Haunted House

Love triangle

“Hyung, do you.. by any chance.. have fallen for her..?”

Himchan choked on the glass of water that he was drinking and coughed out. Youngjae’s eyes widened at his reaction and stuttered.

“Y-you.. really like Seoyoung?”

“NO! I DON’T!” Himchan managed to choke out a reply with much difficulty.

“She’s Bbang’s right..?” Himchan said in almost a whisper.

Youngjae did not seem to have heard his last sentence as he heaved a sigh of relief before flashing a smile at his hyung and left the kitchen to wake the others up. Not long after, everyone came down for breakfast fully dressed. Himchan was the only one still in casual wear since he had not changed out from what he wore to sleep.

“Guys, how can you change without me? I’m the birthday boy yet I’m cooking too..” Himchan whined.

“Shut up. You were the one who insisted on making breakfast,” Seoyoung glared at him as she was busy savoring her pancakes with maple syrup poured all over.

That shut Himchan up and everyone ate their breakfast peacefully. After breakfast was done, Seoyoung stayed to do the dishes and wash up while Himchan went back up to get dressed.

“We’ll wait for you guys outside,” Yongguk said and left with the others.

Seoyoung stopped whatever she was doing; It was the first time Yongguk had spoke to her since that time. She shrugged it off and continued cleaning up. Himchan was still nowhere to be seen even after she was done.

“What.. How long does he need to change?” Seoyoung frowned and decided to look for him.

*knock knock*

No response.

“Yah Kim Himchan! It’s been almost half and hour! Just how long do you need! The rest are waiting outside!” Seoyoung hammered on the door.

However, there was still no response.

“Did he die inside or something?” Seoyoung muttered under her breath.

After a minute or so, Seoyoung started to get worried. Normally Himchan would have replied already. The lack of response was making her fidgety. In the end, she decided to go in after much contemplation. She turned the knob and was surprised that the door was not locked. She hesitated but went in nonetheless. It was dark inside but still visible due to the light coming from outside.

Seoyoung could make out a figure standing and he turned. Her face flushed red when she saw Himchan topless. She gasped and her hands went up to while her face darted downwards immediately. She slowly backed away out of the room, careful not to knock into anything.

“S-sorry.. I didn’t know you were still c-changing..”

There was a sudden gust of wind and the door slammed shut behind Seoyoung, and she stifled a gasp. Himchan was standing dangerously close to her, half . Her gaze unconsciously flickered to his body, and she saw his well defined abs. Although it was not as good as Yongguk’s, it definitely was enough to make Seoyoung blush. When she realized what she was doing, she quickly turned away but the damage was done.

“Like what you see?” Himchan smirked as he inched closer to her.

“W-what are you talking about?” Seoyoung stuttered and she backed away, still not looking at him.

“Weren’t you checking out my abs just now?” Himchan teased.

“No-“ Seoyoung hit the back of the door and she started to panic when she saw that Himchan was still not stopping.

All of a sudden, Seoyoung’s phone rang and she took her phone out hastily. It was a message from Sungjae. She hesitated for that split second before tucking her phone back into her pocket. Himchan was able to take a quick glance at her screen and his face darkened when he caught a glimpse of Sungjae’s name.

“Well? You still haven’t answered my question,” Himchan continued, placing his hands on either side of Seoyoung, trapping her.

“I-“

Himchan’s phone rang this time. He groaned and pulled his phone out and mentally cursed at the maknae.

“Hyung! Why are you guys taking so long!” Zelo shouted through the phone, making Himchan hold his phone a distance away from his ear.

“Yah don’t shout! I’m going to be deaf ugh.. We’re coming,” Himchan replied and hung up, muttering slurred words under his breath but Seoyoung swore she heard words that she would never expect him to say.

Himchan turned away abruptly to put on his shirt as if nothing had happened and then got out of the room, followed by Seoyoung. Everyone gave them weird glances as they got into the van and Seoyoung felt slightly uncomfortable but kept quiet nonetheless. She mentally thanked Himchan for asking the question she wanted to ask but did not.

“Yah! Why are you guys looking at me like that?”

“Mmm~”

“What kind of answer is that?!”

“Hyung, did you two-“ Zelo was smacked by Daehyun before he could even finish his sentence.

“What? Daehyun, let him finish his sentence. What about us?” Himchan narrowed his eyes at the maknae.

“Uh.. It’s nothing,” Zelo mumbled as he decided against saying the truth seeing the dark aura emitting from Himchan at the moment.

“Good”

Himchan went back to listening to his music and paid no attention to the rest in the car. Seoyoung stole a quick glance at him and saw that he was deep in thought. They reached their destination and Seoyoung groaned when Lotte World came into view. She was going to get tired of the place soon if this goes on. Noticing her lack of enthusiasm, Zelo tapped her.

“You don’t like the amusement park?”

“Ani, it’s just.. Nothing,” Seoyoung muttered as she recalled her date with Sungjae.

Zelo knitted his brows and was about to ask her but decided against it. Little did Seoyoung knew what was in store for her. The members went straight to the upgraded haunted house and Seoyoung gulped. Haunted houses were never a favorite, because she was afraid of the dark and she was sure they knew. The queue unfortunately (in Seoyoung’s case) was not as long, probably because it was a weekday and most people were either at work or in school.

And yes, Seoyoung skipped school again. she swore her attendance rate was going to hit the minimum if this goes on.  10 minutes later, it was their turn. They were supposed to enter in pairs so Seoyoung decided to pair up with Himchan.

“Himchan-“ Seoyoung turned, only to see the rest of the members outside of the queue, leaving her alone with Yongguk.

“What- Hey!” Seoyoung shouted as they waved and grinned at her.

Yongguk was looking at Himchan desperately, a hint of plea in his eyes but the latter only smirked before turning to leave with the other members. Yongguk groaned silently as the staff ushered them in. The moment they entered, the door closed shut behind them and they were engulfed by the darkness. Seoyoung stopped in her tracks as her heart started to thump wildly. Because Seoyoung could see equally well in the dark, it made her paranoid whenever there was movement of any sort. Yongguk sensed her stopping and stopped too.

He opened his mouth to say something but then decided to stay quiet. He waited for Seoyoung to continue walking and maintained the same pace as her, staying beside her at all times. With every step they took, Seoyoung looked around in all directions, not letting the slightest bit of movement escape her eyes undetected. Once, Seoyoung thought she saw something move but upon closer scrutiny, she realized it was only the dust, made slightly visible due to the dim lighting. Seoyoung started to find it weird that things were going pretty smoothly for them apart from the spooky interior when she sensed something or someone behind them. She stole a quick glance at Yongguk but he did not seem to have noticed anything. Either that or he was just not afraid.

Taking a deep breath, she turned and let out a ear-piercing scream. Yongguk was startled; He turned to see a white figure running away, and Seoyoung on the ground. It was déjà vu for Seoyoung again; She was suddenly reminded of the time Sungjae was here with her. Except now it was not him, but Yongguk, the one person she hated. Or so she thought.

“Hey.. Are you okay? What happened?” Yongguk crouched down until he was level with Seoyoung and gently asked her.

Seoyoung had her face buried in her hands as she kept shaking her head. Yongguk hesitated for a moment before placing his arms over her shoulders, pulling her close to him. He remembered. He remembered how Seoyoung was afraid of the dark.

“It’s okay, don’t worry.. I’m here..” Yongguk whispered, although he was just taking a chance with his words.

To his relief, Seoyoung did not push him away or even start shouting at him. He took a deep breath and relaxed, and started rubbing his hands up and down her back in an attempt to get her to calm down. It worked because Seoyoung stood up after a while or so, clutching onto Yongguk’s arm tightly. Yongguk would be lying if he said he was not shocked by her actions. Nevertheless, he was still pretty happy about it. He used his free hand to gently pry her hands off and held her hand instead, fingers intertwined with one another. He felt her body tense up at his actions and wondered if he went too far but then she relaxed.

That was how they finished the haunted house; Fingers interlinked and walking side by side. Seoyoung still screamed every now and then whenever she got scared. Yongguk swore his eardrum was going to explode any time soon, and he had a feeling her screams could be heard from outside the haunted house and silently chuckled when the thought of the other members teasing her came to his mind.

After what felt like an eternity, the pair of them finally reached the end of the trail, and it took a while for them to adjust back to the daylight. All of a sudden, they heard whistles and out of instinct, Seoyoung slid her hand out of Yongguk’s and stood a distance away from him. When her eyes finally adjusted back to the sunlight, she was surprised to see B.A.P. All of the members were eyeing them and smirking, with the exception of Himchan. She could not quite fathom his expression though, it did not seem like he was happy, neither did it seem like he was sad.

“How was the haunted house?” Daehyun asked innocently.

“You! How dare you ask me about it!” Seoyoung’s attention turned to Daehyun and she snapped back at him.

“Seoyoungie! Don’t be mad at hyung,” Zelo ran forward and gave her a bear hug.

“It was my idea,” He whispered into her ear and sprung apart quickly.

“Choi Junhong! Come back here!” Seoyoung screamed and started chasing him around.

‘Deny as much as you like but, I can tell you don’t hate Yongguk.. You’re just creating a wall between you and him because you’re afraid of getting hurt again. I wonder, if the both of us fall into the ocean and supposedly cannot swim, who would you save if you could only save one..?’


B.A.P’s in LA now. Omg I swear I haven’t been keeping up with BTOB/B.A.P updates recently T_T /sigh and thank you to the 3 of you for upvoting my story! ♥

@eagle_tamer: Junhong’s still a little kid ♥ Yes there will be! ^^

@panda10: IKR. Himchan is like, the cutest thing ever ;___; Okay enough I need to stop cheating on Daehyun LOL.

@helloangel123: Hehe I was never mad ^^ My updates are pretty irregular depending on my mood OTL so it’s not your fault ^^

@InfiniteAddictxD: Don’t worry, it’s not just you; idk who to ship now too ;__;