Lotte World Part 1

Love triangle

“Peniel hyung, which is better? This or this?”

Sungjae held out a black sleeveless V-neck with a navy blue ripped cardigan on one hand, and a grey ripped hoodie on the other. Peniel stared at him and sighed.

“Both are fine, really. Why do you keep changing into different outfits and asking which is good when you’ve been at it for half an hour? Just who are you meeting later? It’s the first time you’re not spending our off day together..” Peniel pouted.

“I promise it’s just this once! Tell me pleaseeeeeee?” Sungjae whined.

“Arasso arasso. You’re going to Lotte World right? I suggest you better wear your hoodie and bring along your shades just in case any melody recognizes you.. I think Jiyong hyung's gonna kill you if you get involved in a scandal”

“Gomawo hyung!” Sungjae hugged him and quickly went off to change since he still needed to style his hair.

Half an hour later, Sungjae made his way to the door happily and left after saying goodbyes to the rest of the BTOB members.

“Yah, he’s been really weird recently.. Since when does he help out at his mum’s restaurant so frequently? It’s always once in a few months.. I bet he’s meeting some girl who’s working there!” Eunkwang exclaimed.

“How do you know?” Changsub questioned.

“Isn’t it obvious? He’s wearing his glasses you pabo!” Minhyuk laughed at him.

“Speaking of which, that girl either doesn’t know us or she’s dumb.. How can she not recognize Sungjae even though he’s wearing glasses?” Changsub rolled his eyes.

“Yah that’s rude!” Eunkwang glared at him.

“Hyung, since we don’t have any plans for the day, wanna go Lotte World? We can have fun there and maybe get to bump into him too!” Ilhoon suggested evilly.

“Can I ask my classmates along? You know, the ones who we had lunch with the other time? We also did our assignments together,” Peniel asked.

“Ah! Seoyoung and Mieun right? Sure!”

-

“Is that Mieun?” Minhyuk pointed to a girl who just got out of a black van.

The girl stood by the door and talked to someone inside before closing the door. As the van drove off, she stood by to watch it leave the area before making her way to the entrance.

“Duh. Who else has the windows of their van screened? And I’m positive I saw Dongwoo seonbaenim at the driver seat..” Ilhoon remarked, earning a hit on the head by Minhyuk.

“Annyeong!” Mieun smiled brightly.

“Annyeong!”

6 voices replied at once.

“You’re alone? Where’s Seoyoung?” Peniel asked as he looked around.

“She has something on today so she couldn’t make it”

“Ah gwenchana, another time then, since Sungjae couldn’t make it as well,” Peniel smiled.

“Let’s go get our tickets yay!” Changsub rushed to the ticketing counter without waiting for the rest.

“Aish this Changsub..” Eunkwang shook his head and followed.

Because it was a Sunday, there were locals and tourists queuing to buy tickets to get into Lotte World despite the hot weather. Eunkwang and the rest waited by the side while Changsub was queuing alone. Eunkwang was dressed in a white top with a wolf printed on it and a studded blazer; Minhyuk was in a striped long sleeved shirt; Changsub was in a red printed shirt and wearing geek spectacles paired with a cap; Hyunsik was in a simple white tee accessorized with a long triangular shaped pendant necklace and a straw fedora; Peniel was in his trademark V-neck purple shirt and shades while Ilhoon was in a striped shirt with a red studded bangle as accessory. Mieun was dressed in a simple but cute shirt, paired with shorts that had laces at the ends.

“Ah it’s so hot!” Eunkwang complained as he tried to fan himself with his hands but failed.

“That’s because you’re wearing such a thick blazer in this kind of weather!” Hyunsik rebutted and everyone laughed.

“Yah it’s my favorite.. And I didn’t know it would be this hot! Jiyong hyung drove our van away already so even if I want to put in the car, I can’t,” Eunkwang replied sadly.

“If you don’t mind, do you want to put it in my bag? There’s a lot of space,” Mieun suggested.

“Jinjja? Gomawo ah Mieun!” Eunkwang’s eyes brightened and he took off his blazer immediately and passed it to Mieun after folding it neatly.

“I got our tickets!” Changsub came running over and shouted.

After he distributed the tickets evenly, everyone started to make their way to the entrance. The first thing they did was to go to the nearest store to grab some cold drinks before they started exploring the place. They really looked like little kids who hadn’t gone to the theme park in ages, which was true, since they had been training like crazy the past few years before they debuted. Mieun looked at them getting so excited over the different rides and giggled. Her gaze flickered to the person in front of her and she smiled, happy that she got to spend time with him even though it wasn’t alone but it was better than nothing. In fact, she was sure that if she had spent time with him alone, she would be so nervous that she couldn’t even talk so she was thankful that Peniel asked her out.

Just then, the person responsible for her smile turned behind.

“Mieun ah, which ride do you wanna go on? You decide,” Minhyuk slowed down to match her pace and smiled.

“A-anything,” Mieun stuttered and kept her gaze fixed onto the ground.

“I wanna ride that! The roller coaster!” Ilhoon shouted all of a sudden and pointed to what looked like the highest roller coaster in Lotte World.

“Ne ne, let’s go and queue then!” Eunkwang patted his dongsaeng’s head and led the way.

“Let’s go!” Minhyuk held onto Mieun’s hands and pulled her along, unaware that her cheeks had turned red.

It wasn’t a really good idea to have come to Lotte World on a Sunday, but it was the only day the boys could rest so there was nothing to be done except to queue and wait for their turn. The wait seemed to be short, probably because they were all playing around and disturbing each other. Only Minhyuk stayed out of it and kept Mieun entertained instead.

“Say, do you have a boyfriend?”

Mieun was surprised at the sudden question and shook her head.

“Aniyo, oppa will kill me if I have one,” she chuckled.

“Ah jinjja? But I’m sure you have lots of suitors right? Since you’re so pretty and your oppa’s an idol”

“Um.. I guess so?” Mieun replied in a low voice.

“I-“

Before he could start his sentence, Eunkwang gestured for all of them to make their way to the seats. Mieun chose the inner seat and Minhyuk climbed in beside her. To be honest, Mieun was afraid of playing such rides only for the first time. Minhyuk might have noticed because he suddenly placed his hands on top of hers.

“Are you scared?” He asked softly.

Mieun nodded and kept her gaze fixed onto the hand bar, not daring to look to the front. When the ride started, screams could be heard from everywhere. Some were screams of excitement while others were screams of terror. Mieun didn’t scream of course, all she did was to grip the hand bar even harder until her veins were showing. It was about 2 minutes when the ride ended and everyone started to get out. Minhyuk got out first and he extended his hand to Mieun who took it gratefully.

“Yah you’re such a scaredy cat!” Minhyuk and lightly punched her.

“I’m not!” Mieun retorted, pouting.

“Wasn’t that the most exciting ride ever!” Ilhoon gushed excitedly while there was someone else who looked quite sick.

“Ugh why did I go on it again?” Eunkwang groaned and the members all laughed at him.

“The Viking ship next!” Ilhoon pointed to the attraction beside and started to pull Eunkwang towards that direction.

“You sure you wanna go on that?” Minhyuk asked Mieun worriedly when he thought she saw her face change.

“Ne,” Mieun smiled and followed in Ilhoon’s footsteps.

“Yah isn’t that Sungjae?” Hyunsik suddenly pointed.

“Where where where!” Changsub exclaimed excitedly, looking in the direction Hyunsik had pointed and everyone gathered around Hyunsik.

A distance away, there was a guy wearing a grey hoodie with jeans walking with a girl who was wearing an oversized top with shorts. As they turned to talk to each other, Mieun and the rest saw that they were wearing spectacles.

“Are you sure that’s Sungjae? Since when does he wear glasses?” Mieun questioned.

“That’s him alright, I was the one who picked his clothes for him,” Peniel spoke up suddenly.

“He’s wearing glasses because he’s going out with someone from his mum’s restaurant-” Ilhoon started.

“Shh!” Eunkwang hissed but it was too late.

“His mum’s restaurant? His mum owns a restaurant? Is it xxx restaurant?” Mieun’s eyes widened.

“Wait, how did you know? I thought we kept it to ourselves.. Did you hear this news from another fan?” Eunkwang asked, surprised and worried at the same time.

“Ah, um.. Aniyo, there was once I walked past and I really like the appearance of the restaurant,” Mieun replied, a little too fast.

“Jinjjayo? Sungjae will be happy to hear that,” Eunkwang smiled and Mieun heaved a sigh of relief.

‘There’s something weird going on here.. That girl is Seoyoung but it seemed like none of them had recognized her.. But Seoyoung definitely told me she was going out with Sungmin.. I need to ask her about it’

Mieun was deep in thought and didn’t realize they had walked off without her until she heard her name being called.

“Mieun ah! How long are you going to keep standing there?” Changsub called out and she hurried over to where they were.

“I thought you said you wanted to stalk them,” Changsub nudged Ilhoon and smirked.

“My ride is more important than him! Besides I’m sure he’ll get mad if we follow them..” Ilhoon mumbled.

“Hmm? Since when were you so thoughtful?” Minhyuk and Ilhoon glared at him.

“Yah how dare you stare at your hyung?!” Minhyuk said in mock anger and headlocked him.

Everyone laughed at him while looking at his futile efforts to escape from Minhyuk but in the end, Minhyuk released him a while later when he felt that Ilhoon was punished enough. It took them lesser time to get onto the Viking ship because it could accommodate more people at one go as compared to the roller coaster. Mieun sat in between Eunkwang and Peniel.

As the Viking ship swung to the left and right, Mieun could feel her heart dropping and she screamed without her realizing. When they finally got off, all of them except Eunkwang was smiling at her weirdly. Especially Ilhoon, who had a smirk on his face.

“Waeyo?” Mieun asked, after she had recovered.

“Minhyuk oppa, saranghaeeeeeeeeeeeeee!” Ilhoon mimicked and the rest of them except Eunkwang and Minhyuk roared into laughter.

Eunkwang was still trying to recover from the shock so he didn’t even bother responding while Minhyuk was as embarrassed as Mieun was.

“Yah! You guys shouldn’t !” Minhyuk scolded Ilhoon.

“Oooo, is someone angry I teased his precious Mieun?” Ilhoon kept laughing until Minhyuk hit him on the head.

“Ouch, hyung, that hurts,” he pouted and Minhyuk glared at him.

Throughout the day, for some reason, Mieun always ended up sitting with Minhyuk after that, even while eating. Mieun was embarrassed that she didn’t dare to look in his direction, let alone talk to him. But Minhyuk managed to relieve the awkward atmosphere between them by whining that Mieun was ignoring him. That made Mieun retort back that she wasn’t and that was how they started talking again. By night, everyone got really tired and decided to go back since they still had class the next day and practice after that.

“How are you going home? Infinite seonbaenims have their last day of concert now right?” Minhyuk turned to Mieun and asked.

“I’ll just catch a cab back, don’t worry,” Mieun nodded and smiled.

“Aniyo, it’s getting late and it probably won’t be safe for a girl like you. I’ll ask Jiyong hyung to send you back,” Eunkwang shook his head.

“Ah, no need for the trouble-“

“It’s no trouble at all, don’t worry,” Minhyuk smiled.

In the van, Mieun sat beside the window and fell asleep in no time, probably because she was so tired. Her head knocked onto the window lightly and Minhyuk, who was seating beside her, gently moved her head so that she was leaning on his shoulder now. He smiled at her sleeping face and turned his attention back to his iphone.

“Mieun ah, wake up! We’re here!” Ilhoon yelled from the back and immediately got hit by Peniel.

“Don’t be so rude!” Peniel glared at him.

Mieun shot up when Ilhoon shouted suddenly and she accidentally kicked the side of the van.

“Ouch..” Mieun rubbed her leg and gathered her stuff.

“Gwenchanayo?” Minhyuk asked her and she nodded.

“Kamsahamnida! Uh.. Jiyong sshi?” Mieun bowed before she got down the van.

“No problem,” He smiled.

“Annyeong Mieun ah!” BTOB shouted from inside the van and waved.

“Annyeong!” Mieun smiled before closing the door and waited for their van to drive off before heading into her house.

“Seoyoung should be at Infinite’s concert now, hope she’s having fun! I had fun today too.. I totally wasn’t expecting to have so much interaction with Minhyuk oppa! And ugh, I still can’t believe I screamed that.. And in front of him at that!” Mieun thought aloud in frustration as she closed the door behind her.

She unlocked her phone screen to see a new message from an unknown number and nearly dropped her phone when she read it.

‘To: Mieun

Annyeong! I used your phone to call mine.. I hope you don’t mind ^_^

If you do, let me know and I’ll delete your number from my contacts T_T

Rest early! See you around in school hopefully! ^_^

From: Minhyuk oppa’


Abrupt ending omg because I have no idea how to end it >_< I’m off focus for this chapter I know, but I just wanted to write this for a very good friend of mine, since she really loves minhyuk. ㅋㅋI promise it’ll be back to Seoyoung and Sungjae the next chapter! Ah I named the restaurant xxx because I couldn’t think of a name for it >_< Thanks to my new subscribers by the way! ^^ Gomawo! <3

I’m having such a hard time trying to level up in infinite fancafe omg it’s killing me! It’s so much harder than BTOB’s ㅜ

@CreamyBumblebee11: Gomawo! ^^ /throws hearts/

@korean97: Ahh was it too obvious? >_< but anyway this chapter would have spoiled everything hahaha.