Second Lollipop

It's Kyungsoo's Story

 

                “Well, he’s fine aside from the broken knee. There’s no need to be worried. But he still needs to stay in the ward for a couple of days for a few more check-ups since we could not be sure if there are no internal injuries.” The doctor spoke to manager hyung in a calm voice.

                “Ok doctor. What about the other members?” manager hyung looks worried.

                “The others are fine. Just some bruises and cuts. You can take them home except him.” The doctor pats manager hyung’s back and leave.

                “Thank you doctor.” Manager hyung turns to the bed besides him and sits on the chair not far from it. He stares at the lying body on the bed for a few seconds and sighs. Then he looks around the empty ward and sighs again. He scratches his hair with both of his hand vigorously for few times and slaps his thighs. Then he stands up and walks over to the door.

                Suddenly the door opens and five boys rush in with bandaged arms, bruises on their faces and wounds on their feet and hands. “Hyung! Are you alright?!” Chanyeol speaks as he hugs his manager. The rest follows.

                “I’m fine boys. It’s him you should ask.” Manager hyung points at the bed. Now everyone is looking at the same direction. The lying body on the bed. It’s Kyungsoo.

                “Is he gonna be fine hyung?” Sehun asks. He looks like he would burst into tears anytime soon. The other members look sad too.

                “The doctor said he’s fine. But they still need to keep him in the ward because they can’t be sure that he has no internal injuries in his body.” Manager hyung looks awful.

                “I’m so sorry kids. If only I’d listen to Joonmyeon's words we probably won’t end up being in here and Kyungsoo won’t be lying on that bed. I don’t know how to explain to your parents and the company. The reporters might already hear the news and I’m pretty sure there are tons of them outside right now.” He can’t hide his depression.

                “It’s okay hyung. We’re fine aren’t we? You don’t have to blame yourself. Things just happen unplanned. We’ll be more careful next time won’t we?” Baekhyun’s words really help a lot. The others nod. Manager hyungs smiles a little.

                “Now, I have to get you guys home. The company already cancels all of your schedules for tomorrow and our representatives will give statements to the reporters and explain to your parents about tonight’s accident. So let’s go home and take a good rest.”

                “What about Kyungsoo? I don’t think it’ll be good when he open his eyes and see nobody besides him. I’ll stay.” Suho sounds concern. Of course, he’s the leader. Their guardian angel. Taking care of them is his duty.

                “No Joonmyeon. I’ll stay. After I send you guys home I’ll come back here an accompany him. All of you should really get some rest.”

                “It’s okay hyung. I’m fine. I’ll wait here and you can take them home.” Suho insists.

                “Ok Joonmyeon. Maybe that’s a better idea. Now the rest, let’s go home.” manager hyung walks away and the rest follow.

                “Hyung, call us when he’s awake ok?” Kai speaks before he close the door. Suho nods. 

 

**********