Before the Party

Runaway Bride

Ryeo Seon's POV

After a grueling two hours at E Mart, I managed to leave the supermarket hanging on to the very thin thread of sanity left in me. We spent an hour at the household goods section picking out all the necessities that I supposedly like, with the help of our very own fashionista ZhouMi. And I lost count of the number of bruises I got from all the things that Yesung was dumping into the trolley on me. It took a while for me to get out of the trolley as I was burried by pots, pans, utensils and cups that Yesung just dumped in after getting ZhouMi's agreement. 

Why did I even agree to this whole thing? I whispered sliently to myself as I sighed and went off to get another trolley since first trolley was filled with household goods. Henry has disappeared to somewhere probably afraid of me snapping at him. Well, at least they solved the problems of household goods, I consoled myself.

"Oppas! Are you guys done with this section?" I asked returning with a new trolley.

Yesung nods and pushed Henry who was hiding behind him in front. 

"Hi... Eugena..." Henry stuttered. "Icameoutwiththisverygoodmenuforthepartyduringmyabsence!" He rattled.

I looked at Yesung quizzically and he just smiled, he must have known that I was going to tear Henry apart since he got me into this 'mess'.

"Pardon?" I replied.

"I mean... I came out with this very good menu for the party during my absence..." Henry finished slowly before asking me carefully, "You are not going to kill me are you?" 

"Me? No~" I replied sarcastically wrapping my arms around his neck, "I LOVE YOU TO BITS!" before tightening my grip.

"Hyungs! Help me! Murder..." Henry choked out as I dragged him to the groceries section.

I heard ZhouMi laughing behind whispering to Yesung about something.

"Since you said that you came out with an awesome menu how about you go buy the ingredients?" I pushed Henry towards the vegetables.

"Yes Madam!" He quickly replied and took the empty trolley from Yesung. 

True to Henry's words he selected the ingredients quickly and we were done with the menu now. We moved on the the snacks section and the trio were aruging about what snacks to buy for the party and so before they moved on to debate over the choice of drinks. There we have the two elders saying that we should be getting some alcoholic drinks because how can a party be without any soju and the opposition party, Henry, with his arguement that "Eugena is underage so there can't be drinks!". I rolled my eyes at him but kept quiet to enjoy the show.

"The last time I checked she was drinking already." Yesung stated.

"I remembered that she's 18 already." ZhouMi added.

Henry's mouth formed into a huge O shape, nodding his head agreeing to what his hyungs has just said.

"But it does not mean that we should buy!" Henry replied, nodding to himself.

I glanced at them before grabbing two packs of beer before dumping it into the trolley and walked off to get a few bottles of soju. Ending their arguement.  

"But..." Henry looked at me and pouted.

"No buts." I stated frimly before pushing him off towards the cashier, "Time to pay, my love." 

Henry sighed and pushed one of the trolleys towards the cashier and ZhouMi high-fived Yesung before pushing the other trolley towards the direction.

"I will pay for the others and you will pay for the food." I told Henry as we were queuing up, "And you better be cooking!" I added.

Henry nodded quickly apparently still upset that I didn't stood with him in his arugement. 

"Cheer up bro!" I nudged him, "You know I love you right?" 

"Really?" Henry's face lit up, "Does this mean that you are not angry with me?"

"If we don't leave now I will be really angry at you." I replied. 

"Good! Let's go quickly!" Henry replied happily placing the items on the cashier counter in record speed ignoring his hyungs teasing that he is whipped.

I looked back at them, "Whipped?" I asked curious about the meaning.

Both of them shook their head and waved me off saying that it was nothing important. I just shrugged it off and paid for my things. 

After exiting the checkout counter Henry led me to the front of the supermarket where there are used boxes given by the supermarket to help the consumers pack their shopping for easy carrying back to their homes or cars. I found it highly helpful since no plastic bags were given and there was a whole awful lot of shopping to be carried back to the dorm and I was secretly glad that we had a car. 

Even after packing the stuffs into the boxes, we still could not bring it back to the car as there were 5 boxes and only four of us. It doesn't help with Henry insisting that a girl should not carry heavy stuff. In the end we placed the boxes back in the trolley and pushed it back to the car to deposit our shopping. Henry was refusing to let me do anything and doing everything by himself. I took the opportunity to enjoy the rare treatment and let Henry handle everything. 

Back at home, the boys helped me carried everything and arranged everything in their respective places and Henry started busying himself chopping vegetables and cooking for the party. While Yesung texted the rest of the members telling them about the party later in the day and sat down at the sofa playing games on his phone. 

Zhou Mi being the eager kid he is helped me decorate the house and forced me to clean up my bedrooms and helped me with the bedsheets. I was curious why he forced me to place bedsheets on my bed and he just waved me off saying little kids don't need to know. I just left it there since I am not keen what is going on in the heads of this lanky chinaman.

After ZhouMi chased me out of my room saying that I was more a hindrance than a help, I went to the kitchen and helped Henry with the food. Upon seeing me in the kitchen, Henry kicked me out of his territory asking me to just sit down and enjoy my life. I looked at him thinking, WHY AM I BEING KICKED OUT OF MY OWN ROOM AND KITCHEN? 

I sighed and went to my music room leaving Yesung at the sofa because I am not keen to be chased away by him in my very own house. I started choosing which instrument I would like to play first since I have not been practising ever since I came to Korea. I sighed and sat down at my piano running my fingers through the ever so familiar keys before playing the song that I have been practising for a while, Romantic Mystery, my favourite song from my brother's previous album. I sang a long to the song while my fingers glides over each key that I memorise by heart.

[ Youtube link to Romantic Mystery MV: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g_kzmJba6Qw ]

 ♫ Girl we were once a Romantic Mystery,

oh your touch 向日葵裡的秘密

相愛原來是種默契

故事細膩 Romantic Mystery

神秘 抽象是一種情緒

油畫鮮豔了 所有回憶

故事在彎曲 流蘇在搖曳

我們相戀的 結局美麗

如果可以 愛像雨季 痛快想你

這種沙灘 這種浪漫 這種印象 狠狠愛你 一場

這種橋樑 這種村莊 這種月光 讓愛有畫 面感 

Tu es Ma Misterieuse Romance Je t'aime

Ta beauté, je ne L'oublierai Jamais, Jamais ♫

Unknown to me there was a figure leaning by the door watching me play silently.