Closer

Love triangle

“Ahh! I’m going to be late! Why didn’t you wake me up!?” I yelled as I grabbed a bottle of banana milk from the fridge before rushing off to wear my shoes.

“Yah! You’re old enough to be waking up on your own! And I forgot your class starts earlier than mine!” Mir shouted back.

“Palli palli, I’m so late!” I ruffled my hair in frustration as Mir was trying his best to concentrate on the road.

“Gomawo oppa!” I rushed off to class, hoping that the teacher hadn’t reached but..

“Yang Seoyoung, you’re late!”

“Jeosonghamnida,” I bowed and hurried off to my seat.

“Let me guess, Mir oppa forgot again?” Mieun asked, eyes twinkling with amusement.

“Yah don’t laugh at me!” I frowned.

“Okay class, I need you to get into pairs for this assignment I’m about to give. But it will have to be a pair of 1 girl and 1 guy”

Our faces fell, the last time this happened, we ended up having a lot of problems, especially since Mieun had a lot of suitors because she was pretty. Since our teacher gave us the remaining time to form our pairs and start working on our assignment, there were lots of movement and noise in the class. We turned to each other and sighed, not moving away from our seats.

“Mieun ah, do you have a partner? Can I pair up with you?” Luhan, a guy who had been persistently wooing her went up to her.

“Um..” she looked at me for help but I couldn’t do anything since he wasn’t interested in me, and truth be told, I was hoping to pair up with Sungjae.

Before I could say anything, someone spoke.

“Andwae, both of them are taken. Mianhae”

“Peniel! Ilhoon!” we turned and exclaimed in surprise.

Luhan walked away disappointed, and a few girls who were approaching the 2 of them walked away dejected as well.

“Yah! Who said you could decide for us!” Mieun joked. “Oh, and where is Sungjae? Why isn’t he with you guys?”

“Oh he had a schedule with Minhyuk hyung and Hyunsik hyung so he’s not coming to school today,” Peniel replied.

“Oh..”

“Seoyoung ah, why do you look so disappointed?” Peniel teased.

“Y-yah! I’m not!” a pink tinge creeping onto my cheeks.

“Your face is turning red~~~” Peniel chorused and I gave him a slap on the arm.

“Ouch! That hurts,” he pouted.

“That’ll teach you not to spout nonsense!” I grinned triumphantly while Mieun and Ilhoon laughed at him.

“Yah we’re supposed to be doing our assignment instead of chatting!” Mieun scolded playfully.

“You girls can just come over to our dorm to do the assignment since it’s more convenient for us”

“Yah Jung Ilhoon! You’re thinking for yourself-“

“And Peniel”

“Whatever,” I glared at him and started to pack my bag since class was about to end.

“Where are we having lunch?” Mieun asked.

“At our dorm of course,” Peniel replied.

“What!?” we exclaimed in surprise.

“Do you even have anything edible?” I muttered under my breath and sighed.

What we didn’t expect was that there would be someone at home. We nearly got a shock when we heard shouts coming from the living room.

“Ah! You guys are finally here! Annyeonghaseyo Lim Hyunsik imnida!” a guy with eyes curved into crescents smiled at us.

“Annyeonghaseyo Lee Changsub imnida!” a guy with chubby cheeks did ppuing ppuing and winked at us.

“Annyeonghaseyo Yang Seoyoung imnida!” I smiled and bowed politely.

“Annyeonghaseyo Kim Mieun imnida!” Mieun did the same.

“Changsub hyung! Stop doing your ppuing ppuing everywhere!” Ilhoon groaned.

“Waeyo? I think it’s quite cute,” Mieun replied shyly.

“Seeee? You’re just jealous I’m cuter!” Changsub stuck out his tongue at Ilhoon and grinned.

“Forget it, what’s for lunch?”

 “We made fried rice!” Changsub announced proudly.

“Jinjjayo?” I was amazed they took the effort to cook for us.

“You don’t even cook for us!” Ilhoon whined.

“I only cook for pretty girls,” Changsub grinned and gestured for us to go to the kitchen.

“Woahhhhh!” I exclaimed when I saw the plates placed neatly on the table.

I chose a random seat and settled myself into the chair, with Mieun beside me. Changsub sat down on my other side while Peniel was beside Mieun.

“Say ahh~” Changsub brought a spoonful of fried rice to my mouth.

“I-I can eat on my own,” I turned away and hurriedly ate my food.

“Aigoo, our Seoyoung’s blushing~” Changsub teased and ruffled my hair while Mieun giggled at me.

I glared at her and she took that as the cue to shut up and continue eating. It was quite entertaining to see them disturb each other and have fun even while eating. It wasn’t long before everyone finished eating. Changsub and Hyunsik insisted that they would do the dishes and chased us off to do our assignment.

“Ah time to sleep after a good meal,” Ilhoon sighed contentedly and laid down on the sofa in the living room.

“Yah! Aren’t we supposed to be doing our assignment!?” I glared at him and tried to get him off the sofa but he wouldn’t budge.

I sighed and sat on the floor and took out the materials we needed for doing the assignment while Mieun and Peniel went somewhere else, probably his room, to do the assignment. After 2 to 3 hours, I started to get tired and decided to take a break.

“Jinjja! I can’t believe he’s really sleeping!” I complained and laid my head on the table.

I hadn’t realized I fell asleep until I was violently shaken awake by none other than Mieun. Something fell off from me when I jerked awake.

“Yah! Can you not give me a shock like this!?” I yelled in shock and surprise.

“Were you this tired that you fell asleep?” she teased.

“It’s all because of him-“

I turned to point at Ilhoon but realized he was gone. I was about to continue with the assignment when I realized it was finished.

“You’re done too right? Oppa said he’s coming to fetch us because MBLAQ oppas are still in the studio so none of them can come and pick you up”

“I can go back-“

I lifted my hand to look at the time on my watch and was surprised to see that it was already 10 plus at night. No wonder Myungsoo oppa had to come and fetch her. He’s so protective of her just like oppa is of me. I smiled and started packing my belongings before folding the leopard prints jacket neatly and placed it on the table.

‘This jacket, isn’t it his..?’

Just then, Ilhoon appeared again and he raised his eyebrows at the sight of us sitting in the living room with our things all packed up.

“You guys are leaving?”

“If not should we sleep here?” I answered sarcastically.

Before he could say anything, the doorbell rang. Ilhoon seemed surprised to have someone ringing the doorbell at such a late hour but opened the door at once when he saw who it was.

“Annyeonghaseyo” he bowed 90 degrees and I chuckled since it was a rare sight to see him be so polite.

“Annyeonghaseyo, my dongsaeng is here right? I’m here to pick her up”

Ilhoon nodded and opened the door for him to come in. Mieun practically ran to him when he entered. Someone else was here as well, and my heart skipped a beat when I saw him. His chocolate colored hair, and the dazzling smile he always had never failed to lit up my face everytime.

“Woohyun oppa!”


Ahh mianhaeyo! >_< i was really busy recently! i just finished 2 of my tests so i have some time to update! my next exam's on next friday so i'll try to update again if i manage to think of ideas! you know, i got my midnight sun album already, and now cube's releasing this limited edition midnight sun with 2 posters, 84p photobook, card case, 12 star cards, 3D card, phone cleaner. guess what's the best part? THE FREAKING ALBUM IS GLOW IN THE DARK OMFG. i can't spend again seriously. need to save up for future activities; i heard that infinite's coming Singapore in june! ㅠㅠ i hope it's really true! i really can't figure out whether i'm in a fandom anymore ㅠㅠ anyone knows what determines whether you're in a fandom? ㅠㅠ