EPILOGUE

Photograph

 

EPILOGUE (*I recommend you to read chapter 1 in case you forgot the first part of the story.)

(TAEMIN’S POINT OF VIEW)

 

[A week after…]

 

When I went to Seoul to find her, she couldn’t remember me. Of course, I first thought she was just making it up. But then no, it was real. She couldn’t remember me. I thought it would be easier to tell her who I was but I was scared. I could not afford to see her hardly recalling me. Us. I had to fight back the tears. The person I loved did not remember me, much worse, know who I was. She doesn’t even know my name.

 

I loved her from the day I saw her with those frightened eyes at the Hachiko Monument until the day we talked on the rooftop. I still love her, there’s no way I won’t. But we’re two different individuals. Too different, we don’t know each other well. It was just a one and a half-week meeting. I knew it was love. I was sure of it.

 

I knew I made the wrong choice when I had let her leave. When I opened the envelop she gave me, it contained all my stolen pictures. A single photograph was our picture. It was the one she saw just before I snatched it away from her hands.

 

But then, I made the right choice when I gave her up to Kyuhyun. I could see from Kyuhyun’s eyes that he needed Min-Ah as much as I did. Of course, she deserved someone better than me. She needs a man, not just a boy who gives up easily. She needs Kyuhyun, not me.

 

And here I am, crying over what was my fault. I could have just told her my name. I could have just told her who I was. Maybe she would remember. But, it was wrong. She belonged to Kyuhyun. I wish I went to Seoul with her. Then maybe, she would forget me. This won’t happen.

 

I don’t really care what I looked right now. For once, I needed to be myself. Not Lee Taemin, just Taemin. I didn’t care what other people would say about me. I didn’t care about anything at all. Nor did I care about myself. People looked at me like I’m planning to jump off a bridge. Not that I’m planning to.

 

I went to the places we’ve been before, Shibuya, Ichikawa, Shirogane, the restaurant where we ate, the Sanrio store, the hotel. And now, I’m here at the place where it all began. The Hachiko Monument.

 

“Konichiwa!” a female voice said behind me.

“Konichiwa!” I said and faced her. The moment I recognized her, my legs started to shake badly.

 

“Are you , by any chance, Lee Taemin?” she asked me.

“Yeah, and you are?” I asked, unable to hide my smile.

“Min-Ah. Bang Min-Ah.” She answered.

Before I could say another word, she approached me and embraced me.

 

“Finally.” She whispered with relief.

“Finally.” I told her.

“I remember you.” She said.

“I knew you would.” I told her, tightening the embrace.

 

 

And I kissed her for the whole world to see.