Furniture Shopping with Siwon

Runaway Bride

Eugena's POVa

Siwon drove me to Hongdae to look for some furniture when he came back in the afternoon.

"Siwon oppa, is there any IKEA stores here?" I asked in English. I missed using English. I could cut myself some slack and speak to Siwon with English though I need to practise more on my Korean. I shall speak Korean after this, I said to myself.

"Ekia?" Siwon replied. "Nope, never heard of that before."

"Oh okay..." I said. I am a huge fan of IKEA furniture since they are sort of like customized for you! And they are quite cheap and it allows you to change your room design every few years! As it is cheap! Okay, I know it's just a consumer psychology thing.

We went to a few second hand shops to look at things since I wasn't really prepared to buy expensive and new furniture for 'my' apartment. I wanted to go back home after I completed my degree, but then the whole running away saga should have died down.

~Flashback~

"What type of furniture are you looking for?" Siwon asked me in Korean.

"I guess something cheap and nice?" I replied.

"Let's go to Hongdae then. There's quite a number of second hand shops over there."

"Okay anything." I replied before going to my room and pick up some items to bring out.

~End of Flashback~

After walking around Hongdae for an hour or so. I still couldn't find the furniture that I fancy, if there's one it is either is a not so good condition or it is too expensive. Siwon said that I could get a brand new piece at the furniture store just adding a bit more of money. I was surprised that he knew that much about furniture, but I didn't ask about it.

"Siwon oppa, I'm hungry. Is there any nice food stalls here?" I asked. Walking around Hongdae district had burn quite a lot of energy and I didn't really get to try outside food ever since I arrived.

"Let's go to the stall over at the corner. They sell nice ddeokbokki and quite a lot of other stuffs." Siwon replied.

My eyes lit up at the mention of ddeokbokki! I simply love ddeokbokki!!! Back in Singapore, I would go sourcing for nice korean restaurants and food stalls and try all their ddeokbokki! I found one korean food stall in a hawker centre that sells nice ddeokbokki. It has been my favourite since! But now, I'm gonna get some authenic korean cuisine! As normally, the korean food sold in other countries are sort to changed a little bit to fit the taste of the locals. I pulled Siwon over to the direction he pointed out just now. I WANT MY DDOEKBOKKI!

Siwon laughed and allowed me to pull him along. Once at the stall, he asked me what I wanted to try. There were so many choices that I didn't know what to choose.

"I want ddeokbokki and then some of the food that you reccomend?" I said.

Siwon ordered food for me and him and paid for it. He gestured me to the seats at the corner of the stall. Once I sat down, my phone rang. It was Wayne! I quickly picked up the call.

"Hey Gena, I'm coming over in three days. I have asked Siwon to accompany you to buy some furniture for your house." Wayne said in English.

"Yea kor, we are outside at Hongdae now looking at some second hand furniture." I replied.

"Second hand furniture!? Go to a proper furniture stall and get some new ones! Second hand furniture are full of germs!" Wayne shouted.

Gosh. Wayne's hygiene freak is starting again. I thought to myself.

"And you are my beloved sister! It's an order from me to go buy some BRAND NEW furniture." He continued, placing emphasis on brand new.

"Yes, sir." I joked. "Did you tell dad and mum yet?"

"Not yet. That is coming over every other day to bug them for news about you!" He replied. Wayne sounded very pissed off.

"Well, that sounds like him." I replied.

"Oh yeah, before I forget. I removed the spending limit from your credit card since you are going to need quite a lot to buy new furniture for your apartment." He told me.

"Kor, why don't you come over and get the apartment first before we see what we need?" I asked.

"Siwon has seen the house. You pratically need every thing new? Since I'm buying the apartment, there's isn't any furniture included." Wayne replied.

"Orh." I replied. I didn't realise that Siwon had came back and sat down beside me. The table was laid with different kinds of street fare, I am drooling just looking at it. Everything just look so nice!! And I saw my ddeokbokki!

"Just go and buy your furniture!" He commanded again.

"Yes. I know. I'm eating now." I replied. I picked up my wooden chopsticks and started eating my ddeokbokki. It is heavenly! This is even better than the ones in Singapore!

"What are you eating?" Wayne asked.

"Er... Ddeokbokki and some street fare." I replied.

"You got to bring me there when I come over okay?" He said. "If it is nice!" He added.

"Yeah sure." I replied smiling brightly. "Wait, did you have lunch already?" I asked. Wayne has gastric problems and yet he don't eat regularly due to work reasons.

"Er..." Wayne said.

"Go get your lunch RIGHT NOW!" I commanded him. "If you get gastric again you will not be able to enjoy Korean food!" I shouted at him.

"Yes, madam." Wayne replied jokingly.

"Go now and bye." I said before pressing the end call button.

I picked up a few more pieces of ddeokbokki and started eating. Siwon was looking at me.

"It's Wayne that called." I told him in Korean.

He nodded his head. "Eat more." He said while pushing some plates closer to me.

I smiled and nodded my head. "I'm going to gain weight if you keep asking me to eat!" I said.

"Don't worry, you are skinny!" He replied.

We finished eating within five minutes. I guess he was hungry too. "Did you eat your lunch?" I asked Siwon.

"Not really. Just had a coffee." He replied sheepishly.

"No more skipping of meals, arraso?" I said seriously.

"Ne. I promise." He smiled.

He didn't asked me much about why I make a fuss about skipping meals so I assumed that either Wayne told him about it or he heard what I said to Wayne just now. I got a feeling that someone is following us, I turned around and saw a man with a camera in his hands. Damn. Is he a reporter? No wait, reporter ask things openly and don't stalk people. What was that term for this type of people? Oh yeah... It's the paparazzi!

PAPARAZZI?! . I took out my phone and texted Siwon, pretending to stop at the bus stop to wait for the bus.

"Siwon oppa. I think there's a paparazzi following us. Six o'clock direction. Meet up later?" I texted him.

"Okay sure." He replied back.

I kept my phone. And took a look at the bus stop advertisements. I noticed that the man was standing at the entrance of the Family Mart. He's looking at my direction and Siwon's direction, figuring out who to follow. That's the paparazzi, for sure. I had quite a lot of experience with them since my kor was a famous singer, I had naturally developed a sixth sense for these type of lowlifes of society. I don't really look down on their job, what I look down is their character. They would write anything that will earn them money and often which is untrue. The man decided to follow Siwon.

"Paparazzi following you." I texted Siwon again.

I went to the Family Mart and got myself a drink. Then I realise that the back view of the man is very familiar. He looks like the guy seating behind Siwon at the food stall! This is it. He may have gotten some photos of us together. I can't risk that. I walked off in the direction that he went. He took a few snaps of Siwon walking and etc. I quickly thought of a plan. I need to get the memory card of the camera! I looked at the drink in my hand. I smirked. This is gonna be fun! I thought to myself. It's been a pretty long time since I pulled a trick like that.

I crossed the road and walked opposite of the man. I kept my eyes on him. I noticed a roadside stall selling some cloth masks that looked super pretty! I got one for myself and put it on. I took out my beanie and sunglasses from my bag and wore them. Siwon has manage to get a lead, he crossed the road before the traffic lights turned red. The man was stuck at the junction, which just made my plan easier.Since it was a cross road junction, it was my turn to cross the road.

After crossing the road, I made my way towards him. I was standing beside him right now. He was still focusing on not losing track of Siwon. Which made my plan a whole lot easy. It was a pretty crowded at the traffic light. Everything is just so perfect. Now it's time to place my plan into action. His camera is a DSLR and I was standing at the side which the memory card is inserted. I moved closer to him as there were more people crowding. Thank goodness the waiting time for this traffic light it pretty long. I just hope that my plan B will work out, since plan A was to "spill" my drink over his camera but only the camera will spoil and he still have the memory card.

I folded my arms across my chest and slowly moved my left arm towards the opening of the memory card. My forefinger was on the latch of his memory card opening and he still did not notice it yet. I gingerly pushed the latch backwards using my nail and it "tak" opened. I sneezed to cover the sound made by the latch opening. I pressed the memory card and it popped out. I used my nails to pinch it out and I bumped into him by accident. There was someone pushing through the crowd. When I bumped into him, I took the chance and close back the latch of the memory card compartment. I slipped the memory card into my pocket. The whole "stealing" of memory card was over in forty seconds. Well, it isn't really stealing since I was planning of mailing his memory card back to him if I knew where he is working. Of course, after deleting all the photos!

Don't asked me where I learnt all this. My parents and the school didn't teach me these. And I certainly am not a pick pocket. I had always like to play pranks on my family. And "stealing" their belonging under their noses was one of them! The traffic light turned green and the man rushed off in Siwon's direction. I crossed the road and took a left turn.

"Meet back at the carpark." I texted Siwon.

He replied immediately. "Okay."

I walked back down to the place where we parked our car and took out my card reader. I was glad that I left my Apple iPad Camera Connection Kit in my bag previously. I plug the card reader device into my iPad and downloaded the pictures out. Before I had the chance to look at the photos, Siwon have came back. He quickly opened the door for me and drove off. I flipped through the photos he have taken. Most of them was of Siwon and there was some pictures of me and Siwon at the food stall! My hunch was right. I smirked, pity that guy. He probably still hasn't notice that his memory card is missing.

"What are you looking at?" Siwon asked.

"Tell you when we get back to the dorm. Concentrate on driving." I replied.

He nodded his head and concentrated on driving. I continued to look at the photos. He's a pretty good photographer! At least he got some great shots and will be able to write a huge long essay about some untrue things.

We reached the dorm without me knowing. I quickly got out off the car and walked beside Siwon.

"Since we are back, will you tell me what were you smirking about?" He asked.

"Only if you promise not to get angry and scold me or what so ever." I said.

He nodded his head. I passed him my iPad and let him take a look at the photos.

He gasped. "How did you get them?"

I pulled out the memory card from the card reader and showed it to him and smirked.

"That guy gave it to you?" He asked.

"Nope." I replied while smiling.

"You stole it?!" He exclaimed after thinking for awhile.

"Technically, yes. But I'm planning of returning it to him if you know which company he is working for." I said as I shrugged my shoulders.

The lift has reached our level and Siwon was still looking dumbfounded.

"Are you going to stay in the lift the whole day?" I asked him as I stepped out of the lift.

He snapped back into reality and came out. He opened the door of the dorm and held it for me.

"Thank you." I chirped.

"Hello oppas!" I said as I skipped in. Leeteuk, Kangin, Ryeowook and Donghae was sitting infront of the television watching some programme.

"Young lady! You better explain yourself." Siwon shouted.

"Gosh. Siwon oppa, you promised not to get angry and stuff like that." I pouted.

The four of them looked taken a back by Siwon's outbrust. I looked at them and shrugged.

"Well, I hate getting my pictures taken by the paparazzi so I just got it back. If you know which company he works for tell me. I will mail him his memory card back!" I said.

"Geez. What happened?" Kangin asked.

"She stole the memory card of the paparazzi who was following us." Siwon replied.

Their jaws dropped.

"Tell me how you did it Eugena! Did he find out?" Kangin asked excitedly.

"Hyung! Stealing isn't right!" Siwon said.

i ignored him. I told them how I notice the paparazzi following us and how I managed to get the memory card.

"Where did you learn that?" Donghae asked after I finished my story.

"That's not a question to be asking now!" Siwon smacked his head lightly.

"I just use to pull this type of prank with my family." I smiled.

"So that was what Wayne hyung said about you being very..." Siwon trailed off.

"I guessed he used the word playful?" I said.

Leeteuk was still shock.

"Leeteuk oppa? Are you okay?" I asked.

"Can I see the photos he took?" Leeteuk asked.

Siwon passed him my iPad. He have been holding on to the iPad ever since he figured what I did. Leeteuk took my iPad over and started browsing through with the rest of the boys. Leeteuk broke into an uncontrollable laughter. His laughter is very unique and funny and soon the angry Siwon was starting to laugh.

"Siwon-ah! Be glad she took the memory card!" Kangin said in betwareen laughs. "There's some unglamorous pictures of you!"

The rest of the boys nodded their head and couldn't stop laughing. Siwon snatch the iPad over and took a look at the picture of his unglam. I skipped beside him and took a look at it.

"No deleting of pictures!" I said before snatching over my iPad from him and started laughing like mad. It's rare to see unglam photos of Siwon!

"Okay, I'm glad that you took the memory card away from him." Siwon finally said.

I smiled.