Photograph

Photograph

 

Chapter 8 – “Zoom In”

 

We spent the whole week together. The kiss was forgotten, and so was Kyuhyun.

Taemin and I went to different places, Ichikawa Club and Shirogane University (his current school), to name a few. We explored the whole city, did unusual things, tried cosplay for a day, ate weird things, and danced like crazy.

Today, it’s a Monday, and I’m going back to Seoul.

 

“I’m gonna miss you.” I told him.

“You know I will too.” He answered and took my hand.

“But, more than that.” He finished.

Ommo, what is he going to say? “Marry me, Bang Min-Ah?” something like that?

“Why?” I asked, unable to hide my smile. C’mon, make this a good one, Lee Taemin.

“Because… Suki Desu.” He told me.

“You don’t have to translate that for me.” I joked.

“I know.” He said, and smiled. Like the way I wanted him to.

“Yeah, I like you too.” Oops, did I just say that?

“Really?” he asked, a bit shocked.

“Yep.”

“Since when?”

“Since the time you invited me to a tour and I held your hand and you didn’t make a fuss.”

“Really,”

“Yes.”

“I’ll miss you.”

“Me too. Well, I have to go, Lee Taemin.” I said as I picked up my bag.

“Wait.” He said. Is he gonna marry me right off?

“Yes?”

“Look!” he pointed out to my left and I looked. When I tried to tell him nothing was there, our lips met.

Now, imagine kissing your lifelong crush. Your dream comes true. Eternal happiness. Indescribable feeling. Like you want to jump off a cliff because you know he’ll catch you at the bottom and kiss you when you reach his arms.

“I wish we could stay like this forever.” He told me as he broke the kiss.

“Yeah, I wish we could.”

“But you have to go.”

“You could follow me to Seoul.”

“I don’t know.”

“Just tell me, okay?”

“Sure, I’ll e-mail you.”

“Well, I have to go.” And I hugged him. I’ll miss this guy. I’ll never see him again. If I do, I won’t be able to recognize him anymore.

“Oh, here. Take this. Open it when I’m off.” I gave him an envelope.

“Thank you.” He told me.

 

“Bang Min-Ah?” he called out as I walked away.

“What, Lee Taemin?” I shouted for him to hear me.

“Saranghaeyo.” He told me, formed a heart shape using his arms.

 

I couldn’t answer. I ran to him and hugged him as hard as I could. That was the last thing I could give him. An embrace, a sign of remembrance. A mark of our friendship. The sign of parting ways. Goodbye.

 

Tears fell from my eyes as I walked away. I’m sorry, let’s not meet again, Lee Taemin. I never meant to hurt you.