Kim Himchan

Love triangle

“How was lunch? I could see you had fun with them,” Ilhoon joked, his eyes twinkling.

“They.. Were pretty fun to hang out with,” Seoyoung admitted.

“Yah! Are you replacing us already?!” Ilhoon replied in mock anger, arms crossed.

“Ani, how can I ever replace you guys?” Seoyoung laughed as she hit his arm playfully.

“Don’t you think they look like a couple?” Peniel whispered to Mieun loud enough for them to hear.

“I heard that!” Both Ilhoon and Seoyoung turned around at the same time and frowned.

“Even their reactions are the same!” Peniel exclaimed before they burst into laughter, except for Sungjae. Oh he laughed dryly alright.

“Say, you girls wanna come over to our studio to see us practice?” Ilhoon suggested out of the blue.

“Uh.. Are you sure it’s alright? I mean, won’t your managers disallow? After all, we’re fans of BTOB you know..” Mieun asked hesitantly.

“I’ll find a way!” Ilhoon declared triumphantly, patting his chest.

“Oh well, if you say so.. Oh! Seoyoung you have work later on right?” Mieun suddenly turned to Seoyoung.

“Yeah..”

“Just tell your manager you can’t make it last minute!” Ilhoon grinned.

“Andwae! I shouldn’t be so irresponsible! Besides, the schedule was planned already so if I don’t work, they might not have enough manpower,” Seoyoung glared at him.

“I’m sure they’ll manage,” Sungjae finally spoke up.

Seoyoung glanced at him and hesitated. After all, it was Sungjae she’s talking about. Her mind was in turmoil; To work or to watch her crush practice. As much as the latter was tempting, she decided to pick working instead.

“Maybe next time,” Seoyoung shook her head and pouted.

“Aigoo, why are you so cute?” Ilhoon cooed and pinched her cheeks.

“YAH JUNG ILHOON! COME BACK HERE!” Seoyoung shouted as she chased Ilhoon.

“These two never change,” Peniel shook his head.

“Actually I kind of wish I was in hyung’s position..” Sungjae muttered under his breath, seemingly crestfallen at the sight.

“Hmm? Did you say something?” Peniel looked at him but the younger boy only shook his head, forcing a smile.

As they were nearing the school gates, they saw someone who was waving in their direction enthusiastically.

“Who’s that?” Ilhoon asked incredulously, watching the male’s animated actions.

Seoyoung whipped her head in the direction and groaned. It was Kim Himchan, Yongguk’s close friend in B.A.P. As much as she wanted to run away, she could not. Not when Himchan was waiting by the only way out of the school. All she could do was to pretend he was non-existent. Unfortunately for Seoyoung, Himchan was not one to be ignored. As they neared the entrance with Seoyoung determinedly not looking his way, Himchan walked up to the group and stood in front of Seoyoung, blocking her way.

Because Seoyoung was determinedly facing the opposite direction, she did not notice Himchan standing right in front of her and bumped into him. To be exact, she walked straight into his chest given their height difference. His arms wrapped around her waist on instinct as he gave a cheeky grin.

“Hey princess, why are you ignoring me?” Himchan pouted and pretended to be sad.

“Hi-himchan.. What are you doing?” Seoyoung stuttered, as she tried to push him away.

“Hmm? I’m just catching you in case you fall,” He smirked playfully as he tightened his grip, pulling her closer.

“I’m sending you to work,” Himchan whispered into her ear huskily.

“Yah! You done hugging her? She obviously looks uncomfortable so let her go,” A voice said angrily.

Himchan released her and the two of them turned to see Sungjae clenching his fists and gritting his teeth in anger.

“Woah chill boy, it was just a friendly hug. We do that all the time right?” Himchan raised his arms in the air in a gesture of surrendering.

Sungjae narrowed his eyes and walked off, leaving the surprised people behind.

“What’s up with him?” Himchan asked curiously, watching the maknae walking further and further away from them.

“And anyway, I’ll be taking my princess with me, bye guys! See you around in school!” Himchan waved as he pulled Seoyoung along with him to his car, leaving the rest with their jaws dropped down in surprise.

“What.. Was that? And princess seriously? Isn’t that Mir oppa’s pet name for her?” Mieun muttered as she made a mental note to confront Seoyoung about it.

“Yah Kim Himchan! Whoever said I’m your princess?! And how the hell did you know I had work today?!” Seoyoung shouted as Himchan was trying to concentrate on driving.

“Hey hey keep it down if you do not want us to get into an accident. I’m trying very hard to concentrate on the road instead of answering, as much as I would like to,” Himchan replied calmly, keeping his hands on the steering wheel.

“Ugh..” Seoyoung groaned and looked out of the window in silence.

They reached a while later and Seoyoung immediately rushed out, leaving Himchan alone in the car. Himchan watched her figure disappearing into the restaurant and sighed.

“If only you knew..” Himchan shook off the thought and drove off.

After work, Seoyoung went to get changed and was about to leave when she saw the person she wanted to see least. Himchan was waiting outside the restaurant, as though he never left. How else would he know what time she ended work? He was leaning against his car door while waiting for Seoyoung. It was then that Seoyoung realized something; The car was Yongguk’s. She was sure of it. The few times they went out on dates in the past, Yongguk had driven this particular car. How could she not have noticed it earlier on? Yongguk would not have let anyone borrow it in case his precious car got damaged, but here his car was. Seoyoung narrowed her eyes and walked up to Himchan.

“Why the hell are you here again?” Seoyoung hissed angrily.

Part of her was pissed off at the fact that Himchan seemed to know whatever she was doing, but part of her was touched that Himchan actually tried to bring their friendship back to what it was like in the past before she broke up with Yongguk, especially when he and Yongguk had a close friendship. Himchan’s stubbornness was perhaps the one thing Seoyoung liked about him. Once he set his heart to do something, he would never give up. That was probably why they had clicked so well in the past.

“Oh you’re done, let’s go,” Himchan smiled and pushed her into the passenger seat.

“Kim Himchan! Why are you doing this?” Seoyoung asked irritably as she watched Himchan fasten his own seatbelt.

“Because I want to?” Himchan chuckled and was going to drive off when he noticed something in his rear mirror.

He smirked and leant in towards Seoyoung, leaving the latter bewildered by his actions until he got closer. Seoyoung started inching away from him when she realized Himchan was behaving weirdly; His eyes were focused on something else as she watched him pull the seatbelt over her and fastening it.

“Now we’re done,” Himchan smiled smugly as he drove off.

‘That’ll teach you not to mess with a girl that’s already taken’

A fair distance away, Sungjae was punching the wall with his fists in anger and frustration. He was planning to accompany Seoyoung home and to finally tell her the truth but he was beaten to it by Himchan. He watched as Himchan leant in towards Seoyoung and Seoyoung turned to face him but anything else was blocked by the headrest. All he could see was Seoyoung trying to move away from Himchan while he placed his hand over her shoulder. When Himchan moved back into his seat, Sungjae caught a glimpse of his smirk and his fists clenched tightly.

“I’m not going to back down this easily,” Sungjae was determined, as he made his way back to the dorm.


Just a hint, Himchan's going to play a pretty big part in the story from now onwards hehe ^-^