The Secret

Love triangle

“See you guys later!” Seoyoung waved before leaving.

The crew watched as Zelo linked arms with Seoyoung and chattered away happily, with the rest of the B.A.P members following them closely behind. If stares could kill, Zelo would probably have been dead a few hundred times already. Sungjae was glaring so hard at Zelo that it was a miracle the latter did not sense the black aura radiating from the older boy.

“Hello? Earth to Sungjae~” Peniel waved his hands in front of his face to snap him out of his daze.

“Uh yeah, lunch..” Sungjae mumbled and left for the canteen without waiting for them.

“Yah! Wait for us!” Ilhoon groaned.

“Oppa! Can I join you guys for lunch?” Minji ran up to them panting, as she gave Ilhoon her puppy eyes.

“Uh, maybe next time?” Ilhoon replied hesitantly.

“You’ve been saying that the whole time! Then why can she eat with you guys?” Minji glared at Mieun.

“Uh..”

“Because I need to discuss the assignment with her,” Peniel spoke up.

“Okay,” Minji’s shoulders deflated and walked away, but not before throwing Mieun a glare.

Mieun shrugged her shoulders, ignoring her and the trio left for the canteen to meet up with the rest. When they reached, they saw Sungjae sitting down and staring straight ahead. Their eyes followed Sungjae’s gaze, only to see him looking at the table Seoyoung and B.A.P were sitting at. Ilhoon sighed and moved to sit in front of him, blocking his view.

“Oh hi, you’re here already,” Sungjae stated flatly.

“Will you get a grip on yourself? What happened?” Ilhoon asked exasperately.

“What?” Sungjae’s voice went a few octaves higher, making all 3 of them burst into laughter.

“Yah! Why are you laughing at me!” Sungjae pouted and folded his arms, pretending to be angry.

“Aigooo, why are you so cute?” Peniel laughed and ruffled his hair while slipping into the seat beside him.

“Why is Eunkwang hyung and the rest taking so long? I’m hungry!” Ilhoon whined.

Right on cue, a group of talented hot guys walked to their table.

“Did I hear my name?”

“Ah Eunkwang hyung!” Ilhoon turned and was happy to see his hyungs all here.

“Time to eat!” Ilhoon dashed off to get food.

“That kid..” Changsub shook his head and sighed.

“Chop chop let’s go get our food!” Minhyuk clapped his hands.

“Mieun ah, what would you like to eat? I’ll go get it for you, you just stay here,” Minhyuk turned to her and smiled.

“Uh.. Kimchi jjigae!”

As they were making their way to the stalls, Eunkwang turned to Minhyuk and smiled slyly.

“What’s with that smile..?” Minhyuk asked Eunkwang cautiously.

Mieun ah! What would you like to eat? I’ll go buy for you~ Since when were you so close to her?” Eunkwang teased.

“Yah! What! You guys would have addressed her informally too!” Minhyuk retorted.

“Yeah I guess so, but we wouldn’t go to the extent of buying food for her,” Eunkwang countered, his eyes sparkling.

“Whatever, I’ll just go and get our food,” Minhyuk muttered and moved away from Eunkwang.

“Our?” Eunkwang echoed and grinned, moving in line behind Minhyuk.

“Mmm, this ish sho naish I coulda eaten another plate!” Ilhoon stuffed food into his mouth and spoke, his words all slurred together.

“Mind your manners! You’re not supposed to talk when your mouth is full!” Eunkwang glared at Ilhoon which made the latter shut up almost immediately.

“I forgot to ask, how was your Lotte World date?” Hyunsik casually asked Sungjae, which made the maknae choke on his food.

“W-what?” Sungjae spluttered as he gulped down water to clear the chokage.

“Ah yes, we forgot about it too. We’re asking how was your date you brought to Lotte World the day you didn’t join us,” Changsub smiled slyly.

“What makes you think it was a date?” Sungjae retorted.

“For your information, we saw you with a girl,” Hyunsik smirked.

“Okay fine, I was out with a girl, but she’s not my girlfriend!” Sungjae admitted and something finally clicked in Mieun’s brain.

“Sungjae, there’s something I need to ask you,” Mieun looked at him.

“Shoot,” Sungjae shrugged his shoulders.

“Privately”

“Oh okay..” Sungjae got out of his seat and the duo went somewhere else.

“What’s with the 2 of them?” Hyunsik eyed them and the rest shrugged their shoulders.

‘I have a feeling it has something to do with Sungjae’s date at Lotte World.. That girl.. I’ve seen her somewhere before, but where?’ Peniel thought as he watched the two of them leaving the canteen.

“What was it that you had to ask me in private?” Sungjae cocked his head to one side, confused by her actions.

“You went Lotte World.. With who?”

“Uh.. A friend?” Sungjae did not like how the conversation was proceeding. It felt as though Mieun knew who the girl was.

“Obviously,” Mieun rolled her eyes before continuing. “Your mum owns xxx restaurant, doesn’t she?”

Sungjae gasped in surprise but Mieun ignored it and continued.

“And that girl you went out with, she’s someone working in your mum’s restaurant”

“H-how..” Sungjae stammered.

“And that girl’s name is Kyungmi who is actually Seoyoung,” Mieun stated flatly, watching his reaction closely.

“Y-you knew all along that I was pretending to be Sungmin..?” Sungjae asked, his voice almost a whisper.

“No I didn’t. Seoyoung only told me she had a colleague who resembled Sungjae too much but when he introduced himself, she realized it was just a look-alike. She’s really into those superstitious beliefs so that was why she believed it. It was only after that day at Lotte World, the guys were saying that that was you, and I recognized Seoyoung beside you despite the guys not doing so. That was when I started to have my suspicions but I kept forgetting to ask Seoyoung about it until just now. I had a hunch but I couldn’t be sure, that’s why I asked you out, away from them”

“I..I was going to tell her the truth..” Sungjae stuttered, his eyes downcast.

“You’d better. In case you didn’t know, Seoyoung hates people who lie to her. And there she was telling me how she felt so conflicted because she originally had a crush on you and then as days passed, she realized she had a bit of feelings for Sungmin, when the 2 are actually the same person. I’ll keep your secret for now though,” Mieun sighed and patted his shoulders before heading back to the table.

“She.. likes me?” Sungjae voiced out his thoughts before recollecting himself and followed behind Mieun.

‘Time is running out,’ Sungjae thought as he watched Seoyoung laughing with the B.A.P members from across the canteen.