Photograph

Photograph

 

Chapter 6 – “Side by Side”

 

Of course, I had to do what I had to.

I’m going to open the door. With no guns, no bombs, no excuses.

 

“What do you want?” I asked furiously the moment I opened the door.

“Let’s settle things.” He told me calmly.

“We have already settled them in Seoul. There’s no way I’m going to discuss things again here with you. I’m trying to live in peace, Kyu. Stop bothering me, go home.” I fired back.

“Look, if you think you’re the only one having a hard time –“

“It’s not me, it’s you Kyu. IT WAS YOU. You were the one who did not agree for us to come here. You told me I was too lame, too boring. You never agreed when I decided. You said we should, aniya, I SHOULD stick on to what you think because you’re older than me.” I cut through his sentence, omitting the ‘WE’ because we’re apart now. I have my own side.

“Let’s stroll outside.” He said, half-dragging me.

“No! No more, no less. I had my share. The game is over. I won’t settle for you, never. Just… just go, Kyuhyun. Leave me alone, go away!” I snapped right back at him.

There. I said it. I won’t beat around the bush.

“I’m just trying to win you back.” He broke.

“There’s no way you can. Not anymore. I’m fed up, let me go.” I told him coldly.

“Min-Ah”

“Leave me, Cho Kyuhyun.” I eyed him.

“This conversation is not over. Yet.” He told me.

 

And he walked away.

Why am I like this? He was already begging, for God’s sake, Min-ah! Just like the way you wanted it to be. Why did you blow up everything? Why didn’t you give him a chance? You know you still love him, and now you’re letting him go? You think you’re going to see him again? If you think you could, it’s the time when he’ll be walking down the aisle with Seohyun!

No, stop it. You made your choice. That choice is to let go. Let him go.

So why are you crying? What’s so sad about letting him go? You have to think about yourself, too. Gwaenchana. Stop.  Just stop there, okay? Give it up, give him up. You can’t find happiness with him.

I have to stop now, it was long over. Right, I’ll just think about my future. Yeah, the hell I should, because the moment I heard someone talk, I knew I had to stop crying. And simply because this person, hopefully, has something to do with my future.

 

“Min-Ah, that guy we both saw at the restaurant, he’s your ex-boyfriend?” Taemin said from afar.

 

 

I didn’t even notice he was there. Eottoke?