Married at 18?!

Runaway Bride

No one's POV

Eugena (Im Ryeo Seon) was a happy go lucky girl, she's eccentric at times. Her life has been good, living like a little princess at home. She wasn't great in studies like her other peers but she has an eye and mind for design. Since young she wanted to become a Fashion Designer. She had her first boyfriend at the age of 13. It was a wrong choice, she wasn't mature enough to know that what she felt towards the guy was just what they called infatuation. She realize that their relationship is just (best) friends instead of lovers. She broke up with him indirectly.

 

Eugena's POV

When I was just a baby, my great grandmother said to my grandma "This little girl is getting married at 18."

I thought it was funny to make such a comment/remark about me when I was just a baby and I don't even remember seeing her before. But there was a promise that no one else in the family know of until 1 week before my eighteen birthday.

His POV

Dad has asked me to bring this envelop to this family, saying something that I will be getting married soon. He was going to meet up with me after work to visit the family. I could not aruge with him. And I thought he was just kidding with the getting married part. I was just 22! And I still miss her even though 5 years have passed since I initated her break up with her.

Finally the day has ended. I picked up my bag pack preparing to leave the office when I got a call from dad.

"Son, have you ended work? We are coming to pick you up. And don't forget the envelop I passed you this morning. DON'T FORGET TO BRING IT WITH YOU!"

"Pa, yes... It's still with me... Since it's so important why did you let me have it in the first place? What is so important about it?"

"beep....."

Woah, my dad has cut me off the line. I'm curious what this whole fuss is about. As I walked out of the building I saw my family waiting for me inside the car. I walked towards it. Greeting my parents and older brother as I open the door and settle down.

"Drive!" My dad instructed my brother.

The whole journey was slient. I dislike the feeling. 

After a good 15 minute drive, we finally arrived at our destination.

I took a deep breath, feeling all the memories of us rushing back. She lives here.

"SON! Come help us carry them up! And please look presentable! SMILE."  My dad instructed me.

"What is all this items for?! Who are we visiting that is so important?!" I asked after seeing all the items at the back of the car.

"It's for your wife's family."

"WHAT?!"

"Shut up. And do as I say. She is going to be a great wife and a great daughter-in-law, it's in my guts" Mum chirped in.

I facepalmed myself. What am I getting into? An arranged marriage? To a girl whom I never met before and will not fall in love with? Does the girl even know about this?

"Get moving you bum!" My father screehed at me.

Reluntactly, I trudged behind them.

"Don't worry bro, I believe that she's a great girl. You will love her!" My brother encouraged me.

I just nodded. Inside my brain I was thinking of ways to break off from this whole marriage thing. Unknowingly I was standing in a corridor all to familiar to me.

She lives at this level, this block.

My dad pressed the door bell.