yeah, something more or less like that.”

“You know, I feel the same way too.”

“Really?” I shifted my weight to the right in order to see his face.

“Stop moving, or else we’ll both make a scene here. And yes, that’s what I also feel.”

 

I tried to keep the smile off my face so he wouldn’t notice.

 

We spent the whole day looking for a pair of shoes. One pair caught my attention, I wanted it so bad but the price was higher than what I expected. Taemin found another one and insisted that he should pay for it. In the end, I had to agree because he told me I was in his territory, and that I’m a guest. Rich Kid. Tsk. HAHAHAHA!

Evening came and he decided to stay with me at the hotel for a while. (Don’t get me wrong, he just wanted to have some coffee.) So, we sat down outside the hotel while drinking.

I didn’t realize he was looking at me the whole time until I glanced at him.

 

“Am I really that pretty, Lee Taemin?” I joked.

“Best word for that is areumdaum, Bang Min-Ah sshi.” BINGO. Positive, let the film roll.

“Oh, HAHAHAHA!” I laughed. But it really didn’t sound like a laugh. It was the only sound I could make in order to hide my nervousness. And why am I feeling nervous?

“I’m not kidding. I’m not good at joking either.” He told me seriously, keeping the humor off his face.

“Aigoo.” I told him, at the same time punched him lightly on the shoulder. He was still looking at me.

“You love the view, don’t you? “ I asked him ad continued to stare straight, trying to avoid his eyes.

“Yeah.” It was the only word he said, WITH A MERE GLANCE AT MY DIRECTION. TRIPLE BINGO.

“Well, I have to go. I’ll meet you here tomorrow?” he asked, trying to shift the atmosphere.

“Okay, tour part two.” I answered. QUADRUPLE BINGO.

“I’ll go now, okay?” he asked and smiled.

“Sure. Be safe.” I smiled back and gave him a peck on the cheek.

 

After a moment, he was lost in the crowd. I had the feeling I was starting to like him. Wait, I have to think things through. This is too fast. But we have a tour tomorrow.

Wait,

 

Tour or DATE?