Photograph

Photograph

 

Chapter 16 – “Fake”

 

For the whole week, Kyuhyun never got on my nerves. He spent the whole week with me without trying to make excuses.

But today, when I was on my way to my locker, I found Kyuhyun and the blond-haired guy talking in a vacant room. I found myself hiding behind the door, eavesdropping.

 

“Don’t ever try to talk to her.” Kyu told him.

“I won’t.” the guy answered.

“It won’t be healthy for her if you forced the hell out of her. If she’ll remember you, you’re lucky. If she won’t then.” He said, no continuing.

“She’s all yours. Don’t worry.” The guy answered.

 

This is all about me. Something was wrong here. Kyuhyun is hiding something from me. Something very important.

Instead of confronting both of them, I found myself walking my way to the stairs, on my way to the rooftop. I won’t join the afternoon class. Kyu can manage without me, he’ll live.

 

A few minutes, when I got to the rooftop, I cried.

I cried for myself, for my unclear memory, for my weak heart, for my freedom, for that BLOND-HAIRED GUY.

I have to know what’s going on, I have to find that memory I’m missing. But right now, I just want to cry. I want to live in peace, forget about everything. Leave it all behind me.

 

I realized I was sitting on the cold, dirty floor so I stood up and washed my face in the sink near the door that was headed downstairs. I opened the door and peeped, thinking somebody was following me. When I concluded that no one was, I closed the door and headed straight for the sink.

I was finally free, for a half day.

 

I washed my face, getting rid of all the dirt and dried tears.

 

“You know, there’s a sink inside the female comfort room. Why are you washing your face here?” a male’s voice said behind me.

I jerked away and found myself looking into a familiar yet, utterly strange pair of brown eyes.

 

It was him, the blond-haired guy.

So much for being free.