Photograph

Photograph

 

Chapter 3 - "Hello, you."

 

“Aww, I thought you were going to eat here.” Seohyun said.

“I looked at it from outside and it caught my attention. I just wanted to take pictures.” I said and pointed to my camera.

“Oh, well. See you around. I hope we can eat together some time.” She said cheerfully.

“Yeah, sure. See you around.” I told her with a smile and directly walked towards the door, pulling Taemin with me.

“Why do we have to go? I thought you wanted sushi.” He asked, full of wonder.

“I don’t like the place, it’s too stuffy.” I reasoned out.

“Really?” he asked.

“Really.” I answered, putting aside my thoughts about Kyuhyun.

 

A minute after, when we arrived at another restaurant, Taemin stopped.

“What? Is something wrong?” I asked as I faced him.

“Uhh.” He said, hesitant.

“Ah, mwo?” I asked.

“Are we supposed to do this all the way?” he asked and looked awkwardly at our hands.

I forgot all about his hand! I didn’t realize that I was still holding it.

“Oops, mianhe.” I told him as I let go of his hand.

“Gwaenchana.” He said, a smirk playing on his lips.

 

We forgot everything by the time we entered the restaurant. We ate lunch, spent our time chit-chatting. He told me everything about his family. His mother is a chef and his father is a company manager. I told him about me, that I broke up with my boyfriend because I was too furious at him for not accompanying me. I told him about my friends, my parents, and my life.

We didn’t realize we were there for 2 and a half hours until Taemin looked at his watch.

“It’s already two-thirty in the afternoon.”

“Really? Time flies fast.” I told him.

“Yeah, but we still have the whole afternoon and evening.”

“Right.”

 

That moment, I realized something very unusual was happening. This was a first. I felt comfortable talking to him, like he was just an old friend of mine.

What is wrong with you, Bang Min-Ah? Are you really out of your mind? How could you just trust this man in front of you? How could you tell him everything? He could be a , or a serial killer, or a stalker.

Because I felt good with him around. There was no need for explanations, no need for second thoughts. He’s here. Do or die.

“Let’s go?” he asked and smiled.

“Yeah, okay.” I told him.

 

When we went outside, we were still laughing until I heard something snap under my foot. Uh-oh, this is wrong.

“What happened?” he asked and looked at me.

“Uhh, I think…” I need not say everything, I pointed to my heels. The right one was broken. More than that, I guess.

He went near me and looked at the shoe.

“It can’t be fixed.” He said, watching it carefully.

“Looks I’ll be missing this.”

“Why?”

“I kept this for a year. This one’s my favourite.”

“That’s too bad.” He said.

“Yeah.” At the same time, I removed both shoes.

“What are you doing?” he asked with curiosity and alarm on his face.

 “I’m going to walk without these shoes on.” I reasoned out.

 

Taemin stopped in front of me and suddenly hunched over.

“Now, what are you doing?” I asked him.