A New Friend?

Runaway Bride

Yesung's POV

 

Today was just like any other of the off days that I had from work. Ryeowook was preparing breakfast in the kitchen alone when I woke up, where's Ryeoseon? was the first thing that came to my mind. I have gotten used to her presence in the dorms over the past few weeks that she has been staying with us. I didn't talk to her yet before since the members are always around and Henry had introduced me to her as "a hyung with a weird aura and personality", maybe that was why she did not come and talk to me. I swear I will kill that brat someday for introducing me like that.

 

“Oh! Good morning Yesung hyung!" Ryeowook chirped cheerfully.

 

 I nodded my head and grabbed a cup beside the coffee pot, pouring myself a hot cup of the black liquid taking a sip before helping to Ryeowook to set the table.

 

"Thanks hyung! You don't really need to help me.." Ryeowook smiled as he started scooping out the rice placing them in bowls.

 

"I wonder where did Eugena went so earlier in the morning... Siwon said she isn't in her room..." Ryeowook muttered.

 

"Hmm? I was going to ask you that too." I replied.

 

The rest of the members have started streaming in and almost everyone was here, except Henry.

 

"Did they go dating again?" Kyuhyun smirked as he settled down on the chair.

 

"WHAT?!" Leeteuk screeched. "It's too early!"

 

"Brat! Stop freaking out your hyung!" Sungmin stated as he smacked the back of Kyuhyun's head.

 

"Don't worry hyung, they are just friends." Sungmin said trying to console Leeteuk who is obviously freaking out at the disappearance of his 'daughter' without a word.

 

"Teukie hyung, just calm down and have our breakfast first. She will be back soon, we still have a schedule later." Kangin said as he guided Leeteuk to the dinning table.

 

"How can you ask me to keep calm?" Leeteuk exclaimed, "She's your child too!"

 

"I know, but she's 18 already, I trust her not to do anything wrong, hyung." Kangin replied as he patted Leeteuk on his back.

 

Leeteuk sighed as he nodded before tucking in to his breakfast. After Leeteuk started eating the rest of the members started to pick up their chopsticks. The short peace was soon broken as Ryeoseon returned to the dorm with Henry walking behind her. We stared at them for awhile waiting for an explanation from them.

 

"Did you guys go on a date early in the morning?" Kyuhyun smirked.

 

She rolled her eyes. Before Ryeoseon could reply Kyuhyun, Leeteuk screamed, "HENLI!!!!"

 

"Ne? Hyung?" Henry asked hiding behind Ryeoseon.

 

"WHERE DID YOU BRING HER?! WHY IS SHE NOT WEARING ANY SHOES AND STILL IN HER PYJAMAS?!" Leeteuk screeched.

 

"Uhm... Hyung..." Henry was cut off before he could finish.

 

"Teukie oppa, he bullied me." Ryeoseon said and pouted.

 

"AISH YOU BRAT!" Kangin exclaimed standing up from his seat and moving towards Henry.

 

"Ryeo Seon, go wash your feet and have your breakfast." Leeteuk instructed her and she skipped off to the bathroom.

 

"Hyung hyung, we only went to see her apartment! I didn't bully her..." Henry said as he backed away from the two disciplinarians.

 

"Why is she without her shoes then?" Kangin questioned.

 

"I... Eugena! Help me!" Henry cried dodging away from Kangin's arm.

 

"NOO... DON'T LET ME DIE HERE!! I WANT TO DIE AT HOME!!" Henry wailed after realising that Ryeoseon wasn't going to come to his rescue.

 

"Hyung hyung please let me go? I promise I will not do it again!" Henry begged hugging Kangin's leg.

 

Leeteuk used his knuckles to hit Henry's head, "Next time do it after breakfast when she has changed, you bratty dongsaeng." he sighed.

 

Kangin shook him off and returned back to his seat with Leeteuk. Henry quickly got up and settled on the empty seat next to Ryeoseon.

 

They were whispering about something before Henry sighed as he ate his breakfast with a forlorn expression. After breakfast the rest of the members left for their schedules and Henry started exclaiming about Ryeoseon's apartment while she was washing the dishes.

 

"Hyung! You guys should see her music room! IT'S LIKE A RECORDING STUDIO!" Henry exclaimed while gesturing animatedly.

 

The recording studio caught my attention, not many people I know have their own recording studio let alone a recording studio in their own home.

 

My curiosity got better of me, "Uhm, Ryeo Seon-ssi... You mind letting me take a look later?" I asked shyly, not sure about how I should talk to her.

 

"Eh? I don't mind..." She replied looking a bit shocked.

 

"NOO!!!" Henry jumped up and shouted, "Her apartment is only available for viewing after her housewarming party tomorrow!"

 

"WAIT. WHAT?!" She glared at Henry. "You better be the one who organise it then."

 

"Challenge accepted." Henry said proudly.

 

"Dude, I will need to do up my house..." She sighed.

 

"We shall go shopping and let those two fashionistas help you with the decoration! Right hyungs?" Henry asked.

 

Zhoumi and I looked at one another before nodding our heads, suddenly it seemed like a bad idea but it gave me the chance to take a look at her apartment.

 

"I guess we could, but first we are going to have to see the house." I stated smirking with Zhoumi nodding in agreement.

 

Henry opened his mouth to protest but Ryeoseon cut him off, "You started it, so do it."

 

Henry reluctantly agreed and brought us to see her apartment while she finished up washing.

 

"Ryeo, we will meet downstairs in 30 mins!" Zhoumi called out before leaving.

 

"Okay!" She shouted from the kitchen.

 

Henry having access to her home made me questioned their relationship status. When we went down to the car park, Ryeoseon was already sitting there waiting for us with an envelop in her hands. I walked towards her and rapped the back of her head using my knuckles.

 

"Let's go!" I said in English.

 

Ryeoseon wasn't happy and she came up to me and confronted me and I acted innocent and denied her accusation, it was nice playing with her as I knew the next person she will be finding will be Henry. That would teach him a lesson about introducing me as a weirdo to Ryeoseon.

 

After spending a few hours in the supermarket, we decided that we should have the housewarming party today instead of tomorrow after consulting with Leeteuk hyung. Zhoumi and Henry busied themselves helping Ryeoseon to prepare for the housewarming part while I decided to settle down on the couch and play Candy Crush on my phone. 

 

I heard the soft melody of the piano flowing out from one of the rooms, my curiosity got better of me and I set off to look for the person playing the piano. The melody was one that I had never heard of before and the voice was too high to belong to Zhoumi. Henry was definitely not the one playing as he was still in the kitchen preparing for dinner later. 

 

I found the source of the melody and realised that it was Ryeoseon playing in her music room. I was shocked that she could sing as we never really talked about the topic much over meals. I crossed my hands and watched her silently as her fingers ghosted over the keys naturally while singing with her eyes closed. She had a beautiful voice and I can feel the sadness radiating out even though I could not understand the language.

 

I was immersed in her performance that I didn’t realised that ZhouMi has stood beside me already. I was startled when he clapped when Ryeoseon finished playing. 

 

“Good job! You are really like your brother!” ZhouMi commented shocking Ryeoseon in the process as she fell of her chair. 

 

“Oh my god. I didn’t notice you guys there…l” Ryeoseon replied as a blush creeped up her face. 

 

I guess she wasn't used to performing in front of others.

 

“Yeah, you did great. The emotions are conveyed out well.” I added in making her blush harder. 

 

She was cute this way when she’s blushing. Ryeoseon was unlike the many other girls that I have seen in my life.

 

 

 


A/N: Sorry for taking that long to update. It's been quite a busy semester in school and I was running out of ideas of how to continue this story. I might be putting this story aside for awhile as I realised that my writing style has changed over the year. I might be ending this soon or just leave this here as I realised that it's quite long and might be boring for some readers too. 

I will also be editing stuffs here and there such as my grammar mistakes and etc since I'm now writing on my computer first instead of typing it directly here. Please do check out my other works too.

Thank you guys :) Do comment on the story and anything else that you find it's lacking ;)