Photograph

Photograph

 

 

Chapter 5 – “Negative Copy”

 

I was still light-headed when I went to my room. I didn’t even realize someone was knocking on the door until I heard someone talk from outside.

“Who would be knocking on the door at this time?” I muttered to myself. Leave me in peace, I still have to sleep. I have a date tomorrow.

I exactly knew who the person was after I looked through the peep hole.

 

Nope, you guessed wrong. It wasn’t Taemin. It was my ex-boyfriend, Kyuhyun.

The guy at the Hachiko Monument, the guy Seohyun was with, the one at the sushi restaurant. The person who gave me the shoes I treasured. My past lover. Now, my enemy. Yep, it’s him. Oh, I forgot to tell you.

 

Should I open the door?

No, I didn’t need explanations, right? Explaining is useless once the person makes up his mind not to listen.

Yes, I wanted to know why he’s here. Is he following me around? Want to patch up things with me? Or is he simply trying to make me jealous?

 

NO, I shouldn’t open it. He doesn’t mean anything to me anymore. I don’t need him. I don’t want him. He’s not right for me. Never was, never will.

Right, I won’t open it. I could pretend I’m not here, right? Stay right where you are, Min-Ah. Fight the bad feeling, fight his presence!

 

“Min-ah sshi, are you there?” he said and continued to knock.

Of course, it’s obvious I’m not here. The door’s not opening. Just go, leave me alone! You don’t have a space to stay. Go!

 

My phone, it’s vibrating!

And the knock on the door stopped. I got my phone and checked to see who was calling. It was Kyuhyun’s number.

I’m not going to answer it. FAT CHANCE.

 Well, what’s the point when your phone says it’s already a missed call? Then, I’ll just listen to what he has to say.

 

“Min-Ah, it’s me Kyuhyun. I know you’re wondering why I suddenly called. It’s just that… Look, I saw you today here in Japan. I just want to talk to you. Settle things straight, put the pieces back together. Fix them up. And hey, I really like it here. I wish I came here with you. You’re right, the flight’s not long too. (Long Silence) Anyway, if you ever get my message, call me. Okay? I’ll wait. Bye.”

 And click, that was his message.

I looked at the peephole, he was still there. But there’s no way I’m going to open the door.

 

But, chance was not on my side. I had to blame myself for my clumsiness. Because I sneezed, this caused the table beside me to shake and the jar to break.

 

“Min-Ah, I know you’re there. Open the door.” Kyu said.