Lunch and A Shopping Trip with A Bunch of Boys

Runaway Bride

Eugena's POV

We left the theme park and went to a secluded Korean BBQ restaurant. They must be regulars here since the lady boss seem to know them and ushered them into the private room at the back. She quickly came back with lots of appetizers and left to come back with plates of meat, lettuces, kimchi soup and rice. They boys started BBQ the meat and digging in to the kimchi soup and rice. Shindong smiled happily as he keep putting meat on to the grill pan.

I sat between Henry and Siwon. They were asking questions about what my hobbies were, what musical talents that I have. I answered them one by one. Then Siwon asked about my religion, I said that I was a Christian. He beamed. The rest of the members were super rowdy as they were playing some game to determine who will be paying the bill. Leeteuk lost the game, that was according to what Henry had told me.

The meal was over in an hour or so. Most of them were complaining about how full they were.

I asked Siwon, "Siwon oppa, if there any bookshops nearby that sells korean guide books in english or chinese?"

"There is one near our dorm." He replied.

"Can I go and buy them later?" I asked. I need to learn Korean fast! I am getting very frustrated that I couldn't understand Korean. And partially because I was pulled away from home even before the start of the school semester! I have decided to sign up for the Korean diploma plus offered by my school when it reopens as I knew what I wanted to do after graduating from my school. Go Korea and study for a degree in Fashion Design.

"Yeah, why not?" Siwon replied.

"Thanks, oppa!" I smiled.

"But you are not going alone! I'm coming with you." Siwon said.

"You don't mind waiting? Cause I may take quite a long time there. By the way do they sell bibles in English there? I didn't bring my bible over..." I said.

"I don't mind." He smiled and ruffled my hair.

 

"I want to come with you guys too!" Henry pouted.

"Sure!" Siwon replied.

The three of us was walking behind the rest of the boys, as we were having our own conversation.

"Siwon-ah! We are going to the shopping centre to do some shopping!" Leeteuk called out to him in Korean. "Are you guys joining us?"

Siwon quickly translated what he said to me, my eyes sparkled when I heard shopping.

"So I guess you want to go shopping." Siwon smiled. I nodded my head.

"Hyung! We are joining you guys!" Siwon shouted back to Leeteuk in Korean.

We boarded the same mini bus as before. It took thirty minutes before we arrived at the shopping center. Since I couldn't read Korean, I didn't know the name of the shopping center. The buses dropped us off at the basement of the shopping center.

"Is there a book shop here? Siwon oppa?" I asked.

"There's one at the second floor." he replied. He told me and Henry to wait over here as he went over to tell Leeteuk about our plans. I should call Wayne now and tell him about my plan to buy guide books since I'm don't have the patience to wait till he comes over the following week.

I took out my phone and quickly dialed in the number that was craved in to my head.

Wayne picked up at the second ring. However the voice that came through the speaker wasn't the voice that I am familiar with. It was rough and fierce.

"Hello?!" The voice said fiercely.

I was scared speechless. Did I dial the wrong number? It can't be the case...

"Hello?! Who is this?!" The voice asked again fiercely in Chinese.

I suddenly remembered what Wayne always does when he receives a call without a caller ID, it always happens when Mum called Wayne.

"This is you sister luh!" I replied in Singlish.

"Gena?" The fierce voice returned back to the voice that I was familiar with.

"Yea, who did you think it was kor?" I asked.

"Sorry, Gena! Your new number didn't have a caller ID, so I thought it was some fan that called." He replied.

"I'm going to get myself some guide books to learn Korean. I can't wait till you come over next week! It's killing me not knowing their language!" I said.

"My dear Gena can't wait to start her new life?" he asked.

"Yea my dear kor. I can't wait." I laughed. "Plus, it was my intention to learn Korean when school reopen! But somethings happened and I'm hear in Korea. So why not?"

"Hmm... True true, Use the credit card found in your new wallet, I have subbed one to you." He said.

"Credit card?! You got to be kidding me, kor!" I said in disbelief.

I held my phone to my ear using my shoulder and dug through my bag for the wallet that I have dumped inside when I was packing.

"Nope, I'm not kidding you. There's a credit card there." he said. "If I'm not wrong it's inside the left hand side compartment,"

"Oh I see it! You seriously subbed a credit card to me?!" I asked still refusing to believe what I am seeing.

"Yes. Figured that you will need more money than those that you have. And I wanted to give it to you as your birthday present. By there's a spending limit to it!" he replied.

"Aww!! Thanks kor! May I know what's the spending limit?" I said.

"Spending limit is capped at 2000SGD per mth?" He replied.

"Woah! That's quite a lot!" I exclaimed.

"I know right? But it's for your daily expenses and for you to buy your books. I increased it recently cause you are now overseas." He said.

"Noted! Thanks kor! I love you loads!! Muacks!" I said while giving him a kiss.

"Eugena, let's go!" Henry said as he pulled me to where Siwon was heading.

"Kor, talk to you later! I got to go now~ Byes~~" I said.

"Byes~ Have fun!" he said.

I quickly put my phone away and let Henry pull me towards Siwon and ZhouMi. I just realise that the shopping centre is pretty much deserted. I guess it must be the main reason why they had chose to come here to do some shopping. We took the escalator up to the second floor and headed to the book store. Siwon led me to the Language References section and pointed me to the a shelf.

"There's the shelf with the guide books that you are looking for. And the bibles are over at the section." He said.

"Okay! Thanks." I said as I skipped off in the direction of the guide books. I quickly browse through the titles and settled for one guide book in English, Korean for Dummies. I took the book and went of to get my bible. After getting my bible, I decided that I may need another guide book for Korean in Chinese so I went back to the shelf and picked one out with the help of ZhouMi. I was glad that the book store have a wide variety of books and the best part is they have it in different languages! I love it here! I was done selecting my books in thirty minutes. Siwon and Henry was looking at some books.

"Oppas! What are you guys looking at?" I said as I surprised them from behind.

"Erm nothing." They replied.

"Are you done?" Siwon asked.

"Yes, I'm..." I trailed off as I notice the shelf behind them have lots of cook books! In ENGLISH! I walked over there quickly and picked up a book that looked interesting.

"Hey! Where are you going?" Henry asked as I was walking over.

I took a few cook books and started looking through. There's quite a lot of cook books that I have never seen before and there were books that taught you how to make korean cusinie!

"You like to cook?" ZhouMi asked in Chinese.

"Yea! I like to cook for my family especially kor! You know you singers always don't have the time to eat well during work and often neglect your health... Plus my kor has gastric problems thus I will always cook for him when I'm over in Taiwan or when he's back in Singapore." I replied.

I picked some cook books and made my way to the cashier. I bought a dessert making cook book, a korean cuisine cook book and a bento making one! I am officially a happy girl! The trio walked behind me.

"Do you have enough money?" Siwon  asked.

"I guess so. Kor gave me a credit card." I replied. "How do I tell her by credit card?" I asked.

"Let me do it!" Henry said.

Henry spoke to the cashier in Korean and he asked for my credit card. I gave it to him and the cashier did the swiping before asking for my signature. I signed it. She placed the books into a plastic bag and handed it to me.

"Thanks." I smiled at the cashier.

"Where do you guys want to go next?" I asked in Chinese. "Shopping?"

ZhouMi eyes immediately sparkled with excitement and he broke in to a big smile. "Yes!" He replied.

Henry and Siwon groaned.

"Are you sure you want to go shopping with him?" Henry asked in Chinese while puffing out his checks.

"Erm... Why not?" I replied.

"He can shop for hours!" Henry replied while acting pitiful. Siwon nodded his head.

I laughed. I have heard that ZhouMi's favourite sport is to go shopping! So I guess it's true!

"Let's go then! I want to see who can shop the longest!" I said in Chinese.

 


P.S. I wrote a new fanfic over the weekend... Do read, subscribe and comment too! :D Do tell me if I made any errors or if I have any areas for improvement. :) Still recovering from my writer's block. I had a writer block due to my term paper and business proposal which was due the previous week... Rushing a 1,200  word essay withing 1 week and including research for my topic is hard that's why I had a writer block after the term paper submission...