Photograph

Photograph

 

Chapter 14 – “Blurred”

 

I don’t want to enter the gates. There’s something inside. And I don’t want to know what it is.

 

The school has been filled with white and pink balloons, female students blushing, guys giving out white chocolates. Every student loves this day, EXCLUDING ME. ONLY ME.

Morning passed like a blur, I still haven’t seen Kyu. Maybe he’s sick or something. Sungjong told me he had better things to do at home, maybe his car broke. At least, there’s no surprise.

Though, I admit, he doesn’t care about anything, even about me, I feel bad. He’s not exerting effort. I’m the only one doing all the work here. I’m the one who does the apologizing, the caring, the mending, the EVERYTHING.

 

Well, maybe I got it wrong because a student handed me a white rose.

Each rose given was multiplied twice. Every step I took on my way to the room, I was handed roses. Every student who saw me was filled with envy.

Now, this was something.

Sungjong pulled me and showed me another way, when I was almost inside the room.

This time, it was a carpet of rose petals. It led me to the playground where a person was waiting for me, and, no doubt.

It was Kyuhyun. Cho Kyuhyun, with a big smile on his face.

 

“Better things to do at home, huh?” I imitated Sungjong.

“I did my best at lying.” He reasoned and winked at me.

 

He led me to Kyuhyun, who was inside a big heart. I entered it.

“Hey.” I said.

“Hey.” He answered.

 

Slowly, he walked towards me and handed me a box of white chocolates.

 

“Though this is not enough, let me make it right this time.” He told me sincerely.

In order to hide my tears of joy, and to show my happiness, I hugged him.

 

But instead of hiding it, it trickled down my cheek when I saw someone with wounded eyes in the middle of the crowd, directly looking at me.

 

It was him, the blond-haired guy.