Are you.. ?

Love triangle

Today, the restaurant was unusually busy, probably due to the fact that it was a Friday night. Normally, Seoyoung would have had ample time to spare but not tonight. As her hands were full with plates and bowls she had cleared, a customer seated down had called for her.

“What the hell? Can’t you see my hands are full?” she cursed silently in her mind.

This was one of the few times she got pissed off at customers who had no eyes to see that she could not attend to them right away because her hands were full. The last time she worked, she had nearly cursed when a customer ordered her to attend to her despite her hands being full. Thankfully one of her colleagues saw that and hurried off to the table, saving her from trouble.

Nevertheless, Seoyoung smiled and politely asked the customer to wait while she went to put down the dishes. Just then, the weight on her hands was lifted and she turned to see Sungmin carrying the dishes in his hands instead.

“Go on, I’ll help you carry these to the dishwasher,” he smiled and went to the back.

Their fingers had touched, and Seoyoung’s heart skipped a beat. But she had to stay composed in front of the customer to take his orders. It was like this for the rest of the night; Seoyoung clearing the tables but Sungmin appearing out of nowhere to carry the heavy porcelain plates and bowls instead. Now that she thought about it, it was rare for her to see him taking orders, and she made a mental note to remember to ask him about it.

“Kamsahamnida!”

Seoyoung stood by the door and bowed to the last customer who left the restaurant before turning over the sign by the door so that it now read “closed”. She went back inside the restaurant and collapsed onto the nearest seat, her tiredness visibly showing. A bottle of banana milk was shoved into her face and she looked up at the boy standing in front of her.

“Here. Are you tired? Everyone’s changing already,” he pointed to the back and flopped down onto the seat beside hers.

“Ne.. I guess so. I’ll just change later,” Seoyoung replied and closed her eyes.

“Oh by the way, I still don’t know where you’re studying at even though we’ve chatted for quite some time,” Seoyoung suddenly sat up straight and turned to look at him.

“Ah, that. Um.. I’m having private lessons at home.. How about you? Where are you studying?”

“Cube High! I’m a freshman there though.. Oh, and I have something to tell you, remember Sungjae? He’s a freshman at Cube High too! But he’s always surrounded by fangirls though, and I’m not those type who will keep clinging onto idols I like like her..” Seoyoung’s voice trailed off.

“Jinjjayo? You both are in the same school? If that’s the case, you should try and talk to him! It isn’t everyday you get to be in the same school as your bias!” Sungmin was clearly excited now and Seoyoung looked at him weirdly.

“Yah you crazy or what? He’s a freaking idol for god’s sake, and I’m just a nobody.. His fans are so much prettier than me too..” a hint of sadness could be seen in Seoyoung’s eyes.

“And why do you seem to be so interested in this?” Seoyoung asked suspiciously, eyes forming into slits.

“Aniyo, I’m just curious because you seem to be so happy whenever you’re talking about Sungjae” Sungmin defended himself.

Seoyoung stared at him before continuing to drink her banana milk as if nothing happened.

“So close..” Sungmin muttered.

“Did you say something?”

“Ani, I was just thinking if you’re free on Sunday..”

“Ne, waeyo?” Seoyoung turned to him, confused.

“Ah, I have tickets to Infinite’s summer concert and I was wondering if you want to go with me..”

“Jinjjayo!? Ne! I was going to buy it but all the tickets were sold out before I could do so. Gomawo Sungmin ah!” Seoyoung jumped up and down excitedly.

Sungmin chuckled at her childish actions and went to the back to change.

“Annyeong Kyungmi ah,” the other waitresses and waiters waved as they passed by Seoyoung who was busy texting Mieun telling her about the good news.

Her gaze broke away from her phone and she waved back to them before heading to the back to retrieve her belongings. As she turned round the corner, she accidentally walked in on Sungmin who was half-. Seoyoung gasped and apologized before running back into the restaurant, heart beating so fast that she couldn’t calm down.

Meanwhile, Sungmin chuckled to himself at the sight of Seoyoung running out and put on his singlet and cardigan.

“When can I tell you.. ? Why do I have this feeling that I’ll regret it?” he sighed and gathered his belongings before heading out.

A few moments later, he came out and saw Seoyoung hitting herself on the head with her hands.

“Aigoo, why are you so cute?” he thought and walked up to her.

“Yah what are you doing? Hitting yourself like that.. Palli go change! it’s late already”

Seoyoung looked up and felt a sense of déjà vu; Even his dressing style was so similar. But it was impossible, right? She nodded and cleared her mind before walking to get changed back into her school uniform. She unlocked her phone and her heart sank when she saw dozens of missed calls and messages from MBLAQ oppas.

“Oh my god, I’m so screwed,” she muttered and called back.

“WHERE THE HELL ARE YOU!? WHY DIDN’T YOU ANSWER MY CALLS!?” Seungho’s voice boomed through the speakers and Seoyoung had to pull her phone away from her ear before she went deaf.

“Mianhae oppa, I was at work. I thought I told you already?”

“Oh. I forgot.. I presume you ended work already? Wait there for me, I’m coming! Don’t go anywhere!”

“Gwenchana oppa, I can go-“

The phone line went dead and Seoyoung sighed.

“What took you so long?” Sungmin whined. “I nearly fell asleep!”

“I was calling my oppa,” Seoyoung chose her words carefully.

“Mmm. Let’s go, it’s getting late already,” he stood up and pulled her along.

“Aniyo, oppa’s coming to pick me up. You can go first,” she wriggled out from his grip.

“Ani, what if something happens to you before he’s here? I’ll wait here with you,” he insisted and sat back down onto the seat.

Seoyoung hesitantly sat down and kept glancing over to the entrance to see whether there was any sign of her oppa. If Sungmin saw her with Seungho, that’s it. He would know she was Seoyoung and not Kyungmi like she claimed. Although she felt bad for lying to him, but she only did that for self-defence. She didn’t want history to repeat itself. She was starting to treat him as a friend, if not something more, because he actually liked her for who she was, and not because her brother was a celebrity. She wanted so much to tell him the truth but she was afraid he would get angry and ignore her.

*Honk honk*

Seoyoung looked out and saw the familiar black car. She grabbed her stuff and ran out, not waiting for Sungmin to react.

“Close the door for me okay? Gomawo!” she shouted over her shoulder at Sungmin who was still trying to grasp the situation.

“Yah!”

He finally realized what happened but it was too late; the car drove off with Seoyoung.

“Did you think I don’t know who you really are? You’ll let slip your real identity someday after all,” he sighed and slowly walked back to his dorm after making sure to lock the restaurant.

“Why can’t you talk to me like this when we’re in school?”


Is this style of writing okay? or is writing from Seoyoung's POV better? molla ㅜㅜ this chapter is just trying to illustrate how close Seoyoung is with Sungmin now. something is going to happen to the 2 of them so stay tuned ^^ and i'm really thankful to all my subscribers, really ㅜ you guys motivate me to write but because i'm having my exam this friday, i might not be able to update anytime again soon. i promise to write if i manage to have the time though! ^^

@CreamyBumblebee11: Gomawo ㅜㅜ i really appreciate that you love my story ㅜㅜ

@korean97: That's for me to know and for you to find out ㅋㅋ you wanna try guessing? keke

@helloangel123: Gomawo #1 fan ㅎㅎ it's okay! AFF is so weird nowadays. sometimes i can log in but sometimes i can't >_<

@pikachu97: Hello new reader! ㅋㅋ hope you'll enjoy this story! ^^

@kpopmusiclover: Haha there's a reason why he asked so much, and it's about Sungjae too ㅋㅋ