Photograph

Photograph

 

Chapter 15 – “Against the Light”

 

When he noticed me looking at him, h immediately left the crowd. I had the instinct that I had to follow him.

 

“Kyu,” I told him, breaking the embrace.

“Yeah?” he answered, obviously pleased with his surprise.

“Do you mind if I leave for a while?” I asked him.

“Oh, no. I don’t. Go ahead.” He told me.

 

‘Run, Min-Ah. Find out what that guy knows.’ My inner self told me.

I did not want Kyuhyun to see the eagerness I felt so I slowly and surely left the crowd.

 

I saw him in one of the rooms near the locker. And I couldn’t believe what my eyes saw.

He was crying so hard, it was like his whole world was falling apart.

 

And why was he crying? Was he rejected? Did he break up with his girlfriend? Or was I the reason?

Of course not, we’ve just met. We don’t even know each other. I don’t even know his name. I don’t even know who he really is.

But he knows me, he has some information my mind is missing. I’m sure of it.

I wanted to approach him, to comfort him though I didn’t know him. Instead, I found myself walking away from him, numbed by the pain I felt when I saw him cry. He doesn’t need me right now, there’s no way he will.

 

I celebrated Valentine’s Day with Kyuhyun. As we walked our way to Namsan Tower, I had the urge to ask him about the blond-haired guy. He might know something.

 

“Oppa?”

“Oh?”

“Do you know a blond-haired guy in our school?”

“Sunggyu?”

“No, not him.”

“Then, who?” he cautiously asked.

“You know, in school. With the brown eyes. He was in the crowd today.”

“Hmmm. Nope, I don’t know him.” He answered after thinking hard.

“Really?” I asked him with curiosity.

 

“Yes.” He said.

“Anyway, he doesn’t even play a significant role in your life so why bother to know him?” he continued on.