Photograph

Photograph

 

Chapter 13 – “Film”

 

AFTER A MONTH…

 

My thoughts about that guy still bothered me. I saw him yesterday at the gym, but he ignored me. He still had that same look when we see each other.

He stares at me like he knows something I don’t, which I find annoying because I know he really does.

 

“It’s Valentine’s Day tomorrow, any plans?” Jiyeon asked, while she tried to balance the icing on her cake.

“I don’t know. Kyu didn’t mention anything.” I answered as I tried to hide my annoyance because I didn’t really care.

“Well, maybe it’s a surprise or something.” She muttered.

“Oh no, Kyu knows I don’t like surprises.”

“Really?”

“Yep. Trust me, he knows.”

“What if there’s a surprise waiting for you?”

“Well, let’s just say it’s a surprise that your cake has more icing it needs.” I told her.

“Shoot! Aysh. I almost blew it up.” She said and immediately scraped off the excess.

 

I don’t expect anything from Kyuhyun at all. Well, maybe there’s a little part in my head that’s telling me that I should expect something from him. Of course, it would be such a pain if the whole school’s the audience.

He knows I hate surprises. I don’t like the feeling of being caught off-guard. When you think nothing’s up and then out of nowhere, a loud “SURPRISE!” jumps off.

 

I ate the cake instead of giving it to him. He doesn’t like cakes; he hates the icing down to the filling.

I just don’t get it, he hates almost all the things that I love. We just don’t click, like there’s no spark between us.

Except those moments when he’s in a good mood and he likes to take long walks with me. Take me outside and hangs out with me.

I hate the things he does. I don’t like the way he treats me in front of his friends. I don’t like the way he frankly tells me something embarrassing, or even something too disgusting in front of people. I hate the way he plays computer games for a whole night. I hate the way he curses out loud. I hate his ways of making me happy, they’re always too boring or too lame. Most of all, I hate his surprises. There was this time when I first got home from hospital and he surprised me with a horror looking cake.

 

I hope no surprise happens for me tomorrow.