Fifth Lollipop

It's Kyungsoo's Story

 

                “Kyungsoo-ah!!!” Chanyeol bursts into the room as Suho opens the door and he dashes to the lying Kyungsoo. Suho face palms himself when he sees Chanyeol’s reaction.

             “Chan-ah, Kyungsoo is still weak. Don’t push him too much.” Suho knows Chanyeol will ignore his words. Honestly, none of the members really listen to what he says. Even the staffs at SM realize this.

               “Easy bro. My knee.” Kyungsoo points at his broken knee when Chanyeol seems like to squash him as he tries to hug him.

                “Owh, sorry.” Chanyeol adjusts his position and sits on Kyungsoo's left side.

               “Feeling better hyung?” Kai speaks and sits behind Chanyeol.

               “Yeah. Much better. But my whole body is still aching.”

               “What did the doctor said this morning?” Baekhyun sits on his right side.

              “I can’t move too much since my body is still weak. And I still got a few more checkup and x-rays to make sure there are really no internal injuries. As for the knee, well, it’ll take a lot of time to heal of course.” Kyungsoo looks sad. He knows he can’t perform on stage with that broken knee.

          “Relax hyung. I think you’ll recover faster than you realize.” Sehun tries to brighten up the atmosphere.

          “Ok, enough with the sorrow expression. Kyungsoo-ah, since you are in here, no one make us breakfast this morning so I challenge myself to cook my own version of kimchi fried rice for everyone. And I even brought some for you. Look.” Baekhyun pulls up a paper bag on his hand.

              “You’re going to let him taste that?” Chanyeol throws a derp face.

              “Why not? I thought everyone said it’s nice, so I save some for our omma.”

          “Hey, it’s okay. At least it must taste better than the tasteless hospital food right?” as Kyungsoo takes a spoonful of the kimchi fried rice into his mouths, he wishes that he did not say what he said just now. Baekhyun, maybe you should work a little more on your cooking skills.

 

    **********

 

             I never thought that today’s morning duty will finished this late. Usually I’ve already at the counter around 10.45 am. But today, it took longer than that. As I walk through the hallway of the first floor to the counter, I see Yeonhee sunbae glares at me when I bow at her. As far as I remember I never do anything to her. So why on earth did she glare at me just now? Not good. I quickly walk towards the counter and luckily Soyeon is there.

           “Soyeon-ah, did anything happen while I’m not around?” Soyeon flusters when I grab her arm so sudden.

             “You scare me! No, nothing happen. Why?”

           “When I walk here just now, Yeonhee sunbae gives me this kind of creepy look. So I thought that I did something wrong.”

            “No. seriously, nothing happened.” Maybe something got into her eyes at that time. Just ignores her.” Maybe Soyeon is right. Just when I try to sit on my chair, Matron Kim walks over to the counter and look at me.

            “My office. Now.” I freeze. Ok, maybe I did do something wrong.

 

**********

 

        “Do you know why are you being called?” Matron Kim’s voice sounds like she’s going to dissect me anytime soon.

           “No ma’am.” I try to keep calm.

         “Don’t be so tension. I’m just trying to act cold.” Matron Kim giggles. Honestly, looking at the situation now I don’t even know whether I should laugh or not.

           “You didn’t do anything wrong dear. Actually I called you because I want to you to attend to a new patient.” Phew~ She should have said that from the beginning. What’s with the tension after all?

            “Owh, ok.”

           “Well, here his report. You’ll be helping Doctor Sung.” Matron Kim hand over a report file to me.

           “May I know which ward he’s in?”

          “Ward 4. Room 7.” Great. Now I think i know why Yeonhee sunbae glared at me just now.

 

**********