Jung Ilhoon?

Love triangle

From opposite of Mieun, I could see her reddening cheeks as she took small bites from her food, eyes glancing sideways to her right where Minhyuk was sitting nervously. Her arm accidentally brushed against his and she froze, blushing even more before continuing to eat her food cautiously. I chuckled at the sight and shifted my gaze to Minhyuk.

As I watched him gobble up his food happily, I thought I understood why Mieun likes him. I mean, he has a very nice smile, acts and looks like a kid, is nice and friendly. I suppose Mieun also fell in love with the charisma he radiates when he raps and sings on stage, instead of liking him based on just his looks alone. I smiled and unknowingly turned to where Sungjae was sitting, only to see Minji trying to feed him.

My mood instantly changed from being happy to feeling empty inside and I lost my appetite to eat even though I was only halfway done. I know, it must be dumb and stupid to be feeling this way just because he had close interaction with another girl, and it isn’t like he’s going to like me anyway. I put down my utensils on the table and stared at my food when I felt a nudge on my right. I turned to see Ilhoon looking at me with a weird expression; was that worry?

“Gwenchanayo?”

I nodded and faked a smile to prevent him from asking any more questions but like always, he never fails to surprise me.

“Do you want oppa to feed you?” he asked softly with a smirk.

“Nandato!?” I hissed and kicked him in the leg, accidentally using too much force.

He flinched and I instantly felt bad; he was just worried about me after all. I softened and apologized to him but he didn’t seem to mind though, although I kept glancing sideways at him to see if he showed any signs of anger or irritation. After lunch, we parted ways with Mir, Eunkwang and Minhyuk since we had our own classes to go to and they had theirs. On our way back, it was kind of awkward between me and Ilhoon, since I was still feeling pretty guilty for kicking him earlier but he poked me all of a sudden.

“Yah, you’re the quiet one now”

“N-ne?”

“I said, why are you so quiet?” he placed his hands on my shoulders and turned me around to face him.

As I stared into his almond colored eyes, I could feel my cheeks starting to burn so I immediately pushed his hands off my shoulder and looked away from him.

“A-aniyo.. W-we should go before we’re too far behind,” I mumbled.

“Arasso,” he took hold of my hand and started to run after them, pulling me along with him.

When we got to the back of the classroom, Mieun and the rest were staring at us for some reason. I cocked my head to the side since I was pretty baffled why they were behaving this way until Peniel spoke.

“Ilhoon yah, your hand..” he pointed to his hand which was still holding onto my wrist.

He let go immediately and quickly went back to his seat, not saying anything. I blushed and hurried back to my seat beside Mieun when she started to bomb me with questions.

“Seoyoung ah! What’s up with you and Ilhoon? Don’t tell me you like him? What about Sungjae? I thought you had a crush-“

“Yah! You trying to let the whole world know!?”

“Aigoooo but did you see how he was blushing when Peniel pointed that out just now? I think there’s a chance that he likes you,” Mieun replied seriously.

 ‘Ilhoon likes me.. ?’

I turned to look at what they were doing but they seemed to be having a pretty normal conversation, since the three of them were laughing when Sungjae looked in my direction all of a sudden. I turned back immediately, heart beating very fast.

I still like Sungjae, right?

Since school ended early today, I could go to work at the restaurant. I managed to tell the guys that I had to leave before they could ask anything else since Mieun was the only one who knew I had a part time job outside of school. I went there on my own since I didn’t want to trouble oppa when he was already busy enough. I told Mir oppa that I was working instead and he volunteered to fetch me there. As usual, I removed my contacts and put on my glasses in the car and tied up my hair.

“I really don’t understand why you have to do this. Isn’t it better to let them know who you are so they won’t bully you?”

“Aniyo, you won’t understand,” I shook my head.

“Namjoo ah, do you want to eat together?”

“You go on first, I still have something I need to do”

I nodded and made my way to the canteen before realizing I had left my wallet in class so I walked back to take it. As I got nearer to the classroom, I heard girls talking.

“Are you serious? She’s such a nerd!”

“Of course I’m not, if she wasn’t Seungho oppa’s younger sister, I wouldn’t have even talked to her”

I sighed and got out of the car when we’ve reached.

“I’ll come and pick you up after work okay?”

“Andwae! I can go back on my own”

Mir looked at me suspiciously and I heaved a sigh of relief when he drove off without asking anything. I entered the restaurant and got changed before realizing Sungmin wasn’t here. I guess he doesn’t work here every day. I wonder where he studies at. Maybe I should ask him the next time I see him. Luckily time passed pretty fast and I was starting to regret not letting Mir fetch me home. It was kind of dark already and I was afraid that something would happen. Shaking off all negative thoughts, I left the restaurant and was about to walk when I bumped into someone.

“Joesonghamnida!” I bowed and was surprised to hear a familiar voice.

“Kyungmi?”

I looked up to see Sungmin smiling at me, but he was sweating profusely.

“Why are you sweating so much? It’s not even hot..”

“Oh.. I was practicing dance just now”

“Dance?”

“Ne, I love dancing,” he answered smiling.

He seemed pretty attractive at that moment, the way his eyes sparkled when he was talking about his interest. He reminded me of MBLAQ oppas; whenever I watch them sing, even if it was only a practice, they would be giving their all always. Even though it must be tiring for them to practice all day, especially for Mir oppa since he still had to balance school work, they would be continuing to practice until they were satisfied with their performance but still keep a smile on their faces. I found myself smiling as I looked at Sungmin with his messy hair. I scrunched up my nose and made a face at him which made him pout.

“Yah I’m not that smelly! I sprayed on perfume before I left!” he whined as I laughed at him.

“So what brings you here?” I asked him curiously.

“Oh.. I live a street away from you!” he beamed and my jaw dropped in surprise.

‘A street away!? Don’t tell me he saw that I walked to the apartment a block away from where we parted last time.. Thank goodness none of the MBLAQ oppas came out!’

“Jinjjayo? What a coincidence!” I faked a smile to conceal my nervousness.

“Ne, were you on your way home? Let’s walk together!” he smiled and led the way.

‘It was good that Mir oppa didn’t come and fetch me after all,’ I smiled and caught up with him.


Ahh as i was typing this chapter, i realized i had left out Peniel in the last chapter omg. Peniel oppa i'm so sorry! >_< i edited the previous chapter! he's sitting beside Mieun instead of Eunkwang! i haven't been able to update as much because i have lots of projects and i'm having my exams soon! but i promise i'll update whenever i can! thanks to all you subscribers for supporting my fic and i hope you enjoy it! ^^

@helloangel123: Ne i got your hint keke! but i can only write when i have the inspiration though :( plus i'm gonna be pretty busy from now onwards so i promise i'll try to update whenever i have time! <3

@perantique: Annyeong chingu yah! <3 hahaha! this chapter's quite boring though >_<