Fifteenth Lollipop

It's Kyungsoo's Story

 

               After the funny incident that morning, he didn’t call me anymore for the rest of day. If I were him, I’ll do the same thing too. But I realized when the rest of the EXO-K members walked in front of the counter while they were on their way out of the hospital, they looked at me and giggled. I expected that he must have told them about it. So today, I don’t know if he’s ready to meet me and Dr. Sung again. I did think about what happened yesterday when I got home. But it’s just gives me a headache thinking about it. So like Soyeon’s suggestion, I decided to act normal.

                Dr. Sung told me that he has a meeting with the other doctors that morning, so he said he’ll call me after the meeting is over and then we’ll go to Kyungsoo’s room. It looks like the meeting will probably end a little late. So I decided to do my morning duty first before he calls me. As usual, I climb the stairs to go to the third floor to meet Minah in Ward 6. When I arrive, she is already awake as usual too.

                “Hi Minah! Feeling better today?”

                “Yes unnie! I feel much better than yesterday!” Minah answer cheerfully. Every day, when I ask her the same question, “Feeling better today?” she’ll answer the same thing too. Cutie Minah.

                “I saw your sister came yesterday. You must be very happy.” I sit beside her.

                “Oh, yes! My sister came and she brought me this, look.” Minah shows me a small basket full of dolls, accessories and make-ups. I know Minah likes all of these stuffs. Even when I was at her age, I enjoy playing with those stuffs too.

                “Wow! You must be very happy aren’t you?” I pinch her rosy cheeks.

                “Yes! But no one wants to play with me in here. Can you play with me unnie?”

                I never resist Minah’s request. Looks like it’s still early, so I agree to play with her for a while. She pretends to put on the toy lipstick on my lips and the other toy make-ups as well and then we play with her.

                “Unnie, you’ll be the queen and I’ll be the princess.” She handed me a Barbie doll with a crown on its head.       

                “Then who’s going to be the king?” I ask her.

                “Erm……… well I don’t know. Do you know anyone who can be the king?” Minah stares at me, waiting for my answer.

                Kyungsoo.

                “Unnie, unnie!” I realize Minah is tapping my arm a few times.

                “Ah… yes! No! I mean no, I don’t know anyone. Well maybe the king had died in war so it’s only left the queen and the princess in the castle.”

                What was I thinking just now?! Kyungsoo?! Gosh! I must be out of my mind.

                “Oh, okay.” Minah continues to play with her doll.

                I did not realize that half an hour had already past when I play with her. I only realize it when suddenly my cellphone vibrates inside my pocket. It’s a text from Dr. Sung telling me that he’s already in W4:7.

                “Oh Minah, I’m very sorry, I’ve got to go now. I’ll play with you again later okay?” I feel very sorry for her but I really should go now because Dr. Sung is already there.

                “It’s okay unnie. You can go, you must have lots of work right?”

                “Thanks Minah. I’ll see you later okay. Don’t forget to eat your medicine!” I shout and wave at her as I run towards the staircases.

                I did not realize that Minah was shouting something back at me and that was one of my biggest mistakes that day.

 

************

 

                Honestly, Kyungsoo wishes that Dr. Sung did not come that morning because he still feels embarrassed about yesterday. He can’t even look at Dr. Sung’s face. He looks behind Dr. Sung. But she’s not there. He wonders why. A little disappointed actually.

                “I expected another buing buing surprise when I open the door just now.”

                Thanks a lot doctor. That really ‘helps’ a lot.

                “Sorry to disappoint you doctor.” Kyungsoo’s face turns red again.

                “I’m just kidding Kyungsoo. Looks like you’re getting better. I think maybe you’ll be discharge in another day or two.”

                Suddenly he feels a little sad upon hearing the good news.

                “Maybe you should hurry and finish up what you have started yesterday.”

                Kyungsoo lifts his head and stares at Dr. Sung blankly.

                “What do you mean doctor?”

                Dr. Sung smiles and suddenly the door opens.

                “Sorry I’m late.” Now he understands what Dr. Sung means.

               As she comes closer to them Kyungsoo’s jaw drops.

               “Wow.”

               Chanyeol, help me.

 

************