Seventh Lollipop

It's Kyungsoo's Story

 

             “Oh, Hi doctor!” Chanyeol waves his hand cheerfully.

   

        “Hi Chanyeol. How’s your arm? Did you apply the iodine this morning like I told you last night?” Doctor Sung already recognizes all of them since last night.

 

          “Yeah. I did. Baekhyunnie helps me apply it.”

 

         “Good. So Kyungsoo, feeling much better now?” Doctor Sung puts his right hand on Kyungsoo’s shoulder and gives him a warm smile.

 

            “Yeah. Much better after all of them came.”  The others smile too.

 

         “Very good. Ok, now let's check your condition.” Doctor Sung puts on his stethoscope and checks Kyungsoo’s heartbeat. Then he switch on his mini torchlight and checks Kyungsoo’s eyes and mouth and put it back into his pocket before writing something on the report.

 

            “Everything is fine. But you still need to stay here for a few more days ok Kyungsoo? And yes, this is the nurse that is going to take care of you while you in here.” The nurse behind him smiles and nods. Then Kyungsoo notices something, her lips.

 

           In front of the bed, he realizes Chanyeol and Baekhyun raise their eyebrows for a few times at him. He knows what they mean but he rather pretend not too.

 

         “Looks like nothing is wrong. So I shall take my leave. Rest well ok. Boys.” Everyone bow to Doctor Sung as he walks out of the room.

 

           When the door is close and Chanyeol is sure that Doctor Sung and the nurse had left, he speaks, “Is it just me and Baekhyun that notice our Kyungsoo blushes when Doctor Sung introduced him the nurse?”

 

           “Shut up Chan!” Kyungsoo throws him the pillow and everybody laugh at him.

 

***********

 

           The evening is quieter than he expected. The rest of the members had left half an hour ago because the visiting hour just ended. He’s all alone in the room. Even the TV has nothing interesting to watch. He breathes heavily. How can he spend another few days in here? He tries to get off from the bed but it’s useless. He can’t even lift his right foot because it is too heavy. The cement that caused it. At least he needs someone to help him to get on the wheel chair.

 

            Suddenly he thinks of someone. The nurse that came with Dr. Sung just now. Should he call her? She’s probably busy right now. But he really needs to get out of this room. Just go anywhere, as long there is other living creatures around him. But will she come if he calls her? What if she thinks that he is just trying to trouble her? Maybe Kyungsoo thinks too much. She’s a nurse right? That’s her job anyway. Kyungsoo pushes the red button on the wall behind him. A few minutes later someone knocks on his door. It’s her. She came! Kyungsoo did not understand why suddenly he feels excited over that knock.

 

**********