Photograph

Photograph

 

Chapter 18 – “Roll”

 

“Just tell me, please?” I forced the hell out of him, as I followed him on his way to the lockers.

“No, Min-Ah.” He resisted.

“Why? Why are you doing this to me? Why are you making me suffer?”

“Because this is not right!” he shouted, banged his hand on his locker and as he did, it opened causing books to fall off the floor.

 

One book caught my eye. Photos were inserted on the pages.

 

“These photos…” I said, picking them up one by one. They were stolen photos of him smiling. The photos were familiar. Like I’ve seen them somewhere before.

“Don’t touch them!” he said, and pulled them away from my hands.

“Wait, I’m sorry, but they look so familiar.” I told him.

“Do you remember anything?” he asked all of a sudden.

“I don’t. But they’re familiar.” I said.

“Dwaeseo, it doesn’t matter.” He said and walked away.

 

The photos looked familiar. There was also one photo where he was with a girl. I was not able to see who she was because he immediately snatched it away from my hands.

Think hard, Min-Ah. Who was he? Was he someone you should know or even care for, perhaps?

I don’t get it. Why was he so angry at me? He could tell me his name and I might remember immediately. Why was he making it hard for me? Why was he keeping things from me? Did he mean something to me? If he did, I would remember. But why? Why him, of all the people, why couldn’t I remember him? God, help me. This is so frustrating. So suffocating. I can’t remember anything.

 

I have to think straight. He might be a friend I met before. But why was I so shocked when I heard him say ‘JAPAN’? Oh, maybe I met him there. But that’s impossible! I never went to Japan. Much worse, talk to a stranger.

Right, he might be just a friend and that he’s sad because I couldn’t remember him. But why didn’t he tell me his name? Why was he so hesitant to talk to me?

 

And why was he talking to Kyuhyun? How are they related? I need answers. I need them badly.