Photograph

Photograph

 

Chapter 2 - "Twist and Turns"

 

“Okay, we’re here.” He said.

I looked around and took some pictures. The place was quite old, maybe a decade-old. The entrance reminded me of old Japanese action movies.

“This place stood for about 20 to 30 years. It’s best known for its Sushi and shabu-shabu.” Taemin filled me in.

“I want some sushi.” I told him.

“Then, this is the place for that.” He assured and winked at me.

“Well, what are we waiting for? Let’s go inside!” I said, half-dragging him inside the restaurant.

 

The place was warm and cozy, despite its old look from outside. It was also colourful, with lots of red and orange. The wooden tables looked great too, it matched the whole place.

 

“Oh, ya! You guys are Korean right?” a girl from afar asked us.

“Yes.” Taemin answered for both of us.

“Can you speak Japanese?”

“Uh, yes.”

“Can you come here a sec and talk to this waitress? She doesn’t seem to understand what I’m trying to say.” She pleaded and smiled.

As we approached their table, I realized she was with another person. And that person was him! The one I saw near the Hachiko Monument.

“So, what is it?” Taemin asked the girl.

“Tell her that we want to have sushi n omit the mangoes for the other because Kyu doesn’t like it. And, tell her we prefer to have rice wine than tea.”

Instead of letting Taemin translate it, I started to talk to the waitress in Japanese.

“Wa, you’re fluent.” The girl said with awe.

That was the first time I noticed her beauty. She was really, really pretty; she could pass for a model for Etude House. She had long, silky, black hair. Her skin was like porcelain, she looked like a doll. Her body structure was petite. Her eyes were midnight black and her smile was genuinely awesome.

“Thanks.” I replied and noticed that the guy she’s with was looking at me.

“By, the way.” The girl said, trying to disturb me.

“I’m Seohyun, and this guy is Kyuhyun.” She gestured to the guy across her.

 

SHE HADN’T SAID “BOYFRIEND”.

 

“I’m Min-ah, and this is Taemin.” I answered.

“Come join us since you guys are here and you helped us.” Seohyun said.

She was nice but the guy across her looked pale. He looked like he was about to jump off a cliff.

“Oh, su—“

“Thanks, but we’d rather get going.” I told her, cutting Taemin in mid-sentence.