Korean Intensive!

Runaway Bride

Eugena's POV

The boys had last minute schedules and I'm left alone in the dorm most of the time. With nothing much to do, I stayed in the room all day and practised my Korean. Sometimes when Siwon or Ryeowook comes back early they will teach me some Korean and test me on my spoken Korean. In return, I taught them Chinese and some English. Sometimes the other members will help me in Korean if they were home early or when they do not have any shedules that day. Leeteuk have slowly started to accept me and is less cold towards me.

Since the boys were busy with their schedules, I helped prepare their meals for them with Ryeowook, since it's a tiring job for him to cook for so many people after his long schedules. Cooking for the boys is a fun task since I like cooking a lot and it's also a learning experience in Korean culture, cuisine and language! Since I was getting a hang of Korean, I could understand most of Korean spoken by the boys now. I should really thank the boys for teaching me Korean! Though it does help if you have a flair for languages too.

Wayne is finally coming over tomorrow! I can't wait to go to the airport and fetch him and wow him with my Korean! I was thinking about this happily while washing the vegetables. My phone rang. It must be Wayne! I thought and I ran to my room to get my phone.

"Annyeong~" I said after picking up the call. I had checked the caller ID before picking up the call.

"Annyeong? What happened to Bonjour?" Wayne asked.

"Well, I'm having Korean intensive now!" I replied.

"Okay." Wayne laughed. "There's something I have to tell you. I have to delay my trip to Korea for about three to four days..."

"Huh..." I pouted.

"There's some things that I have to settle before going over to Korea. I'm going back to Singapore first." Wayne said.

"Are you going to tell Mum and Dad?" I asked softly. The boys still did not know anything about why I came to Korea, other than I was going to study here.

"Er... I guess so. I might be able to grab a few things for you." He replied unsurely.

"What about him?" I asked. I knew that he will not give up that easily.

"Damn. I forgot about him. I will see how. Eugene's back in Singapore, we will discuss about this later." He replied.

"Okay sure. Call me again and tell me your flight details." I said.

"Byes. Take cares, Gena. Love you." He replied.

"Bye. Love you too." I replied, trying to hide the sadness in my voice.

I stayed in my room and tried to compose myself. I miss my family. After five minutes, I took a look at the mirror and smiled before heading out to help Ryeowook with the cooking and setting up of the table.

"Eugena, who was that?" Ryeowook asked in Korean.

"It's oppa." I replied in Korean.

"Oh, JJ hyung is coming over tomorrow right?" He asked.

"Er... Oppa have some things to settle thus he's delaying his flight." I replied. Only close friends and my family call Wayne by his Christian name, other people just call him JJ or his Chinese name, Jun Jie.

"Don't feel sad! You still have us!" Ryeowook said as he gave me a bear hug,

"Thanks oppa." I replied while smiling brightly.

"We are home!" Eunhyuk shouted as he opened the door.

"Wookie~ Is dinner ready?" Donghae asked, "I'm famished!"

They sat down at the sofa resting on one another's arms. The others came back one after another in their pairs or alone. Within five minutes, Ryeowook and I have set up the tables and laid out all the food at the table. The boys quickly sat down and started eating. Many of them shared the happenings of the day with one another.

"Eugena, JJ hyung is coming over tomorrow right?" Leeteuk asked in Korean.

"Er... He got something crop up last minute. He's coming over a few days later." I replied unsurely in Korean. I didn't have much confidence in my Korean since I just started it.

"I see..." Leeteuk trailed off before exclaiming, "Your can speak and understand Korean fully now?!"

"Aniyo. Cho gu myo." I replied.

"That's a great progress! Now there's someone to match with Kyuhyun's IQ!" Leeteuk commented.

I got lost at the last part and asked Siwon to translate it for me.

"Aniyo. I'm only good in arts and language." I replied. "I fail my maths and science terribly! But some how managed to get good grades during exams..."

Kyuhyun smirked. 'I'm still the smart one!" he said in English.

"Imbécil, orgueilleux mec!" I said in French. Which means Stupid, proud guy! I smiled when Kyuhyun couldn't understand what I was saying.

"Eugena, what did you just say?" Eunhyuk asked in Korean.

"Ne? Er.. Stupid, proud guy?" I replied.

The boys burst out laughing.

"Evil makane meets his competitor!" Kangin exclaimed while holding on to Leeteuk's shoulders to preven himself from falling to the ground.

Dinner resumed after all of them had stopped laughing. As usual I helped Ryeowook clear the tables, wash up and back to my room to study Korean. Since Wayne is coming over is another three to four days, I figured that I could carry on with my Korean intensive. Though I may be and to speak and understand Korean, I still could not read! I get lost when I see how the circles and vertical and horizontal lines! This is harder than Chinese!

I decided to watch some of my favourite K dramas and read the subtitles to aid in my learn. I could only remember that I was into the fourth episode before I lost conscious.

I woke up the next day to find that I was lying straight on my bed with the blanket covering me. I sat up trying to recall what happened since I only remember that I was watching my dramas. I figured that I must have fallen asleep like before, I do have some record in the past of falling asleep without me feeling tired, Siwon must have placed me in bed and tucked me in. I took my phone and looked at the time, the house was surprisingly quiet for a morning and Siwon isn't in his bed.

There was a new text message from Siwon.

"There's breakfast in the fridge. And be prepared to go out in the afternoon. Wayne had asked me to help you with some shopping for your apartment."

I replied Siwon, "Arasso. :)"