Photograph

Photograph

 

Chapter 12 – “Stolen Shot”

 

There was no problem remembering my classmates, I recognized them immediately.

I was seated next to Kyuhyun, he taught me lessons I had missed. But seating beside him gave me a different feeling. It felt really good but, it was bad at the same time. It was unusual, annoying, and most of all, disturbing.

For the whole month, until this day, the word ‘different’ was lingering on my mind, because I really felt something was really going wrong here.

First, I forgot the guy whom I met at Bi Cheui. Second, Kyuhyun was acting like a gentleman since I was at the hospital. He would usually ditch me for StarCraft but now, he won’t.

 

Mr. Kim was still discussing and I had no idea what it was about so I decided not to listen and think about the boy at Bi Cheui instead. Maybe he had mistaken me for another girl. Maybe he was drunk at that time. Maybe he really hadn’t known me and I wasn’t playing his game so he decided to fake it. Maybe it was all real and I had really forgotten him. Which is which?

 

My thoughts ended when the bell rang for lunch.

“Let’s go?” Kyu asked.

“Okay.” I answered and stood up from my seat.

 

I ate lunch with Kyuhyun, Sungjong and Hyeri.

“So, how’s your day?” Hyeri asked and leaned on the table.

“It’s going really well but there are still things I can’t remember.”

“Why don’t you just bump your head or what. Maybe something might happen.” Sungjong joked.

“Ow, shikoro!” I barked out and ate my food.

 

We joked for a few minutes when I saw a blond-haired guy near the soda machine. Was that the guy I saw last night?

His eyes fleeted over our table and landed on me. Our eyes met for a split second and he stood frozen on the spot. I gathered up the strength and stood up from my seat and approached him.

 

“Chamkanman,” I muttered to my friends as I walked out of the table.

“Where are you going?” Kyu asked.

“She’ll look for a place to bump her head.” Sungjong answered.

“No, I have to look for something.” I reasoned, my eyes still on the blond-haired guy.

“Let me help you.” Kyu said.

“No, I—I can manage.” I answered.

“Okay, tell me if you need my help.” He said.

 

I immediately went on without giving him an answer. I had to know who the blond-haired guy was. I needed to know.

As I approached him, someone came in between us and the moment was gone. He blinked, bringing himself back to the situation, and immediately walked away.

 

“Hey!” I called out, half-ran just to catch up. At the same time, he stopped.

 

“I still can’t remember you.” I said, almost a whisper.

 

 

“You don’t have to.” He said, his back facing me. In an instant, he walked away.

AYSH! MWOYAAA! >.<